Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    77xbow9noj5k.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lynn has officially run out of hands - any suggestions?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    10300 total steps

got resume done - phew.

Cousin called our Aunt died recently and funeral is soon, too far away to go - I told Cousin we are running out of relatives for her to call me (Aunt DH died in February). Always nice to hear from her anyway.

Dog wants out and I have made her wait too long.

Wishing all a good night.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Evening all - Thanks for the nice words on the shop! I picked the pine chest up for $30. at a yard sale and nearly burned rubber peeling out of there before they changed their mind. Worked on it for a month repairing a huge crack in the top and refinishing with coats of shellac/finishing sanding and hand-rubbed BriWax. I was really proud of the way it turned out.
    Sara - praying you get some relief from the stress soon. Glad the music is helping!
    Lana - Hugs!
    Lynn - Looking forward to great pictures of the wedding!
    Arniedog - We may all need to hold hands and pull each other along! This has been hard lately!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Ran into temp who has been in dept for months, she was told yesterday she did not get the position I applied for. I told her to keep applying - if I move over she can apply for mine! Have not heard yet and maybe they do denials without interviews first. Dont know. Lady did find out the kept her temp contract through Sept which is something.

Not too much since last night. Dont remember if I mentioned a "kitten" cousin (son of Aunt who just passed) and how they were afraid he would "crash" the funeral in February? Well he never made it, seems he didnt have the money to make it. His siblings were not willing to assist him. Crashing the funeral would have been typical of him, so I was afraid he might.

My monthly meeting with Sup got moved from Monday to Tuesday coming up - gee is she taking another 3 day weekend?? Too predictable that one.

Cafe for lunch today. Dinner - no clue.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

We can just make a human chain and drag each other along!

**Psst--Kind of thought that's what we were already doing. :wink:
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tracey - you are correct - I too feel the human chain pulling me along. My hand is always available.
    I have been able to jump back on track this week. It is hot and humid here in WI, so eating fresh and light is easier. Although so is going out to eat in a nice cool restaurant :wink:
    Sara- sorry to hear about your Aunt.
    Have a great Wednesday. I have to get motivated to walk alone - my lunch walking partner is gone!
    Lurking
    Lynn
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,888 Member
    Options

Yes!

One of the Cabana Boys has just given Lynn the keys to The Big Pink Golf Cart!! We can ALL fit on it.
    Lookout!

Lana

247.8 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Holy moley! 83 posts since last time I got to check in here! This is going to take a bit to catch up!!!

Sara - hate to hear about the issues at work but kudos on applying to all those jobs! keeping fingers crossed that you get an answer soon on a new position!!

Lana - sorry to hear about DH. you certainly don't deserve that kind of treatment. hope you realize through such actions that he doesn't deserve YOU!

suzu - you are killing me with the blue bowl. i have quite a few of those in various shades of brown that i inherited from my mother, grandmother, etc. i have never seen a blue one! i love it!

Lynn - am trying to jump back on track this week as well. i plan on jumping right in The Big Pink Golf Cart with everyone!!

Had an amazing time in the Jeeps in TN. Of course, ate out all the time and didn't even try to log anything for the trip or last week. Am starting to log again as of Monday to try and get eating under control.

Worked at headquarters last week. Felt strange to be up there again but at the same time, felt just like old times. Had to do 10 hour days and even go in on Saturday, but project is done. Now waiting for the Boss to sign it and send it off.

Went with DH to VA appointment yesterday. That was soooooooo frustrating. 8:30am appointment, was there 30 minutes early, but didn't get to see doctor until 11:30am! Then he sent DH to get CT scan (another 2 hours) and back to see him again (another hour waiting). We didn't get out of there until almost 3pm! He is scheduled for surgery Aug 1st. They think they can restore a part of his hearing. The previous surgeries were done incorrectly and the prosthesis is not even in correct spot which is why he still has no hearing in left ear.

Had to cancel Jeep trip planned for this weekend. My "Jeep husband" is in surgery today for kidney stone the size of a grape! No way he could go bouncing around in his Jeep all weekend! We didn't want to go without him either.

Am still trying to settle back into work in my actual office. **Note to self, keep a paper plate under the Himalayan salt lamp anytime I am out of the office because it will "sweat" and kinda "melt" when in hot office with no a/c and lots of humidity.

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Yes!

One of the Cabana Boys has just given Lynn the keys to The Big Pink Golf Cart!! We can ALL fit on it.
    Lookout!

Lana

Does it have an awning like the ones Mr. Rourke had on Fantasy Island? I love a striped awning.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Twiley510 wrote: »

Yes!

Lookout!

Lana

Does it have an awning like the ones Mr. Rourke had on Fantasy Island? I love a striped awning.

Awning and beer/wine cooler! OK...that defeats the purpose... How about a alcohol sparkling water - falling in love with those things and only 70-90 calories!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    v0g8iuh4ih1i.png

krc1so3a2x21.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

As I was working I imagined the "happy dance" I would do for the Security Camera as I left the building (after I got State job and a raise). It made me laugh in my head, so will work on that idea at least in my head.

Asked HR for an update, they will speak to appropriate staff next week and they are still "problem solving" how to best handle this. So none of the "staff" knows yet, headphones back on and ignore.

Better food choices are still in play so I need to leave the "goodies" alone. Too hot to cook and too tired after hot day. Keep plodding along.

Hey does Jordan know how to drive that Golf Cart?

Wave to all who follow. Another day lurking.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,888 Member
    Options

Sara - Yes, Jordan knows how to drive that gold cart. Thankfully Brazil is like the US, with driving on the right with the steering wheel on the left. I know that we did have some trouble with the Cabana Boys who we imported from the British Virgin Islands!

Kathryn - so good to see you. I hope that your husbands hearing can be restored.

Waving to Tracy in Tennessee. The Pink Golf Carts are being refitted with striped awnings today.

Waving to Lynn and Dawn and Missy and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and Suzu and Meghan and Eryn and anyone else who stops by later on.....where is Runa?....

I feel like dreck today. Dang.

Lana

245.6 today, crazy
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    0cqb4zj1a9y9.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    9194 total steps

Possible fry eggs on road kind of hot, but tomorrow/Saturday is a little hotter, so I am grateful my a/c works and the place is dark from shade.

Spoke with lady about email, she has not sent them yet. I checked my employment profile and the office email is where it will go, so now just waiting.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- sorry to hear about your Aunt. Glad her son didn't cause issues. I will never understand, why people find funerals a good place to act out... hope you hear about a job, soon... I'd love to see you happy dance out of there... I'd dance with you :)

Lana- thanks for Jordan... you have a good friend in James...hehe

Kathryn- hope they can get DH fixed up, soon... that is frustrating that it was done incorrectly...
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Horrible food choices, today...DH and I headed back to Mennonite stores... but, we were both hungry before we got there... so, we stopped at McDonald's... also, had for dinner... blah... got some great deals on plants/ flowers (3 for $1) helped DH plant last of veggies and some flowers... felt very accomplished, today... found a couple interesting food items.. plant based butter with avocado oil, not sure if I can tell a difference... will try again... also, I found some really yummy, frozen yogurt bars (YASSO brand) today, I found it in pints (different flavors) hoping I like it, as I bought a case of 8 ($4.99!)
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey all - Couldn't get into the forum yesterday for some reason MFP was having issues.
    Kathryn - Good to hear from you again and hope your husband does well
    Lana - Life will get better, give it time
    Sara - Love that pink cart - Hehhehe
    Waves to Lynn, Tracy, Dawn and all