WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2021

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,755 Member
    Options
    Kelly ... congratulations on another beautiful grandson!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,233 Member
    Options
    On the train I was reading the book Margaret recommended, SET BOUNDARIES, FIND PEACE, by Nedra Glover Tawwab.
    It's very good - easy to read and has a friendly tone. Also on special offer on Kindle at the moment! I think I have developed good boundaries over the years, but no one is 100% and I have learnt quite a lot. I highly recommend it to anyone who feels stressed or overwhelmed, or just not listened to in relationships.

Very tired after my trip. It was lovely to come home to chicken soup cooked by DH. <3:D

Kids tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a good night's sleep.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,465 Member
    Options
    On the train I was reading the book Margaret recommended, SET BOUNDARIES, FIND PEACE, by Nedra Glover Tawwab.
    It's very good - easy to read and has a friendly tone. Also on special offer on Kindle at the moment! I think I have developed good boundaries over the years, but no one is 100% and I have learnt quite a lot. I highly recommend it to anyone who feels stressed or overwhelmed, or just not listened to in relationships.

Very tired after my trip. It was lovely to come home to chicken soup cooked by DH. <3:D

Kids tomorrow, so I'm hoping for a good night's sleep.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I just put a hold on that book! I'm #32 in line for the 8 copies they have. But I'm a patient sort.👍
    Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    Options
    ☘️ Reading to catch up. May not have time to comment as it’s 10 mins to my device shutdown deadline
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Dr upped my Zoloft.. and she is due with a baby 3 weeks after my daughter.. she also is having a boy..
    I really do like her alot.. she said well I dont need to order any bloodwork lol.. between the bloodwork they did for the transplant evaluation and for my nephrologist appointment im all set .
    She has made a recommendation that i see a dietician and weight loss APRN.. especially for transplant purposes.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    7cky5fnfx1z5.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 29min 26sec, 66 elev, 3.34ap, 87ahr, 103mhr, 5.08mi= 462c
    Strava app = 613c
    Walk to stores n bk- 44.44min, leasure pace, 2.28mi= 302c
    Strava app = 276c

Total cal 764
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,713 Member
    Options
    Watching Public Television - Rick Steves European Christmas.. very enjoyable.. of course im trying to relax but Alfie is hogging the bed lol,oh well gotta love him anyway
    Watching this show sort of reminds me of watching the travelogs with my grandma at Cheshire high school..I always enjoyed those..
    Even if physically I can't do what i used to ,which I would love to still do i still have wonderful memories of what i have done and im truly blessed.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie - I have not started any new knitting projects since we got home. I enjoyed seeing our newest grandson wrapped in the blanket that I made for him. It was a treat to see him in it while we were there.

I have been having trouble rejoining our group. Do I have to pay money to someone? I would appreciate guidance. I am frustrated every time I try to post.

Katla
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka – I can’t answer your question on what is different without opening a discussion of the pandemic. Travelling across the country to see our family members took up nearly every moment that we weren’t sleeping. My son wanted us to be quarantined as much as possible. I’m happy with the visit, but not thrilled about two jet flights across the country. The jets made it possible to see our family so I can’t complain about them. No computer use during the visit, and coming back to the changes on MFP has been daunting at times.

Katla in NW Oregon

The forum changes have nothing to do with the pandemic.

When I ask what is different, I mean within MFP. What is different on your screen?

Please help us help you.

Please describe the problem you are having, step by step.

Are you looking for the star that used to be in the top, right corner of the screen to click and find this thread?

Or is it something else?

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    A quick announcement! Baby Javier was born Wednesday, Dec 8. 7pounds 14 oz and 20 inches long! Everyone doing well! rqb5zrcoddy2.jpg
    0brwbionzugu.jpg

Lovely! :heart:
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Went to co-op this afternoon after DD got off work. It was member appreciation day and everything was 15% off. We had been putting off buying some things until today in order to get the discount. They had everything we wanted except a flexible tote to use as a muck bucket.

I drink lots of water and only occasionally have a small soda or gingerale mixed with fruit juice. I don't drink tea or coffee at all.

I learned to crochet in my 20s. I did quite a bit for a while, even learned to do lace. I tried to learn to knit but never could get it straight. I didn't do much crochet for a long while but then began again when I joined the prayer shawl ministry at church. I started doing afghans during the pandemic for family and friends. I am currently working on 2, one for my son and DDIL and one for a good friend in Sioux Falls.

KJ - congrats on the new grandbaby.

Everyone take care, Sue on WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Am drinking my second cup of tea - and have realized that I haven't had a cup of coffee for more than six weeks now. I have leaned on coffee my whole adult life. After the bariatric surgery 16 years ago now, I was unable to drink plain water without it being changed by something, either coffee or tea, whether cold or hot. Plain water hit my stomach like a brick. I tried at least once a year to see if it was still hurting, and until recently, it was. For whatever reason, I am now able to drink plain water without pain. It tastes so good! I missed it all these years, and am pleased to get it back again. I drink two or three 16-oz glasses every day.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Lisa, I am the inverse of you--I drink only water. No tea or coffee in over ten years.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I drink water with my coffee during my working day.

In other words ... one mug of coffee, one tall glass of cold water in the morning, Same again in the middle of the day. Same again later in the day.

If I'm quite active at lunch, I'll have an additional glass of water.
    If I'm really dragging, I might have an additional cup of coffee.

But that's the end of my coffee for the day.

Once I leave work, I don't drink anymore coffee.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    In Australian Audax cycling, a Petit Year Round Randonneur is awarded when:

One ride of at least 50 km each calendar month (excluding Brevet Raid) for 12 consecutive months. The 12 rides shall have an overall total of at least 600 km.
    This award encourages consistent riding throughout the year. Nine of the 12 rides required must have been completed in Australia.
    Period and Limitation: This award can be claimed once only per riding season in which the last month falls and may not be claimed in the same season as a Year Round Randonneur.

(Unfortunately, as of 2022, the overall total has been upped to 1200 km.)

We embarked on this adventure in January 2021 ... and today, we finished!

What makes this audacious for my husband is that he has a severe brain injury which causes a long list of symptoms including overwhelming fatigue, and difficulties using his leg and right arm/hand.

For me, my fitness level dropped off during the early days caring for him.

So far, 50 km is the longest distance we have cycled since his accident in March 2018.

But we've kept at it this year, and have done one 50 km ride in each of the calendar months in 2021 ... a PYRR. :) And one big goal for 2021 completed!

268ou591x8jb.png
  • Machka9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    And then we came home and napped. I just got up after 3 hours asleep. It's been a long and busy week for me!

M in Oz

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Quick drive by post!
    KJ congrats on the safe arrival of Javier! He is a cutie!
    Machka, congrats on the completion of your PYRR! The farthest I rode last summer was 32 km, not sure if I could have done 18 more on top of that.....
    Lisa, happy to hear that you seem to be feeling better!
    Katla, hoping that you are getting more comfortable with the changes that MFP made to their site! I'm also happy that you had an enjoyable trip to see your family. Sounds like your hubby did okay with all the travel too, that's awesome!
    Allie, sorry to hear that Tom is being a bully again in regards to alimony.
    Heather, I listened to your interview with Sarah Gorrell (finally!). It was very good, and I enjoyed hearing your voice. Glad you had a nice visit with your brother and that you and your SIL were able to come to an agreement in regards to presents. A donation to a person's favorite charity in their name is truly a gift that keeps giving!
    Pip, LOVE the Christmas ornament your realtor gave you! The outside of your home also looks lovely with all the lights, very welcoming.
    I'm sure that there were others that I wanted to mention, but it's getting late and I'm tired. Have to get up early for work again tomorrow. Then our work Christmas party is tomorrow night. We won't be staying late! I think my co-worker and I will try to skip out a few minutes early, the office will be closed at 5, we are supposed to work til 5:15, but if everything is done, I'm hoping the boss will understand if we leave shortly after 5. Dinner is served at 6:30, so optimal arrival time is between 6 and 6:15 and we need to have our vaccination passports checked by hotel staff. Not a big deal, but a little time consuming.
    We had our granddaughter all day Tuesday, I thought it was going to be a bigger challenge than it was, she really was a little sweetie! Went and got our grandson after school, turns out he's the one who gets her all wound up. The plan this coming week is to take them to a playground after we get our grandson, maybe he will burn off some of that pent up energy from being in school all day.... Sure hope so! lol It was nice having them tho, it's truly a different dynamic when their parents aren't around.
    Anyway, must head to bed. Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, on rainy Vancouver Island
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Evie - That isn't the SIL who is wanting presents. My DH'S sister is the awkward one. My bruv and DSIL have donated to breast cancer for me (generously) and I have given to Facing the World for them. They are born again Christians and love giving and supporting good works.
    This is the latest pic my son posted on Instagram with his good friend Gareth. My son has the beard. They are talking about army sweaters. :p

6sm0e8di45m0.jpg

I commented that I liked the 'aura' ! :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Big CONGRATS Machka
    on completing your cycling challenge. It must have required much persistence and dedication.

Heather UK :)
  • Machka9
    edited December 2021
    Options

qcqstlb2mrbd.png

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Just catching up with you all. Still up and down with eating and exercising, will keep trying.
    Going to my DDs for a couple of days, getting the train. Feel a bit apprehensive but think it’s a lack of confidence not worry about Covid. It’s worrying how quickly we can lose our confidence when we haven’t done something for a while. Another minus of getting old. Anyway have booked tickets and will put on my big girl pants. I’ve seen my DD once in 2 years but haven’t seen grandkids at all. They are grown up now but both have health problems so don’t travel too well.

Stay safe
    Kate UK ❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,398 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Kate - safe travels, and hope it's a wonderful visit with your daughter and the grands.

Machka - well done to you and your DH on your PYRR!

Evie - hope the work Christmas party is enjoyable.

Heather
    - Your brother and DSIL look serenely happy, and your son looks great.

Corey's off for a three-day weekend, so my always sketchy sense of day and time is totally discombobulated. He had four vacation days to use or lose, so next weekend will be a three-day as well, and Christmas will be a four-day, which means he'll be off when our daughter and our grands are here. Fingers crossed they'll actually be able to come down--the Thanksgiving visit was canceled because the little ones were sick.

Speaking of which, Levi (who will be two next month) is at home for ten days, as one of the kids in his childcare cohort tested positive for the #RoRovid. It's a complete understatement to say that his mama is not having a good year. Can't wait to hug her neck. Can't wait to see them all! I was pretty much stuck to the couch the last time we saw them, and really looking forward to their visit.

Other than that - small steps are really starting to add up - nearly 6,000 steps yesterday, and seven hours of sleep the last two nights has me feeling pretty spiffy this morning. Hope everyone else is too!

Later, ladies,
    Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR