Are YOU on a fitness journey and want support? Me to....

Options
I was on this site years ago and had good luck tracking calories, lifting, running and just getting fit. A lot has happened since then. I battled alcoholism, a heart aneurism, gained weight and now I have a beautiful baby girl.

I quit drinking about 2 years ago before my girl was born, but couldn't find my fitness bug again because I was afraid of dying and dealt with some depression. Flash forward, here we are... doctor says we will keep watching the heart issues... long story.... and says I can exercise again.

I'm here, meals prepped for the week. I would love to find some excellent people on the fitness road to say hi to, and I'd love to cheer you on as well!

Tell me about yourself, what are you after, and maybe some of your challenges?

I look forward to doing this together! Add me as a friend if you like. Or you can just reply here. Either way, do something that helps you keep moving forward on your road to success.

Cheers!
Lloyd

Replies

• Mrs_Vad3r
    Mrs_Vad3r Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I feel you there, at the start of 2020 I realized I gained all the weight I lost after my daughter then some. Was depressed and dealt with frustration at my lack of time. When Covid hit I started working from home, in May I downloaded the Centrfit app and used it exclusively for meal planning and working out. I spent about $1000 to buy a squat rack, all the plates, dumbbells, and kettlebells I'd ever need.

Lost a bunch of weight and was stronger than ever. In March of 2021 my boss went on maternity leave and I stepped up to pick up the slack which means I once again found myself with no time (well I had plenty of time to mindlessly scroll through TikTok each night, just not enough time to workout.. you know how it goes). Once I stopped working out I started eating junk again, from March to September I gained 15 pounds. But here I am, back at it again ready to lose the 15 I gained and prep for a power lifting comp in 2022.
  • dblirondog
    dblirondog Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Vad3r wrote: »
    I feel you there, at the start of 2020 I realized I gained all the weight I lost after my daughter then some. Was depressed and dealt with frustration at my lack of time. When Covid hit I started working from home, in May I downloaded the Centrfit app and used it exclusively for meal planning and working out. I spent about $1000 to buy a squat rack, all the plates, dumbbells, and kettlebells I'd ever need.

Lost a bunch of weight and was stronger than ever. In March of 2021 my boss went on maternity leave and I stepped up to pick up the slack which means I once again found myself with no time (well I had plenty of time to mindlessly scroll through TikTok each night, just not enough time to workout.. you know how it goes). Once I stopped working out I started eating junk again, from March to September I gained 15 pounds. But here I am, back at it again ready to lose the 15 I gained and prep for a power lifting comp in 2022.

Yeah I bet its pretty common. We all seem to have reasons why we go backward. Its hard to get out of the funk sometimes to! But I've won before and its so so worth it! I know you will get there this time and stay there, you have that fire!! Way to go for making it happen!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of success using MFP several years ago, but then went through some issues and gained all my weight back, plus some. I've tried starting several times since then, but can't seem to stick with it. When I lost weight several years ago, I did it for someone else. This time, I want to do it for me (my husband says I look good no matter what, but I don't feel good). I find I do better when I am working with/talking to others on the same journey as me. So I post a lot on my news feed and interact with friends there. I will add you!
  • dblirondog
    Options
    I had a lot of success using MFP several years ago, but then went through some issues and gained all my weight back, plus some. I've tried starting several times since then, but can't seem to stick with it. When I lost weight several years ago, I did it for someone else. This time, I want to do it for me (my husband says I look good no matter what, but I don't feel good). I find I do better when I am working with/talking to others on the same journey as me. So I post a lot on my news feed and interact with friends there. I will add you!

I love that! To me, this what a site like this is all about! Obviously the calorie tracker is super helpful, but so are like minded people that you can relate to!
  • teresa7926
    teresa7926 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on being alcohol free - that is a major accomplishment. One step in your journey to being the best self you can be, especially now that you are a daddy.
  • dblirondog
    Options
    teresa7926 wrote: »
    Congratulations on being alcohol free - that is a major accomplishment. One step in your journey to being the best self you can be, especially now that you are a daddy.
    Thank you so much! She deserves the best, so that’s what I’m striving to give to her.
  • steeleme7
    steeleme7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello trying to make friends do how are you
  • dblirondog
    Options
    steeleme7 wrote: »
    Hello trying to make friends do how are you

Hi there, I sent you a request. I try and support everyone I can!
  • capgordon7741
    capgordon7741 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey man how's it going hope u are well at ur end . I've just started using mfp again after awhile to keep track of my eating helps me to stop eating the bad *kitten* lol . Am 40 years old and love football/ soccer if ur American lol and love hitting the gym just love how when am there head phones on swtlitch world off for couple hours . And just want to get fitter and do more tough mudder and OCR courses along with bit of bodybuilding lol . .