Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning, one more day until back to work. Not much planned, so napping is a definite possibility.

Window open for first day in long time, but temps will get hot again by end of week. It is July after all.

Dog is up and fed and will curl up with her for some more zzz.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

How cool (pun intended) that you can have your windows open. Enjoy your Sunday--a nap is in store for you!

Today is another nice sunny day here in "the southern part of heaven", as they call it. I feel droopy though, so I don't know if I will do a walk this morning or default to pool exercise in the back yard.

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- pool sounds great!

Summer has found us as well... still having random rainy days, which is not normal for July (although, July 4th is known for extreme heat or rain.. rained this year)

Sara- hope you hear something about a job, soon.... good thoughts to you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    4732 total steps

took nice long nap with Miss T.

oops, I had a 4 day weekend and forgot to pick up my meds :o so tomorrow after work I go. I am not out luckily.

Idiot neighbors still shooting off fireworks. This is just too much stupidity.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- fireworks seem never ending here... not only do we have individuals still doing it, a few of the Lake bars doing fireworks every weekend thru the summer... ugh...I love watching, hate all the noise... and, it scares my pups...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight up, spent more time sleeping this weekend than drinking water... so maybe? It will be hotter next weekend so must drink more water anyway.

What is everyone doing to keep healthy this week?

Dog is up and fed. Windows open and fans on.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Back from a week of camping with my family. had a great time! All my kids were there alongs with brothers and sisters. Not enough hours in a day to do all the visiting :smile: Exhausted today. hard to be back at work.
    So far fireworks do not seem to bother my doggo, which is a good thing because she is trained to be a hunting dog. She hears the fireworks and gets excited to look for a duck! LOL
    Sara - you question is a good one! I am challenging myself to think of a goal other than just my norm - walk more, eat less. I will have to answer once I come up with a good challenge for myself!
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Ladies!

My friend James is vacationing down in Rio, and he has found us a new Cabana Boy candidate named Jordan.

Sara will, as usual, conduct the grueling interview and tests. 😁

Here is his photo:

0xq8d8v92lbx.jpeg

What do you think? His English needs a little work, but that's OK, right? I'm happy to listen to some Portuguese. Besides, Leandro can help him settle in, if he is approved.

Lana

249.0 OMG
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    I APPROVE :wink:
    Well...a week of camping did me in. Too much alcohol - which of course leads to too much food LOL.
    So to the answer for Sara - I think the healthiest thing for me is to get back on track and NOT let this deter my goals.
    CW - 188 (up 5 wow!)
    HW - 209
    GW 170

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I vote yes on Jordan if he meets the strict criteria set by Lana and Sara. <3

Happy to report that I have returned to my previous low weight of 152.2--back where I was before my 10-day slip. Goal now is to reach 145 by August 9th. Seven pounds/four weeks. I will have to step it up (probably literally), but I WILL do it.

We can do this! Weigh your choices and your food. LOL!

HW 222
    CW 152.2
    GW 145 by August 9th
    UGW 100 eventually
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Lana -do not let that man go!!!! Ask him if he does house work or if nothing else foot massage.......

You have a great friend in James. Wow, what a game changer today.

Hire that man - we can always draw pictures.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    8492 total steps

Will be snoring with dog soon.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning All -
    - I vote YES for Jordan!!! Keep him speaking Portuguese... at least you can't tell if he's talking back.
    - Lynn, welcome back! That sounds like such a fun trip. You will be back on track in no time.
    - Tracy - Whoo-whoo! great job reigning it back in. I need some of your will-power!

I started back with the Women's walk-run group last night and it was not a pretty picture. I made it and that was about as much as I can say. I have to get my stamina back.
    Up early this morning. 3:30 here but I have three products in two hospitals going live today, one of my guys having surgery this morning and some other projects simmering on the other burners. Couldn't go back to sleep!!

I haven't posted pictures of the shop in quite a while, so here are a few... Loving the pine chest. Think this one is pre-1860's because the dovetails are all hand cut and the knobs are hand turned with wooden button-backs.

k0u2nu2q8v0x.jpg

English Whiteways Cider 2 gallon jug and ginger-beer bottles.

tjer5dw3t0j8.jpg

Yellow-ware bowls could become an obsession.

btp5dwyeioe4.jpg

Great day all!!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Suzu, boy you are up early! Your dresser also has locks on the drawers - something no longer done. Where do you find these things?

New MP3 player working well. Barely spoke to anyone yesterday and Sup is leaving me alone. Should have done this sooner!! >:) Spoke with lady in other department and she said to watch for an email for an interview. This job would take a paycut but it is still benefited, gets me away from the toxic group. and gives me the time to go after State job. Still have to do well in interview. May need Jordan to come sit next to me and be distracting in interview???

Lynn - look at the whole picture, your gain is small compared to your total loss so far. You had a great time with your family.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking......
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi everybody~~

Yesterday was a disaster. I must do better today.

Suzu - the shop is looking good. Those are some very nice pieces you have.
    As for the women's walk/run, kudos to you for starting back at it. You'll have your stamina back soon.

Sara - I hope all good things on the work front. Do you have any guess at when the interview will be? Are we talking this week? Next week?

Tracy - How wonderful that you have wrangled yourself back to where you wanted to be. Sending good vibes for making your goal for August!

Lynn - Please grab my hand and pull me along. I have been doing a little bit too much partying for the past several weeks, and I need to get healthy and sensible. You've got a wedding next month?

I'm glad to hear that Jordan met with approval. I'm sure he will sail through the tests. LOL!

Waving to Dawn and Missy and Tess and Kathryn and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and Meghan and Runa and Eryn and anyone else who wanders onto our little beach.

Lana

248.4 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Good morning!
    Suzu - I sure love your style! Every piece would look great in my house :wink:
    Sara - glad the MP3 is working well. Just don't forget - you MUST do some bragging at interviews. Typically women are not very good about talking positively about themselves. Don't be afraid to sell yourself :smile:
    and yes - big picture. I hear you. the family time was totally worth it!
    Lana - yes my oldest daughter is getting married on 8/3! Then my 2nd daughter on 3/14/20!!!! I will grab your hand and pull you along!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - still waiting for email I am supposed to get this week, do not know anything more.

Lynn - the reminder to sell myself is not lost on me. This job plays to my strength and I will make sure to stress it.

Suzu - I would make you a personal shopper for me and sign over my paycheck. Sad I live too far away.

at work, ears in but cant hear vultures.

bbl.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    suzu_2 wrote: »
    Morning All -
    - I vote YES for Jordan!!! Keep him speaking Portuguese... at least you can't tell if he's talking back.
    - Lynn, welcome back! That sounds like such a fun trip. You will be back on track in no time.
    - Tracy - Whoo-whoo! great job reigning it back in. I need some of your will-power!

I started back with the Women's walk-run group last night and it was not a pretty picture. I made it and that was about as much as I can say. I have to get my stamina back.
    Up early this morning. 3:30 here but I have three products in two hospitals going live today, one of my guys having surgery this morning and some other projects simmering on the other burners. Couldn't go back to sleep!!

I haven't posted pictures of the shop in quite a while, so here are a few... Loving the pine chest. Think this one is pre-1860's because the dovetails are all hand cut and the knobs are hand turned with wooden button-backs.

k0u2nu2q8v0x.jpg

English Whiteways Cider 2 gallon jug and ginger-beer bottles.

tjer5dw3t0j8.jpg

Yellow-ware bowls could become an obsession.

btp5dwyeioe4.jpg

Great day all!!

Love goodies in shop! Did you redo chest?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lynn- holding out hand for you to drag me along as well :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    hd81o7gmpoba.png
    this may be a repeat but what a cutie
    i5cpyk2hxc7h.png
    I am falling asleep, time for bad coffee.