200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support, hugs, and well wishes. I don't really have the heart to sit and read all the posts right now. I did put my furry baby down this morning. Almost 14 great years, she was honestly the best dog I ever could have asked for. God, I miss her already. :frown:

Weigh in at 216 today. No change, but I'm ok with that for now.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Lacey - It's suggested that NO ONE go outside in the heat here... although the thing is that it's always so hot here that "Heat" isn't really official until it's over 100... it's so normal to get that hot... we're expecting it to hit over 120 in my town this summer :noway:

Nava - Happy belated birthday girlie!

Rikki - Way to GO on that loss there lady!! So proud of you for sticking with it and not giving up!

Hailie - I've actually never tried Zumba... but i like the idea of it :tongue: I like to think that if i can start being less uncoordinated, then i'll be able to feel better about myself... you know, more graceful and sexy.

Jessi - BAHAHA you have your very own LOLcat!!

Kendal - WOOHOO for the drop!

Bobbie - Red or white? I'm there! hahaha! Gorgeous piccie!

Crystal - {{{{BIG HUGS}}}} So sorry lovey!! Thinking of you!

Well, i ended up going for TWO long walks yesterday (one with Teags and the other with the Other Half). I'm exhausted today. We were thinking of taking the pupdogs to a beach about 45 mins away where there aren't any rocks (ours is a very rocky beach!), but it's looking pretty windy... maybe we'll do that tomorrow.
    Not really much more to report here... I've decided i'm going to study again next year... maybe short courses to increase my employabilityin nursing, or else, if i can do it externally, A diploma of animal science would be nice!!

We'll see!
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I only have a minute, but wanted to letcha know I'm still here. Every 6 months in Portland there is a HUGE consignment sale that I work. I volunteer hours so I can get in early on the Pre-sale day -- today. It is an epic sale. I just got home (4:30 p.m.) and I got in at 9 a.m.. I got all Fall/Winter clothes for Wiggle and Twinkle, both birthdays covered with toys and both Christmas' handled for.............$247. Yep. Twinkle will be wearing mostly Gymboree and Wiggle will be rockin' Nike and Levi's.

Now for my nap. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Oh, and I don't want to get on the scale at ALL! I have eaten NOTHING for the past two days except salt. So, i am going to gulp water all weekend and weigh on Monday. :)
  • pancakesmajor
    pancakesmajor Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's Aloha Friday, no work til Monday! Doo be doo, doo doo be, doo be doo be doo be doo!

Well it's Friday and I didn't have a chance to sit down and catch up til today. I've been doing pretty good about staying under my calories (you wouldn't know it from MFP though... I complete my entry at the end of the day but it doesn't give me my automatic "pancakes has been under her calorie goal" message because it thinks it's tomorrow). Aaah the drawbacks of living in Hawai'i and being 6 hours behind the East Coast. Poor me hehe.

We killed our kickball competition on Monday and stay undefeated, even though we're in a tougher division this year. Burned enough calories so that even with half a pitcher of Longboard after the game, I still came in under goal, yay!

Tuesday through Thursday I failed at working out.

Tuesday I literally had no time between finishing the rest of my homework and class (maybe I shouldn't have stayed out Monday drinking beer duh).

Wednesday I had work, the repairman (who didn't show!), and a two hour committee meeting at Macaroni Grill which was really exciting, because I get to take on The Bella Project for this year, a non-profit that helps underprivileged high school girls get access to donated dresses and accessories for prom. The founder moved to the mainland this year so arranged for the Junior League to take it over. It's going to be a huuuuge amount of work on my already busy plate, but I have a lot of love for this project and am really excited. I did have big plans for working out after Mac Grill (dude, look at the nutrition info from the website, your jaw will drop), but got into a fight with the hubbs and took forever to resolve it. On the plus, I DID receive pink "I'm sorry for being a dumb jerk" roses <3 the next afternoon.

Thursday I left work early because I didn't feel too hot, skipped volunteering and took some cold meds and a 4 hour nap. Felt a lil better and my hubbs and I went to meet some friends at Red Lobster. Stayed under my calorie count even WITH a delicious cheddar biscuit, although I had to sub out my baked potato for broccoli in order to do it.

Still feel a little bit off today, but going to study for class tomorrow and do some Turbo Sculpt . Not going to volunteer and risk giving the kids whatever I've got. I wanted to try the hip hop hustle class at my gym because it's only offered on Fridays, but again I don't want to spread my germs, so I'll try next week. We have dinner plans at one of my fav restaurants apartment 3 tonight, so I will get a second workout in later today, probably a hula or tahitian dance DVD.

Tomorrow I have class ALL DAY and then cocktails after, so I think I'm going to stick to one drink so that I can still do my Turbo Jam haha. Sunday football starts at 7am for us in Hawai'i, so we'll head over to Buffalo Wild Wings at 6am to get a table. I'm not going to stay long though because I want to make my 10am Zumba class and then I'm going horseback riding around noon with my friend. Then lots of homework. I'll weigh in on Sunday night/Monday morning.

And now my indiv replies:

Kendal - Thanks for the feet tips – now I know I really need to get that checked out. So funny that you beat your bro anyway. Egg Toast is amazing! My hubbs used to make me breakfast croissant sandwiches… SOOO BAD. But just one egg and toast? Sooo good! Congrats on your loss!

Lacey – Have an amazing time on your trip and thanks also for the p90x encouragement. Maybe I’ll try it again when my husband starts and do the sub like you said.

Victoria – I’m glad you enjoyed Hawai’i. I’ve been here 5 years now and don’t want to live anywhere else! Good luck at the race – and good luck GETTING there heehee that sounds like an adventure in itself! Great job on your Wednesday/Thursday burn and also keeping up on your logging! I’ve had a really hard time with it, especially at the beginning, but am getting the hang of it now. Thank goodness for the barcode scanner though haha.

Katheryne – way to go on avoiding the work cookies. I swear my work is out to get me with all the sweets. Also – your story about moving to Alaska and losing all that weight was great! And you weren’t even trying!

Hosanna – congrats on your upcoming wedding – that is so exciting! Keeping fingers crossed for your new career change.

Ashleigh – Welcome! I too struggled when I was “skinnier” – if only I’d known what I know now – we were beautiful the whole time!

Crystal – Nice to meet you! I dislike the cold too. I hope you and your baby feel better soon, and I am SO sorry to hear about your puppy. That was a hard decision, I feel for you, but at least she isn’t hurting anymore. I noticed your Feb goal has to do with a cruise… where are you heading?

Kristine – I totally never thought I’d be a calorie counter either, but wow the stuff out there… all I have to say is thank goodness for MFP. It has completely changed my outlook on eating at restaurants.

Kristina – That’s awesome that you still got your walk/jog on even though you were late. What kind of a dog is Emma? Have fun on your date tonight!

Megan – I’m so glad there’s somebody on here with some of my vices too (liquor and beer!). Hardly anyone talks about alcohol on MFP but it’s kind of a big part of networking and business culture. My husband and I have both cut down to 3 nights a week. It was tough saying no to all the invitations at first, but now that I’m showing improvement on the scale it definitely proves that alcohol is a big barrier to my weight loss. HRMs –I've been using a Sportline Heart Rate Monitor (with Chest Strap) (model Duo 1010) that I bought from Walmart for around $50-$60, although I'm looking at online prices and it looks more like $69 now. It's been great for me. I think it's best to use a monitor with a chest strap because that will continuously measure your heart rate and provide the best estimate for your burn. If you only get a wrist one, you constantly have to take time out to measure the changes and if you're doing something that intervals a lot, you know your heart rate changes from each exercise segment. I only wear this during exercises, and I do burn around 650-700 for an hour of TurboJam or Zumba, so I’m sure Step Aerobics is about the same. I think that as we become more and more fit, we won’t burn off as much, but right now 700 is a believable number – take it! If you can bring yourself to spend a little more, my mom totally loves her BodyBugg and has already lost around 40 pounds with it (she has struggled with her weight for over a decade now and this has been the best thing). You have to wear it all day though, which doesn't work with my lifestyle (I think I would be too embarrassed to show up to all my hoity toity events wearing one - darn skinny snobby girls!) Although I don't go out as frequently as I used to... oh well. Anyway I highly recommend it as long as you can get over that part - it's done so much for my mom.

Kiki – I’ve been in that weight range for over a year now too. Hoping this group of lovely ladies can keep me inspired and working into ONEderland.

Amy – Great job on logging all your burns! Congrats on the loss woohoo! I am so excited for your Um dress – that was the best dress of the whole movie!

Jessi – Your job sounds like so much fun! And congrats on your jeans!  I’m glad that you’re still positive and back up on that horse even after missing a day – that’s where I get discouraged and have quit in the past. Thanks for being inspiring  Your poor kitty, on the other hand… I agree, I want to see pictures! I also think that pretend jump rope is as good, or better than real jump rope (because you’re moving just as hard AND you can’t trip!)

Hailie – Biiiiiiig huuuuuuggs!!!!! You can’t disappear because I haven’t gotten to know you yet!!! Chin up buttercup, I promise it will get better soon, whatever it is. Can’t wait to hear the naked crazy lady story!

Regina – Welcome and good luck at your parties this weekend!

JeanAnn and Lotusthrone– Welcome!

Una – Congrats! I feel ya on the beer!

Rikki – WOW CONGRATS! You’re so close to your goal already!!!

Apryl – yay congrats!

Heather – Welcome!

Okay WOW I think I’m all caught up. I’ll try to touch base again Sunday night, if I can’t then definitely Monday.
    Take care and have a great weekend everyone!!!
  • hkallembach
    Options
    It is 6:50ish p.m. and I work until 8:30 p.m....how many people are in the pool? Zeeerrrrooooo! Sweet.
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    As of today, I weigh 105.2. Since I'm not focusing on weight, I ran/walked a total of 1.75 miles today so yay for that! Hopefully I can bring up the mileage so I won't have to run on sunday lol :)
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    For all the jump rope answers: Hooray! :D I work with my coworker tonight, but I don't think he'd even notice. :P Honestly, I think jumping without a rope is safer for me, I tend to be a bit clumsy. :)

Crystal - So very sorry for your loss. :( -hugs-

Hosanna - I want your beach! I'm sooo landlocked it's not even funny.

Sarah - Awesome savings!!!

Tasha - What is Mac Grill? I kinda live in the middle of nowhere in Montana, so we have no chains that aren't like 5 fast food restaurants. It never occurred to me that football would start THAT early there, and I've got a friend in Honolulu. Geeesh! My job is pretty awesome, actually - I have a superflexible schedule, get paid to mostly sit here and knit and do whatever I want, and most of my coworkers don't suck! :D

I'm working my 2nd 13+-hour shift in a row, but honestly it's not as terrible as it sounds. I get to do whatever I want, mostly, as long as I press 2 buttons when we need to go to break during games. Oh, and I get to choose our halftime music tonight because it's homecoming, so I'm not forced to listen to Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga. Thank. God. :P
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Jessie - try marching in place, side steps, kick backs for added cal burn

Crystal - so sorry about the dog.

Tasha - I used to log all the time but got lazy. I just noticed the barcode scanner (*blushes*) when did it show up? I haven't tried it yet.

Kristina - Thx for reporting in... Hope the dog park went well - did Emma have fun?

We should arrive at the first hotel in a half hour.
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weighing in at.... 232.4 lbs

I LOST!

I think a good chunk is water wight since I'm just re-starting the watchful eating!
  • crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tasha - thanks and nice to meet you as well. I am really excited for my cruise, and I don't even know where I'm going yet! Lol. My mom told me a few months ago that she wanted to take me, my daughter, and my brother on a cruise in February. Since she mentioned this, February has been my goal. I know we'll be headed somewhere tropical. Personally I'm hoping for something like the Bahamas - although come February, I'll be happy with anything warm! :laugh:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    pancakesmajor- Emma is a pit/jack russell/beagle mix, and, I may be biased, but think she's the cutest thing ever.

Dog park date went fine. We're going to do lunch tomorrow. We didn't talk all that much at the park, mostly cause I was running around keeping tabs on Emma and he wasn't attached to my hip, which I'm fine with. I think he liked just playing with all the other dogs. We'll see how lunch goes tomorrow.

Check in for the day: 1535 eaten / 334 exercise calories/ 1 over. SO CLOSE!

I'll weigh in and bite the bullet this weekend... Monday at the latest. Need to face the scale.

ETA: this is also for me to have a placecard as how far I got with updating my chart with people's weights. This challenge currently? 45 people! *keels over*
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Kristina- Hope you have a good lunch with the guy tomorrow. I'm sorry we have so many people that you have to keep up with. Is it bad of me to kinda wish that we would close the group to new members till it gets a little more manageable?

Crystal- :frown: :sad: I'm so sorry about your dog. There's nothing worse than having to put a pet down. It also severely sucks about you and the little lady being sick at the same time!!

Tomorrow will be a rough day to stay on track. Mr. Reunion and his girls are coming over. I think we're going roller skating again, which is great. But then we are coming back here to bake, which was totally my idea. I blame it on pinterest.com, everyone posts pictures of awesome and creative cupcakes and cookies and it makes me want to do it. Sugar cookies and cupcakes are on deck for tomorrow. Lots of icing, m&ms, 2 containers of multi kinds of sprinkles, candy eyes, food coloring, food writing gel stuff....and most importantly, cupcake boxes so the girls can take their decorated cupcakes home with them. :smile: Do you think I should go to the gym in the morning before we go roller skating? (I'm pretty sure skating will be around 1pm)
  • ReginaB13
    ReginaB13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ooooh roller skating and baking parties! I like your life :)
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I just want to throw something out there - I AM MARRYING THE MOST AMAZING GUY EVER!!!!

He is taking me to the HARRY POTTER EXHIBITION in Sydney during our Honeymoon!!!!!!!!

*Major Harry Potter Nerd Happy Dance*
  • silver02bullet
    silver02bullet Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Christina- good luck! You never know! ;-)
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    pancakesmajor- Emma is a pit/jack russell/beagle mix, and, I may be biased, but think she's the cutest thing

sounds like an interesting mix. Do you have photos? We have two jack russels. Im afraid *they* are the cute things ever. . ;-)
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Kristina - I'm keeling over with you. 45 really? No wonder I don't feel guilty trying to respond to everyone. Do what you need to to be sane. (((((hugs)))) I hope the lunch date goes well. Bryan and I were friends for 2 years before we decided to date. A good friendship with the same goals / philosophy on life can make for lasting relationships.

Kendal - I love your evil streak. The ex will hate you sending snacks to her home bit I love it (she will be more upset when the girls can't stop talking about what a great time you had ;) yes, go to gym... You're on a role and this may cause you to break through the barrier and get under 210 this week!!!

Hosanna - what fun!! He really loves you. Will he play along and dress up like HP for sone low impact aerobics?

Being 40+ sucks, I can't remember any more. I miss my computer. Thinking of you all. Now it's time to get up, shower and catch the ferry.
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just a quicky - very excited - ran 5K, did 30DS and walked dog for an hour - now off for long soak in bath.

Krisitina: not sure if we can help but let us know?? Enjoy lunch

Crystal: big hugs and kisses coming your way.

Victoria: glad you arrived safely - hope run goes really well. (oh and I agree with brain and being over 40 - it's a nightmare!!)

Kendal: have a fab weekend.

Sarah: yeah for being soing organised and buying outfits for w'n't

Tha's all I got. Have a great Saturday. Weigh day for me tomorrow......
  • pinbotchick
    Options
    Check-in for Fri 1928 burned, 1880 consumed, and no ex. Work plus 4 hours in car = no ex. We made it to the ferry. Yeah!!!

WTG with the ex yesterday Annette!!!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    HOLY COW, I went away to a B&B with no internet and come back to 5 pages worth of posts that I missed? I've got internet now but I'm still "on vacation" so there's no hope for me catching up soon...yikes!

About that not having internet thing -- I liked it, but I couldn't get on MFP on my phone yesterday either which means that I missed a day, so that means that it won't be saying "Treehugginpam has logged in for 75 days in a row" tomorrow. Oh no, now I'm starting from square one again! Boo! Speaking of square one, my mini vacation has meant that my eating has been....well, I haven't been logging. Ugh.

Anyway, just a quick post to let Kristina know that I won't be able to weigh in until Monday, but I'll post that day as soon as I can.

Also, hi Katie!

And have fun, Lacey! Post pictures! :smile:

So much more to catch up on but no time....be back as soon as I can!

p.s. I did wear that Ideeli dress to the wedding last night, and people loved it!