Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh... update...I think I found my new weakness! This Yasso Caramel Coco Loco frozen yogurt is sooo yummy! Thankfully, I decided to actually measure it before trying... otherwise, I might not have stopped.... :D
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Dawn, almost time for bed flew by for one last look - what is Caramel Coco Loco? Caramel Chocolate and ????

Very hard for me to resist ice cream or frozen goodies when it is near or over 100 degrees (second half of this week) so I am glad I have lemon/lime/coffee flavored ice cubes (3 different ziploc bags) for my water bottles. Sad compromise for now.

Dog has stopped panting for now so maybe good time to try and curl up in bed. Neighbor having fight so bedroom is the quietest place. Yes, I rolled my eyes again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

5v9bafq0k52p.png

make sure I got that in.

One short meeting today but otherwise headphones on.

State jobs that I will try and apply for require proof of college degree so I went looking to see if I had an official /unofficial transcript (have to send and unofficial to apply - love the dog hoops) and I have both - breathe a nice long sigh of relief. Pain in the kitten to have to get them.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    TRACEY! I am so happy it went so well. The pictures are beyond beautiful. They made me get teary and smile along with them. Loved the flowers - loved it all. all your hard work paid off. Sounds like you have some very sweet kids! Congrats!
    Sara - stay cool! We are going to be close to 90 for the next week and beyond. Doggo won't be pleased.
    Dawn - I may just go buy some frozen yogurt! yum!
    Not much planned for weekend. Garden weeding. Geesh - why do weeds grow so darn well. I always had a great garden - never weed free as I am organic. but when we moved my garden is in an area that was a farm field. The dirt and nutrients just are not the same. I think it was so heavily used in the past, it might take some recovery. I have ok plants, but for sure not fantabulous. Will get some produce at least. Picked my brocolli last night. Yum!
    have a great weekend all! TGIF!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Did get back on track this week. Three weeks - I am shooting for the 180 mark for the wedding :wink:
    184.2 CW
    207 HW
    170 GW
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    t8i2mffy88nt.png

xdrmcp0ape43.png

earphones back on
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    xdrmcp0ape43.png

Same.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hypothetical question - your opinions, please - if you have an acquaintance who owns a repair business (and you are aware of said business) and you call and ask him to repair your item, and he does work on it.... would you think/assume you are doing business with the shop/business or doing business with a private individual?

Weird question, I know. Just trying to get several people's honest reactions/opinions to the above hypothetical situation.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn, I would never mix acquaintance with business- when someone I know does business work, business hat is on etc. I would assume I am doing business with a shop /business. Just me.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Tracey - the wedding was simply gorgeous! your dress was perfect! everyone looks so happy and its just beautiful! congrats to everyone! :)

Dawn - Yasso brand? is it a lower calorie than regular ice cream? i am not a huge chocolate fan, so not sure I would love the caramel coco loco, but other flavors might just be my thing! ;)

Lynn - i had to give up having a nice garden when we moved to this house 15 years ago. at previous place, i had big healthy garden that overproduced! here, the soil is very heavy dense clay and plants just do not like it. i even tried the elevated beds and did not have much success. :(

Sara - stay cool this weekend! we are having high temps too but thank goodness the humidity seems to have broken so a person can breathe! still keeping my fingers crossed and sending positive vibes for a new job that you like! :)

Lana - hope you are feeling better today and not so much "like dreck!"

I have been tracking, but not quite staying under calorie budget... working to get emotional/stress/TOM eating under control at the moment
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn, almost time for bed flew by for one last look - what is Caramel Coco Loco? Caramel Chocolate and ????

Very hard for me to resist ice cream or frozen goodies when it is near or over 100 degrees (second half of this week) so I am glad I have lemon/lime/coffee flavored ice cubes (3 different ziploc bags) for my water bottles. Sad compromise for now.

Dog has stopped panting for now so maybe good time to try and curl up in bed. Neighbor having fight so bedroom is the quietest place. Yes, I rolled my eyes again.

Caramel coco Loco is swirls of caramel and small chocolate chips in frozen yogurt.. it is sweet, but sooo yummy... ice cream is a huge weakness of mine.. so, trying to eat less, and better choices...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Tracey- the Blog was so sweet and the pictures were amazing... you all looked beautiful... Congrats to your daughter and her new hubby...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn- I learned about YASSO brand from WW Facebook Group i'm in...I don't know about the pints, but I know the bars were only 1 PT (WW) this flavor in pints, is higher in Carbs, lower in fat and 5g Protein... the sugar is a bit high... may not be so much in other flavors...1 serving is 140 cal 1/2 cup... this one, is a vanilla yogurt... only small chocolate chips and caramel.. they also had Chocolate PB and Yay (almost got that one) and, another (can't remember name) has caramel and pretzel bits... it may not be the greatest, but it has to be better for me, than Moose Tracks (my fav ice cream)
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Death of a friend, disappointed in a relationship that ended, hating my job, feeling old, blah, blah, blah...gained 10 pounds and starting over. I know that might not sound like much, but I am 58 years old, 5'-2" tall. That is a size and a half! I'm back at the gym, back on my fitness pal and feeling pretty awesome. Life's that way isn't it? Just like weight...we have our ups and downs. It's not what happens to us, it's how we chose to react to the *kitten* or the extra weight...life is short just get off *kitten* and make the change you want to be. Okay that's my two cents on being a serial starter...again. ;-)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2019
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Mgals - you found the right place!! Glad you are back on track again. Easy to fall off the wagon and things do snowball. I was checking off boxes as I was reading your post. Stop by and post when you can.

State application downloads, laundry, groceries, napping and knitting is my to do list this weekend.

Dawn- will look into yogurt,and read the labels - has to be healthier than Moose Munch (Harry and Davids popcorn) but then many things are!!

Dog woke me up who needs an alarm clock but I am sure I can convince her to curl up with me again.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Tracy!!! Welcome back!! Those wedding pictures are beautiful!! Y'all seem to have raised some awesome kids. your daughter is beautiful, you looked great, and the two little boys in the caps were adorable.
    Lynn - glad you are back on track as you count down for the wedding.
    I LOVE ice cream!!! Need to find the Yasso with caramel and pretzels.
    Sara - hang in!
    Wave to Lana, Tracey from Tenn, Dawn, and all
    mgalsf12 - welcome
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Good morning all~~

I am trying to become alert......maybe the shower will do what the coffee failed to do.....

The boards have been busy - I need to go back and re-read stuff.

Sara - I am sorry - I missed that you had a death in your family. My condolences~~

BBL

Lana

247.2 today
    250.0 highest
    179.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    Hypothetical question - your opinions, please - if you have an acquaintance who owns a repair business (and you are aware of said business) and you call and ask him to repair your item, and he does work on it.... would you think/assume you are doing business with the shop/business or doing business with a private individual?

Weird question, I know. Just trying to get several people's honest reactions/opinions to the above hypothetical situation.

Kathryn - I've read your thing several times and have thought about it. The key seems to be that the person owns the business. So I would assume that I'm working with a business. I would certainly ask early on for an estimate of the cost of parts and labor. Why would anyone ask for a repair without knowing what it might cost?

Just flipping the thing around, if I were a person who owned my own business and someone asked me to do a repair, I would absolutely immediately tell them what I would charge/how I would charge for my time and materials. Big big trouble can come from people misunderstanding what I would do for free, which I would only do for very close friends.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Air marginal but window not open all week and dog is going to Vet today for her monthly expression. Boy is she ready for it.

Groceries, Vet (also pick up canned dog food), with any luck setting up meals for the week..... what a thrilling day. Taking naps on Sunday makes it hard to sleep at night, but current job situ- still hard to sleep, so nap time it is.

Wave to all who follow.