Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Lana - that's pretty cool. I have the app. I'll see if I can find it there -as I"m logged into my work PC right now. Thanks.

Doing okay here. Felt good after making better choices yesterday. I have food planned for today and a Dentist appointment at 3pm that will keep my mouth out of the cookie jar. Maybe I can tell them my weight loss plan is a dentis appointment daily for a while. HAHAHAHAHA But seriously - scheduling stuff for 2:30 - 4pm is helpful for me .... it gives me a distraction.

Why not just bring a salad? but yes, your plan is fine. However - If I was planning on eating something at the potluck, I would bring something that fits into my food plan and that I like. I've done that with family get together, I'll bring a dish that gives me meat and veggies .... like a quinoa, veggie hotdish with some veggies in it. That helps me so I don't just "take" stuff that I know I shouldn't be eating.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    thfz2vxbxr1d.png

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon, just

Wanted to celebrate 750 pages. Missy usually finds better examples but hey more the merrier.

Lana glad you are going to walk. I went shopping this morning - rain rain an snow in mountains is stopping the freight trucks with food supplies - I wonder if your sister is having same issue? Great for our drought ...... I am making "breakfast sandwiches" to have when I only want a small dinner and yes more frozen dinners for lunch. Got a large bag of spinach and kale to boil down as I have a craving.

Nap is on the way. I did not have my step counter on, but I did pretty well at the store.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

OMG!! We are at 750 pages! That is so cool! Yay us - we are still alive and kicking!

Well the get-together went well, and it was nice. I ended up getting some fruit and cheese and salami and crackers, and it was a good intro for the rather elaborate lunch my hosts made. As it turned out, it was just the three of us, which was perfect. I had a tiny bit of everything there, and did well.

Sara - I will be napping on the lounge chair next to yours. Sherry - we are over here in the corner 🌺

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ko9ladtnzdjn.jpeg
    *** December 30 ***

Good morning all~~

It's overcast and dreary here. Bummer. So, just getting us started.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Have tomorrow off so you know I will be sleeping. Of course the neighbors will wake me at midnight so I will probably be awake for awhile.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    udrfkd4cv0bd.jpeg
    *** December 31 ***

Good morning all~~

Well, I am ready to see the new year. January 1st is the primo time of the year for people to spark their motivation to turn over a new leaf, and I am right there with them.

Sara, get out your guns and celebrate with your neighbors tonight! 🀣

Waves to everyone who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

262.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Holidays are messing with me time wise, I thought last night was NY eve. Work week schedule with a holiday on Saturday has me lost.

Had French Bread pizza- put in toaster for 20 minutes and used the time to clean up messy areas and got some good exercise in.

Will cook down spinach for dinner and who knows what else.

Went on walk with neighbor and will do again later this afternoon, so getting steps in, we have sun which because of my schedule have not seen in over a week so got some sunbathing in as well.

Trying slowly to create better habits.

Wishing all al great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I was off work Thur afternoon and friday. Of course sat/sun as well.
    Getting my daily workouts in. Back/BIceps and Legs done. Tomorrow, perhaps kickboxing and some Yoga.

Monday starts a new workout series with Tony Horton. Kinda excited to have something different to do and, with that I am going to be following the suggested meal plan.

I keep telling myself "Its all mindset" You just have to tell your mindset that this is how its going to be!

I'm also working with my dr. to get my thyroid meds increased. She is allowing me to go up 3x a week to 75mcg and the other 4 days at 50mcg. I'd love to try a Armor thyroid, she doesn't think thats needed. I'm not rich enough to be able to doctor hop like some would so....I'll do as she says.

My New Years goal is to try to get my habits more healthy for my thyroid. I"m pretty sure my recent weight gain is in line with my thyroid, because when my thyroid was in a better range, I was 8# lighter. and now...its just been super hard to maintain 8# heavier. SO - I'm attempting Gluten free and Dairy free and, with gods blessings hopefully sugar free (not fruit but the other sugars).

Its a matter of mindset. Look at the glass half full instead of half empty. Drawing a line in the sand.
    and I'll keep repeatign to myself. Its mindset. Its mindset.

Steps were high today, cleanign and walking a ton.
    Have a great new Years day , I doubt I'll check in on 1/1/22

Happy New year Yall.
    Sherry
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    kru4hfwqtiij.png

Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year!

And yippee on 750 pages!!!
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    Options
    u0y9y9tjqj0v.jpeg

*** Saturday Jan 1 ***

Good morning Y'all~~

This year is going to be a good year for me. I am putting the past six years behind me, and I'm looking forward, not backwards. Sherry - it is a person's mindset that makes it happen!

Big hugs to all~~

Lana

262.8 today
    271.2 highest
    240s spring goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Cabana Crew!

Today's menu is:

Fried Hog Jowl
    Field peas with snaps
    Mixed greens
    Fried cabbage with bacon
    Fresh yellow cornbread

May not be the healthiest, but sure is the happiest meal of the year!

By the way, if anyone finds themselves in Charlottesville, Virginia, go to Citizen Burger at the walking mall downtown. Order the "Devil Went Down to C'ville". Best drink I have ever had in my entire life! Then get a burger--any burger. You will not be disappointed.

Travelling for my job is hard, physical, work. We literally unpack boxes, move heavy crates around, "build" booths, move tables, unload and set up heavy equipment, The shining moments will always be the food experiences I get to have with friends and colleagues. My direct boss when we travel has some of the same disorders I have. We ordered one appetizer and one dish to share at each new experience. Our first trip was stellar!

Wishing everyone a safe, happy, healthy New Year!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lana glad you are looking forward - one foot in front of the other. Small changes.

Tracy - glad you physical work at your job is rewarded with good food.

First walk is done for today and the sun is out. I am craving healthier foods and will listen.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ri41e2gm2j1c.png
    *** January 2nd ***

Good morning Ladies!

Tracy - Your work, when you go out of town, is really active, and that is great! No need to look to get in activity on your trips πŸ‘πŸ»
    I've never been to Charlottesville, but I have a pipe dream about going there someday, as there is a slightly-famous horse rescue farm there. I figure if I ever make a sizable donation, I would take it in person. 😁

Sara - I am with you on the craving healthier foods! Also, I do not seem to mind cooking during this time of year--it's comforting and warms up the house.

Waving to Missy and Sherry and anyone else who stops by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

263.8 today, oops, too much salt
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

So, this morning I received another email reminding me that the 14-day Simple Start Challenge from My Fitness Pal starts tomorrow. I am slightly irritated that I cannot find a whiff of it here on the website. Even if the challenge is only available on a person's phone, via the MFP app, why wouldn't they promote it on their full website? It is free; MFP premium is not necessary. I don't have premium.

Here is a graphic from the email. The challenge sounds interesting, as it highlights fiber, water, and salt.

drsr2osvow98.png

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    Options
    9gswzfvmak3p.jpeg
    *** January 3 ***

Hey Y'all~~

What a storm last night/this morning..... The flood alerts woke me up. Ugh.

*tossing beach bag with murder mystery onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

262.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2022
    Options
    its first day of new year insurance enrollment - peep - find me on the couch at the cabana club -- I am the one snoring
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Hi all quick check in. First day back to work after 10 days off was interesting. Not as bad as expected but we have a person out who is sick so makes it for a busy yet productive day. Hope everyone had a Happy New Years!

CW 226.8
    GW 110-120
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2022
    Options
    0s8yiiqeg7n4.jpeg
    *** January 4th ***

Sara and Missy - take care of yourselves with this busy work week that you both have!

Waving to Tracy and Sherry and anyone who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

QOTD: What are this week's vegetables and fruits?

Lana

262.4 today
  • EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    0s8yiiqeg7n4.jpeg
    *** January 4th ***

Sara and Missy - take care of yourselves with this busy work week that you both have!

Waving to Tracy and Sherry and anyone who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

QOTD: What are this week's vegetables and fruits?

Lana

262.4 today

Hi there! Serial starter here, back at it after a long hiatus.

Veggies this week are truffle and black garlic roasted broccoli and cauliflower, fresh yellow pear tomatoes from the garden (I live in Florida) with cucumbers and balsamic, steamed green beans, and red beans over brown rice. (I know they’re technically a legume, but close enough.)

Fruits are fresh kiwi, strawberries, and blueberries. There might be a frozen banana and some canned pumpkin in a protein shake later this week as well.