What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Stationary bike, 16,396 simulated meters, only 49" in Z4, rest Z3 and below, so pretty easy pace.

Some sun salutations before breakfast.

A very few tentative, partial-range-of-motion ab roll-outs with ab roller, going just short of the point where back strain or instability would kick in . . . just to see how it felt.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Hump day, Bump Day!

75 Fwd Jump Rope
    25 Hand Release Pushups
    75 Skier
    50 Crunches

6 x 10
    Waiter Curls
    Rope Exts back to Stack
    Preacher Curls
    Skull Crushers
    Iso Landmine Curls
    Iso Landmine Press (laying down)
    Low Pulley Curls
    Supine Kickbacks (back on floor)
    Incline Bench Curls
    Dbell Close Grip Bench Press
    Banded Curls 3 x 25
    3 x 25 Dips

Twists / Rev Crunches/ Knee Tucks / Leg Tucks/ Supine Bike/ Heel Taps

1335 Total Reps
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Mobility - (15m)

Strength: Lower
    RDL: 3x12r (36r)
    Squat: 3x12r (36r))
    Hip Bridge: 3x12r (36r)
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Did a 4 mile loop. Slowly getting back to running been slacking off after the half in October..
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    4.5 miles in 46 min on the treadmill. So slightly over 10 min per mile @6 mph. Would have gone for 6 miles, but didn’t want to make the boss lady wait for lunch.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    11612 meters unstrapped easy work on the rowing machine.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Cardio Pump

5 min walk 4mph @ 6inc
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    1 minute sprint 4 inc / 11 mph for all
    50 Mtn Climbers
    50 Low Choppers
    20 Renegade Row
    1 Min Sprint
    30 Lateral Box Jumps
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    50 High Choppers
    100 Half Jacks
    1 Min Sprint
    100 Air Squats
    30 Box Jumps
    100 Supine Bike
    1 Min Sprint
    60 Push-ups
    1 Min Sprint
    Stairs Circuit x 2 (every/other/lt/rt/hop)
    80 Sit-ups
    35 KBell Swing
    35 KBell Squat Press
    1 Min Sprint
    20 Devil Press
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    1 Min Sprint
    100 Flutter Kicks
    20 Dbell Snatch
    20 Wipers
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited December 2021
    I failed to climbing on Tuesday, as work was silly. I lifted instead, doing:
    Deadlift, 2 sets of 5 @ 100 kgs, 1 set of 5 @ 110 kgs.
    OHP, 3 sets of 5 @ 35 kgs.

I tested my max reps for unweighted pull-ups. I got 18, I am definitely capable of more (my hand slipped on the last rep, my arms and shoulder felt ready for more.) I'm fairly sure this is a WR, if one defines world record to be done by me in my shed.

I went climbing on Wednesday. It was fun, I was on a sending spree. The one I'm happiest with is a v3/v4 overhang I'd not got before. There is an enticing penultimate hold which is very negative, I couldn't get anything from it at all. I ended up bypassing it, which meant I needed to dyno the last move. Craggy Island (the gym) has stacks of dual texture climbs, normally with a v3/v4 minimum grade. I got one of these for the first time.

It will be my last gym climb of 2021; I want to isolate for a bit before seeing Mum. Omnicron seems a bit prevalent at the moment in the UK.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Trainer session this am. Warm up including a few short assault bike intervals. Repeated bike intervals between rounds of work as well. Focused on swim muscles a bit today. Kneeling TRX extended arm fallouts, seated TRX pull ups, skull crushers while laying on BOSU etc. Finished with some other balance work on bosu, kettlebell deadlifts, etc.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Morning bootcamp - probably badminton today evening.
  • mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Managed to avoid the rain and was able to get in a 5 mile jog before lunch. 10’31”MI pace..
  • AnnPT77
    Stationary bike again, 16,347 meters, plus the pre-breakfast sun salutations, standing twists, hip mobility exercises and roll-outs like I've been doing recently.

Bike a little bit shorter time, so slipped into Z4 for about 30% of the time, around 9' of that 150bpm (which is roughly 75% reserve) and above.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Had unintended exercise yesterday... went to the grocery store before work, got everything needed (and some things not), loaded the 6-7 bags of groceries into the car, turned the key and nothing happened... deader than a nail. Walked across the parking lot to the Autozone and the manager brought his jump-start device over to the car to try and start it... nothing (drained his device!)... 'probably the alternator' he says... dammit! Carried the groceries home (an exciting opportunity for 1.5 mile farmer's carry!), arranged for a tow truck, attended 2 meetings for work, walked back to the grocery store to meet the tow truck and then spent the rest of the day at the repair shop waiting on the car (not the alternator - the started had shorted out and took the battery with it). Oh, and got bored while waiting so I took a 40 minute walk around the area near the shop. Ended the day with just shy of 15,000 steps.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2021
    Did rowing interval today. Wanted to get in meters for the Holiday Challenge, but also wanted to do some harder work. Programmed in 5 intervals of 2K and 5 1K recoveries. Made it though only four hard and five easy intervals. 13K some meters.

Did burn around 1000 calories for the 70 minute workout.
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Super slow 30 min. zone 3 elliptical workout yesterday. I was tired, but I did it. Resting today. So far, so good. After a couple of weeks of alternating rest and workout days, I have not re-injured myself. Slow and steady....
  • AnnPT77
    Rowing machine, 8,249 meters. Stayed in Z3, but just barely, despite experimenting in the last 1k piece with whether I could hold a split similar to those I'd targeted on the 2ks to stay Z3 (2:35-2:36), but do it at 16spm. Yes: 2:33.6, at 16.

I could do that for the whole set, but it wouldn't stay Z3, because more HR creep. Also, for the moment, I'm intentionally avoiding both types of fatigue, CV and muscular, because it's time for base work. Low spm at same splits are more muscle-fatiguing, so kind of dumb of me ATM. But sometimes I do dumb things for the entertainment value, I guess? 🤷‍♀️

FWIW, Concept 2 says today's overall pace, 2:35, at my DF, would've been good for 622 calories per hour . .. . if I weighed 175 pounds, the default weight. I don't, so their estimate for actual me would be 536 calories per hour. I didn't go for an hour, just 36:11.1 (ignoring row in/out and CD), so that'd be worth 323 calories for me, according to them. Garmin estimates 277 calories, but that includes the row in/out and CD, so that's for a total of 45:19 of activity. (Am I surprised they disagree? NopeNopeNope.)

It was an OK workout, but no matter how I look at, I earned maybe one slice of hearty bread, with a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter on it, or thereabouts. In both cases, I suspect that's probably gross calories rather than net. Good thing I mostly like doing this for other reasons, eh? 🤣
  • AnnPT77
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Super slow 30 min. zone 3 elliptical workout yesterday. I was tired, but I did it. Resting today. So far, so good. After a couple of weeks of alternating rest and workout days, I have not re-injured myself. Slow and steady....

That's excellent, @dralicephd! Balancing that line between enough to be challenging - with a temptation to push that too hard - vs. the right amount to be injury avoiding, make steadier progress by skipping post-injury time off - that's hard, psychologically, and requires good self-monitoring. Nice work!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Day 5 of EPIC II - full body workout. Kind of impressive that my heat rate got up to 128 with this workout since I don't typically go that high even on the treadmill.