1/3 – 7.02 miles
    1/4 – 6.02 miles
    1/5 – 5.08 miles
    1/6 – 4.03 miles
    1/8 – 8.03 miles
    1/9 – 4.75 miles
    1/10 – 3.10 miles (treadmill)
    1/11 – 5.12 miles

I waited until lunch time to run today when the temp was 28F instead of the 13F that it was this morning. Sun was shining and I overdressed in a thick long-sleeved shirt with a jacket over that. I shed my gloves after the first couple of miles and unzipped my jacket and was ok.

Yay for Skip @skippygirlsmom! So glad her professor is supportive. Sorry about your ankle. I hope a rest day is all it needs. You have been running pretty strong on it.

I’m so excited for your HM @martaindale – you have been training so faithfully! @Scott6255 – you could totally run a HM this weekend! Go, go, go!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to your girl @skippygirlsmom - that’s great news! Hope the ankle is ok soon.

@martaindale good luck on the half - I’m sure it will be great.

@Tramboman - just brrr!! I keep having to look up temperature conversions because we are strictly Celsius over here. And every time I do i realise just how cold it is for some of you guys!

Chipped away a little more of the goal this morning. Now over two thirds of the way to goal, so maybe thinking about stretching myself to double it.

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m
    10/1: 2m
    11/1: 1.7m

Jan total: 21.8m
    Jan target: 30m
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman thank you for your post. You're an inspiration :)
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Great pace @kgirlhart ! Wanting to get back to where it is warm will do that for you. :lol:

@rheddmobile Glad you were able to get out and "do" the trail and have a good laugh at the skid marks. I hope you get good news from all of your tests.

@polskagirl01 I hope the kids feel better and that you have a nice bike ride. It's interesting that you feel like you aren't as affected by the cold as you used to be. I am the opposite. Seems like I get cold when it's in the 60's.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

@polskagirl01 I hope the kids feel better and that you have a nice bike ride. It's interesting that you feel like you aren't as affected by the cold as you used to be. I am the opposite. Seems like I get cold when it's in the 60's.

I have a similar thing going on... I seem to be at that 'wonderful' point in a woman's life when she gets hot flashes and night sweats and things and this winter I seem to be the only person not complaining they're cold. When I lost the weight I started feeling the cold a lot more, and I've always adored my duvet and really hot showers in the winter... can't tolerate either of those this year!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    if you look at the one picture of her "costume" she had on leggings and a frozen tank top, not really my idea of costume. But dang she was moving!!
    And a full length cape...just saying. 10k included a wig and the HM included a tail and hat. It's more costume than I am willing to run in. And, yes, she was moving!! I looked at her insta and she is adorable and quite funny. I love finding new runners to follow for inspiration!

@skippygirlsmom Such an awesome opportunity for Skip! I hope your ankle feels better soon. So weird for it hurt like that out of nowhere.

@polskagirl01 Your running group sounds great, and such a good source of motivation! My cold tolerance has also improved a lot since I started running. But, I tolerate heat worse on the flip side. Can't have it both ways I guess. My husband has gotten very cold intolerant as he ages, and is frequently found under a blanket even in the house with the heater on 68F. It's borderline ridiculous.

@rheddmobile Sending good vibes your way for your upcoming tests. I hope you can get some answers.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    1/1 – 6.11
    1/2 – 6.21
    1/4 – 6.31
    1/5 – 5.11
    1/7 - 7.05
    1/8 - 6.32
    1/10 - 6.02
    1/12 - 6.03

49.16 of 160 miles

@martaindale you’ll do great this weekend, weather sounds good. Ah I didn’t see the cape in the picture, well that’s gotta cause some drag right?! I started to follow her too.

So whatever made my ankle angry the other night went away…probably Bama losing to GA LOL

@Teresa502 the weather has been a killer hasn’t it. You sound like me…hat off, gloves off, jacket opened ha ha

Thanks for the kind words on Skip, I appreciate you all letting me brag on her. @shanaber yes that is what she wants to do. She would love to cover women in particular in sports. Fingers crossed on ESPN. I was actually ok with GA winning, they just played better and deserved to win. We love our Nick Saban here for sure. I’m always amazed when people say they hate them or him. Besides a great coach, he’s honestly a great man, all the players under him talk about how he instills values in them far past football. The downside to them losing is that he and his wife foot the bill for a low income house to be built when they win a championship.

@polskagirl01 great hill workout – good luck on the bike ride, hope the kids are feeling better soon

@quilteryoyo that’s a great streak good for you! How has your back been feeling?

@kgirlhart we seem to have around the same temp a lot. Nice job out in the cold. I find if I just make myself go I’m usually glad I did.

@Tramboman great beard.

@rheddmobile good luck on the tests this week. Do they plan to do anything for the pleural effusion or just tell you about it?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been around for a while, but usually quiet :) Now I decided to join the thread as I want to do a HM in April, but not sure how will the training go. Maybe I'll just do a 10k :) Anyway, I am in for 75 km in January! I know it's not much, but I started late - spent the first week of January skiing :)

1/7 - 5.7 km
    1/8 – 5.8 km
    1/10 – 6 km
    1/12 – 7.5 km

Total: 25 km

Great to have you with us!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Welcome @Aine8046!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill again this morning. Really looking forward to lighter mornings so I can be back outside again. Walking the kids to school and then on to work this week there have been some stunning sunrises. Would have been a treat to run in those.

1/1: 2.1m
    2/1: 2m
    3/1: 2.5m
    4/1: 2m
    5/1: 1m
    6/1: 2m
    7/1: 2.05m
    8/1: 2.7m
    9/1: 1.8m
    10/1: 2m
    11/1: 1.7m
    12/1: 2.25m