I’m new

Looking for any good recipes < 200 calories. Anything with eggs, vegetables, meat, cheese, etc.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    That's really low . . . what's your calorie goal, and how many meals per day do you like to eat? MFP won't give you a goal lower than 1200 calories, which itself is too low for many people's best health (unless quite inactive, older, petite, female . . . .). That would be 3 x 400 calorie meals, or a bit less per mea with some snacks added between. I hope you're not pursuing a VLCD? They're not a good idea.

The MFP Blogs have some good low-calorie nutritious recipes, in the Recipes part. If you're planning 3 meals/day, you'll have trouble finding any combination of 3 x 200 calories that will give even minimally adequate nutrition.

In the phone/tablet app version of MFP, I think it's easiest to get to the blogs by click on one of the blog items in the main feed, then Menu, then Recipes.

On the web version of MFP, click the main tab Blogs, then Recipes.

People also share recipes in the Community. Here's a direct link to that topic area:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    a cucumber? LOL

thats ridiculously low. Even my lowest calorie meals are typically around 300-400 and thats LOW, even for me.
  • PennycillinEQ
    PennycillinEQ Posts: 26 Member
    The recipe I use for deconstructed egg rolls (Egg Roll in a Bowl) comes in at under 200 calories when using lean ground chicken breast, cabbage and seasonings. Makes a decent dinner if you have consumed most of your allotted calories during the day or it can be a nice lunch if you intend to splurge at dinner.