December 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,960 Member
    Options
    You are doing great and so speedy @SummerSkier !

@skippygirlsmom I wasn't sure if I should hug or like your post, so I liked it. At least you seem to have a good sense of humor about it all.

@martaindale Nice running and yeah for the couch getting there before Christmas!

@shanaber I would hate to see what my sleep rating would be. Can it be negative? :wink: Way to get the run in when you weren't feeling it.

@katharmonic Nice running. I have been to a movie tavern before. I loved it too. Almost feels like you're at home in a nice comfy chair.

@rheddmobile I hope your DH feels better soon. I applaud you for not taking one negative test as the gospel. There are so many false negatives out there. Glad you were able to go for a run...and great pace too. I have heard that Memphis is a dangerous city. I didn't realize it was that bad. Glad you stayed close to DH.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic That style of movie theater is my favorite way to see a movie and the way most theaters are set up around here now. Well over 20 years ago we had the original (or maybe one of the original) movie tavern, Alamo Drafthouse in Austin. It expanded its footprint across southern Texas and really had an impact on the way movie theaters operated in this area. Cocktails, decent food and a zero tolerance phone policy. In fact, one of their advertisements used to be voicemail complaints from people who got kicked out for having their phones out during the movie! Right before the movie there was a warning to “keep your phone dark, silent, and out of sight”. They also had dedicated kid times for movies. And special movie karaoke nights. It was amazing. Nowadays, I don’t live near an Alamo, but we have other options that are similar. None are as strict about the phones, and I do miss that.

@rheddmobile I have seen you mention your neighborhood being unsafe before but I didn’t realize Memphis as a whole was that bad. I’m glad your husband also runs so you can get outside and feel safe. I saw your run on strava with all the side street out and backs and thought, that looks like a painful way to do a neighborhood run! Now hearing what was going on, it makes more sense. Hope your husband feels better and you avoid catching the bug.

@shanaber Yes! New motto!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I have seen you mention your neighborhood being unsafe before but I didn’t realize Memphis as a whole was that bad. I’m glad your husband also runs so you can get outside and feel safe. I saw your run on strava with all the side street out and backs and thought, that looks like a painful way to do a neighborhood run! Now hearing what was going on, it makes more sense. Hope your husband feels better and you avoid catching the bug.

I was thinking ALL of these thoughts for @rheddmobile! :'(

@martaindale great job on your HM paced run! Time to enjoy that new couch!