What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Thanks to @1963LoriAnne i tried pomegranate on cottage cheese. Off the charts!!!!I never thought I’d find anything better than my blueberries, balsamic and grape nuts on cottage cheese, but these are tart sweet and crunchy.
    p3nfwaca3amt.jpeg

And in the less nutritious but still yummy category:

ych9ysgy9cpw.jpeg
    2d1mx4kita2f.jpeg

You get a generous serving, and if you go hog wild the whole bag is only 350. (BBQ is 120/serving and tastes like really good sweet mesquite bbq chips)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Txuleton steak.
    51ywl8q7wd7y.jpeg
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Almonds. My local shop that sells nuts etc sells these almonds that are Cajun spiced and onces that are chilli and lime, they're absolutely lovely
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Not a very interesting obsession I guess...but loving Brussel sprouts (I just love them steamed).

Also, I'm SO loving yellow mustard seeds (I grind them to a powdered spice) and loving pomegranate powder - so fruity and sweet
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Not a very interesting obsession I guess...but loving Brussel sprouts (I just love them steamed).

Yessssss, same here with Brussels sprouts!! Can't get enough of them. I air fry them plain, then drench them in malt vinegar and/or hot sauce. They are so good and surprisingly filling for such low calorie little balls of deliciousness. 🤤

• PAPYRUS3

Yessssss, same here with Brussels sprouts!! Can't get enough of them. I air fry them plain, then drench them in malt vinegar and/or hot sauce. They are so good and surprisingly filling for such low calorie little balls of deliciousness. 🤤

That does sound amazing! I just bought another 1.75 kg package...lol!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2022
    h03sgdkdgtkd.jpeg
    mh1nreqj0j7y.jpeg
    0vdv70zf1h86.jpeg
    Obsessed with these Whole Foods beans and jack and Annie’s nuggets. The best vegan ones I’ve tried. I’ve recently been on a nugget kick and pretty much tried every single brand out there. Really hate gardein which was surprising because they were like the original. WalmRt brand wasn’t good either. prm5k4nl3opa.jpeg

And these are Whole Foods brand. They taste EXACTLY LIKE the super thickly breaded kind I loved as a kid.

3jcc3schfpd8.jpeg
    s3dvht9hh1vf.jpeg
  • alexandramosenson
    alexandramosenson Posts: 50 Member
    Trader Joe's peanut butter salted. help lol
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Okay I thought I'd add the rest of my nugget extravaganza. Like I said been obsessed with vegan nuggets and hot sauce. I tried 9 brands so far (I also tried incogmeato by morningstar farms but it was awhile ago so I can't remember how they compare side by side these. I had all of these within the last few weeks so it was easy to compare)
    Dairy free nuggets taste testing in order from best to worst....

1. Whole foods brand
    2. Morning star original
    3. Jack and annies
    4. Simulate nUggs dino shaped
    5. Morning star popcorn chicken
    6. Walmart brand
    7. Gardein ultimate plant based nuggets
    8. Raised and rooted
    9. Gardein original tenders

1. WF brand: Super crunchy and thick bread crumb like coating with excellentgh d df texture. They taste like the super thick dino shaped ones or chicken nibblers I used to eat as a kid. Soak up hot sauce VERY well. So close to tasting like real chicken nuggets it was eerie.
    2. Morningstar original nuggets: Great flavor and also very thick crispy panko like breading. A little more filling than WF brand. (I actually prefer more breading than filling) Very crunchy and soaks up sauce well which I like because I dunk all my nuggets in hot sauce.
    3. Jack and annies: Thinner coating, but still very crispy with a light peppery flavor. Great texture with subtle sweetness from the jackfruit. Less spongey/rubbery than others. These are more “crispy” vs “crunchy”. If you aren’t someone who dunks their nuggets in hot sauce, these had the best flavor on their own.
    4. Simulate nuggs dino shaped: Weird name and packaging. However, these tasted the MOST like real chicken. The inside was soft like real chicken. I bet this could fool a non vegan. I really liked these and would definitely get them again. They aren’t as crispy/crunchy as others but the inside texture is better.
    5. Morningstar popcorn chick: Excellent! Like the nuggets but in popcorn form. I really love their breading because it is thick and gets really crunchy. I prefer the nuggets to the popcorn though.
    6. Walmart brand: Not the best, breading too thin. Just okay. Kind of like morningstar farms but with a thinner coating.
    7. Gardein ultimate plant based nuggets: A lot better than the regular gardein so I don’t know why they even make the original ones anymore. Still not the best, but decent. Not a fan of the texture of their “nuggets”, very spongey and airy. They get crunchy but don’t have much flavor and the coating is “smooth” and I prefer “textured’ if that makes sense. I prefer a coating that is more like bread crumbs than batter.
    8. Raised and rooted: Reminded me of mcdonalds chicken nuggets exactly! The same “batter like” coating. I never liked mcdonalds chicken nuggets so I didn’t care for these. Very thin slightly crispy coating. Had a weird real “chicken” taste to them.
    9. Gardein crispy tenders: Terrible! Super spongey/tempeh like weird texture with breading so thin it barely gives any flavor. Would not get again. Terrible flavor and texture.

Photos....
    1. 35mfk309rieo.jpg
    knw287at668u.jpg

2. jfm4s0fv2izj.jpg

3. yx7cvdhg2x37.jpg
    0okzmvloo0hv.jpg
    c7od5qkznsdr.jpg

4. g365sp4nw5mj.jpg
    kvibjz9l4dfa.jpg
    2pr8glfcdub1.jpg

5. No pic

6. No pic
    7. clfv8j8usw9p.jpg
    20e5yz16evzy.jpg

8. o5tl8gwlhobq.jpg
    1nzvkcsgx0gc.jpg
    fdd26c6jq76s.jpg
    9. No pic
  • springlering62
    @Noreenmarie1234

That’s a shedload of nuggets in the interest of science.

Props to you for…..persistence. 😂
  • fitishbyfifty
    fitishbyfifty Posts: 23 Member
    Peanut butter 😬
  • PAPYRUS3
    Peanut butter 😬

yes...seems I have always 'obsessed' over this one...

the struggle is real🙃
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Popcorn. Just plain unbuttered but with extra salt. I’ve been having a bag almost every night. It’s just so GOOD.
  • MrsLengares2015
    MrsLengares2015 Posts: 28 Member
    rscfebuienub.jpg

This dressing is amazing! Simple ingredients and 90 calories a serving. I love Greek salads and this dressing is amazing for it.
  • springlering62
    edited January 2022
    I got a new toy called a Ninja Creami. This sucker is amazing.

Homemade ice cream made from homemade skyr:
    sef4a63ghu78.jpeg

106 calories for a large bowl:

.5 serving skyr (85gr) 50 calories
    1.5 serving Comstock sugar free cherry pie filling 52 calories
    2 gr rainbow sprinkles 4 calories
    Zero cal Walden Farms chocolate syrup

Last night I made chocolate ice cream
    1 serving skyr 100 calories
    Zero cal chocolate syrup
    4 gr quality cacao powder 8 cal (from memory)

Next up is 1 ingredient frozen canned pineapple sorbet.

The really cool (ha!) thing is skyr ice cream is more filling than just a straight up bowl of skyr.

And alllllll that loverly protein!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I got a new toy called a Ninja Creami. This sucker is amazing.

Homemade ice cream made from homemade skyr:
    sef4a63ghu78.jpeg

106 calories for a large bowl:

.5 serving skyr (85gr) 50 calories
    1.5 serving Comstock sugar free cherry pie filling 52 calories
    2 gr rainbow sprinkles 4 calories
    Zero cal Walden Farms chocolate syrup

Last night I made chocolate ice cream
    1 serving skyr 100 calories
    Zero cal chocolate syrup
    4 gr quality cacao powder 8 cal (from memory)

Next up is 1 ingredient frozen canned pineapple sorbet.

The really cool (ha!) thing is skyr ice cream is more filling than just a straight up bowl of skyr.

And alllllll that loverly protein!!

I have one of those too! I need to make this!
  • PAPYRUS3
    Yes! Those protein ice 'creams' are just way too much fun!
  • springlering62
    Yes! Those protein ice 'creams' are just way too much fun!

That reminds me. I have a giant tub of chocolate whey protein powder I haven’t been able to find a way to use. This might be an opportunity!
  • PAPYRUS3
    whi3a5ilgfvf.jpg

5 gram of Pescience Cake Pop Protein powder
    1 tsp+ Xanthan gum
    1 cup of ice
    1/4 cup of cold brew
    Plus Vitamix
    20-30 calories
  • PAPYRUS3
    Whoever disagreed with my post, it's really good! 😆