What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    5K today morning sub 30 minute. Havent run in a month but was grateful to be able to still keep it under 30.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Supposed to be a rest day, but I ended up spending the morning rearranging furniture in my house. So....:
    4 couch lifts
    2 rug slides
    1 table drag
    15 minutes cable/cord wrangling

:smiley:
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    11657 meters on the rower. Odd number but I did an hour unstrapped (the foot straps not strapping you in). That helps with sequence so you are forced to do it in the correct order.

Been a long time since I did a whole hour unstrapped but it helped keep the HR and pace in check.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Ouch, I can definitely feel the effect of yesterday's deadlifts 😁
    Maybe that's why my run was a bit rough this evening: 5.5km in 40min10, with a short walking break in the middle.
    One minute in Z4, 22 minutes in Z3 and the rest below.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,065 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine, 8203 meters (including row in/out & CD meters), usual format, 2:36.X pace on each of the pieces, 19spm, 64% Z3 (HR peak 141, just under 70% reserve), rest Z2 & below.

Earlier in the day I watched a video from an Australian outfit called Decent Rowing that I follow on Facebook. They have some for-pay content elsewhere, but offer some FB, email, and other content for free. (They're on-water people, but offer a good bit of erg coaching content, like most on-water coaching sources.)

They had a different cue for what I think of as maintaining body angle, or driving the body wedge up the slide: Thinking of the shoulders and hips moving at the same speed during (most of) the leg drive. So, I played with that idea some, along with working on suspension at relatively low pressure since I was still keeping the intensity on the low side. (It seems easier to feel at higher pressure, and I don't like changing the damper/drag factor.)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Rowing machine again today. 11813 meters. All strapless again. Getting back in the swing of doing every steady state workout strapless. HR was higher than I'd like but consistent. Stayed right around 75% of max nearly the entire row.

It's paying off on my form. I'm not losing any momentum at finish of the stoke (based on my feet are staying on the pads, not lifting up).

Around 820 calories for the hour.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady today.... 35 minutes on elliptical and I tried to keep a consistent pace. This kept me in Zone 3 until I approached the 30 min. mark, then I was creeping into Zone 4 and had to slow down. I guess this tells me what I need to work on.
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    220 minutes on my Elliptical for 14 miles.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Cooking duty tonight, so exceptionally a workout after dinner today: 5000m indoor rowing in 24min40. Probably a bit too soon after dinner and/or a bit intense, got a bit queasy and lightheaded afterwards, but only for 5 minutes or so.
    14% in Z4, 74% in Z3 and the rest below, 23spm on average.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Mobility/Yoga - (20-30m)

Meditate - (5m)
  • alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Legs
    Hip thrusts
    Lunges
    SL RDL
    RDL with KB
    leg ext
    calves
    more calves

I am cooked!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I lifted weights last night. (I am weak, the drawback of being a 50 year old tinybro.). I did a spot of hangboarding, which was OK - my finger strength has improved recently.

The main lifts were:
    Bench, 50 kgs, 3 sets of 7
    Squat, 80 kgs, 3 sets of 5.

The bar moved quite quickly on both lifts, so I may put more weight on the bar next session.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Mobility - (15m)

Strength: Upper Body HIT
    HSPU: 2x1r, Failure (6)
    Pull-up: 2x2r, Failure (12)
    Dips: 2x2r, Failure (10)
    Row: 2x2r, Failure (12)
    Pushup: 2x3r, Failure (16)
    Hollow Leg Lifts: 2x6r, Failure (29)
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    An hour interval workout. Kept it simple, set the rower for an hour and did 500m at 26 SPM (higher DF than I prefer) and then 500m easy. Rinse and repeat. Just shy of 12K meters. Would have had more but a little cut on my one finger just started bleeding all over after the second interval and I had to tape it up.

Still burned around 900 calories for the hour.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,065 Member
    Options
    Back to rowing machine day, 8,190 meters; the usual recent 3 x (2k on, 2' off) + 1k + 3' CD, at moderate pace, 2:36.2 and 18spm overall, mostly working on suspension. I slipped over into Z4 for 1:30 (3% of the time) by just a few bpm, rest was Z3 (29:08, 63%) and below.

Also did a few rounds of sun salutations before breakfast.