Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    7739 total steps

Someone let me know that the job interview I have Thursday would be an easy job for me except that I would have the same manager that I have now and therefore is probably not a good idea - I will ask the woman interviewing to see if it is worth our time to continue the conversation. Bummer as I could do that job.

Other job - different manager/Director under same umbrella, do not have an interview yet, so dont know. Many people have moved within the department, so that is not unusual. Feel like up a creek - but will keep trying. Luckily so far I have not binged on high calorie /high fat food.

I may just be knocking on the wrong doors.

Wishing all a good night.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Week two of working out again at a gym, watching what I eat...mostly anyways
    . It wasn't as hard to get back into it as I thought it would be. Slowly working with weights again, light weight with just three sets. I forgot how much I liked cardio endorphins! I have to keep reminding myself to take baby steps.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Applied for 3 more state jobs last night. Made me feel a little better.

Dog up early and is my great alarm clock.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Morning -
    Good Job getting back in the gym mgalsf12 *(by the way, what is your name??) Are you a morning or an evening gym person?
    Sara, I hope the jobs work out!
    Waves to all -
    Suzu
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    tj74jgd2nd3a.png

umju2ttp881o.png
    that is so wrong but reminds me of someone :/
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

Sara - I LOVE both of those photos! Thank you for posting.

Lana

245.8 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Suzu - wedding plans going ok. There is not a lot on my plate as venue is at the future in laws farm and that is 5 hours away. So I have to ensure me, my DH and my son are ready and have everything. Take dog to babysitter and drive. The logistics of all that are stressful enough. But it will be good. The grooms parents(owners of the farm) on the other hand - I cannot even imagine!

Waves to all!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning = 8290 total steps yesterday. One must hit "post reply" in order for messages to stay - :p

Interview this morning. Need to be candid with woman - this position has the same Manager that I had before...... I also am waiting for another interview.

Slight cooler weather for a couple of days windows open and appreciated.

Lynn- when is wedding? I got distracted here in work-kitten.

Lurking and will update when I can.

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Good luck Sara! The wedding is 8/3!
    Like much of the country slammed with the heat today and tomorrow. Tomorrow 114 heat index. :neutral: I will be melting...to bad fat won't melt off!
    Have a great one Waves to all Lurking.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So frustrating when you know that you do a lot of extra walking, only to find out that your step counter counted 0 steps that day! Happens so often....I need a FitBit....
  • stephaniehricak
    stephaniehricak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you guys follow your calorie count? Or do you focus a lot on the nutrients and macros too??

I’m usually on point or close to my macros, while being at least 300-400 under my target calorie count. But some of my nutrients are a little off.

Like today I two eggs and it sent my cholesterol nutrients for the day off the charts 🤦🏼‍♀️

Tips, suggestions, friends for motivation welcome!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    10319 total steps

Sleep will not be a problem tonight- at least I hope not.

Interview went well, she is trying to get my regular salary. I told her of my concern with Manager and that I have an interview for another position (turns out its tomorrow after work- so Miss T will be crossing her legs....). I told her I wanted to be up front so that she didnt hear about it after the interview.

Will have to wait and see, which is always the hard part.

Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara
    Sending special magic dust for all these interviews ✨💫✨

Tracy—take care of yourself. Peep at us when you can.

Waves to all of the rest of you ladies~~

Lana
  • suzu_2
    Options
    Hi @stephaniehricak - welcome to the group! Right now I'm struggling just to keep up with logging every day. Did so religiously for a long, long time, but life happens. This is a great and supportive crew.

Sara - good luck tomorrow!! I really hope you get out of your current situation.

Waves to all - It's FRIDAY EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Ladies I think I found my dream job with the State - proctoring tests both written and physical (obstacle course type exam) for peace officers - the possibility for eye candy....... <3:p
  • suzu_2
    Options
    LOL - Sara, Too funny!
  • suzu_2
    Options
    y4th7rnxnyd2.gif
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF

Suzu - you are up early. Thank you for the Snoopy Dance. I cant beat that one, so it will amuse us today.

Wish I slept better, my loud neighbor again. He got a lease renewal on his door - I can only hope they increased his rent so he moves.

After work is another interview, another sub-department. Dont know a lot about what the work entails, but we shall see.

I am now wondering if because I 'whistle blew' on my Sup that the Manager cannot stop me from taking the job I interviewed for yesterday - it is not in the department as they requested. Manager would remain the same if yesterday's job was offered - if she said anything negative would that be retaliation? Not familiar with this stuff. I will just have to wait and see.

With any luck coworker and I will go shoe/thrift store/consignment shopping Sunday. Have a number of items for a clothing swap Monday so many hangers available for "new" clothing.

Wasnt thinking essay here. Lurking from work.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I may be confused, but I'm understanding that one of these many job possibilities is with your current company and would involve an already-known-to-be-a-problem person you would report to?

If I have this correctly, I see red flags bigtime, and I think that you should avoid this position.

You deserve a fresh start without any baggage and past problems.

🌊🌊🌊 Waves to everyone else 🌊🌊🌊

Lana

(avoiding the scale because I am off my balance beam)
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    LOVE the snoopy dance. Sweltering here today. Not much in the mood for dancing. But I have inside work, so I dare not complain. My DH and son are in construction. Both started super early this am, so hopefully home before horrid heat.
    Sara - have fun thrifting. and good luck on interview!
    Dawn - I really like my fitbit zip for steps. Clips on pants or in pocket and is easy to have on/wear. With my work health incentive program I did just upgrade to a Garmin Vivioactive 3 watch. Gives me some smart watch capabilities. I don't wear things on my wrist so I am adjusting to that. But it is fun watching my heart rate and stress levels. And found out I don't get much deep sleep last night. So it is very new to me. We will see how it goes. less expensive than an apple watch or even a fitbit with the same features. So I went with the Garmin. hoping GPS will be able to help if I get lost hiking :smiley:
    Stephanie- welcome
    Waves to all. Lurking.