Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!! Its PAYDAY Friday (and weigh in day for me!!!)

SW- 135
    LW- 132
    CW- 129!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously- can NOT believe my eyes- or the scale. Apparently the whole low to no carb thing is working (I have 2 servings of fruit a day so its not really no carb). Now let's see if I can keep it up through the weekend.

Today's Stats:
    Exercise- 0 (I had to weigh myself for weigh in)
    Food- +1
    Spirit- +1

Weekly Stats
    Owls: 16
    House Points: 300 even

Now on to a new week of exercise and food challenges!!!! The food one will be tough- I definately don't get enough dietary fiber- but I'll see what I can do.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I sooooo wanted to step on the scale this morning. Sue, this has been is a pretty good challenge! Easy, but hard!

Today I go sit in on the Records Custodian Deposition for my case. I hope it is uneventful. I'm not looking forward to it because I'll meet the defendant and the defendants attorney.

*Progress towards week of 9/11 OWLS -9/16 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +5
    Food (sugar) - +5
    Exercise (Don't look at scale) - +5 - <--This is HARD!

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 320
    Week 9/11 to date total = 150
    9/16 exercise minutes - 30 min walking - I'm going to attempt to walk 60 minutes tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure I can do it.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Did a bit better on my Second Year exam. 96% (48 out of 50). I was wrong on the number of times Gilderoy Lockhart won Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award and the number of Hogwarts School Governors.
  • chocoholicandbaby
    Options
    Hello all!

I am new to the boards and was wondering if I could join the Ravenclaw Common room?

Have to say I am more than a little bit stoked to see Harry Potter references on here. As an added bonus, I have been sorted into Ravenclaw on Pottermore :smile:

Chocoholicandbaby
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Checking in for my spirit OWL for the day. Was a bad girl and stepped on the scale yesterday. And upon seeing the exercise challenges for the coming week, I see I'm going to fail on those. I don't even WATCH tv lol. I mean, I have a few things I watch on dvd to put myself to sleep in the mornings, but I don't ever even see a commerical break, let alone be able to exercise during 3 of them throughout the day.

On a side note, was having my first real low moment since starting my diet. I love how much weight I'm losing...and not sad to see the fat go.....except in one place. Wish I could keep the fat in my chest. I'm feeling pretty down about how much I've lost there and even beginning to think about once my whole weight loss odyssey is over, checking into the cost and what all is envolved with an enlargement. Anyone ever had one?
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here's my check-in for the past week.

Weight - 257.6

Exercise - 2 (I'm a daily weigh-er, but managed to miss a couple days over the weekend)
    Food - 4 (This was hard to track for me since I eat a lot of naturally occurring sugar in milk, fruits, vegetables, grains, etc., but I just gave myself one for the days where I didn't eat anything too artificially sugary)
    Spirit - 2

Today is my first day back at work after a 7 week layoff, so hopefully my new food/exercise routine is able to withstand the monotony of 9-5 office work.
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    weighing in at 142.6 today almost back down to before this little setback.
    can I add how excited I was to finally step on the scale.
    +4
    I didn't make it on the sugars at all.
    +6 for spirit
    and 450 House points
    I hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My daily spirit checkin

Slipped on got on the scale yesterday. Don't know why i bothered, it was after a core workout, and I ate so I knew it was not going to be accurate, but it was at the same weight i was on my normal Sunday weigh in. So, I am hopeful for this Sunday even though it is almost my TOM

Doing great with Sugar, been under everyday, not having a sweat tooth is serving me well this week.

Looking forward to next week's challenges. should be a blast.
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I forgot to include the house points on my last post.

I had 246 exercise minutes this past week. The last couple weeks have been a little hectic, so I missed another workout this week. Hopefully things will be back to normal 6 days a week this week.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Here are the week 1 results. Ravenclaw won the Quidditch Match this week! Way to go Ravenclaws!!!!
    Ok, guys! Here are the rough numbers for this week!

HP % Lost
    Gryffindor 366.87 0.351%
    Hufflepuff 87 0.009%
    Ravenclaw 220.6 0.483%
    Slytherin 342.31 0.274%

So, Gryffindor is in the lead for the House Cup! Great job, Gryffindors!

And Ravenclaw won this week's Quidditch Match! Awesome work, Ravenclaws!

Keep up the great work, Hogwarts! I can see it's going to be very close :)
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yay! Go Ravenclaws!!!!

Weigh in tomorrow. Hoping for at least a pound weight loss-- then I'd be in the 220s!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Lost track a bit but I only got 1 owl for weighing in, I know that. (oops!)

Sugar should be 7 owls
    checkin should be a bit less, 5?

All right so ... I lost 2.6 pounds!!!!!!!!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I was stuck at 180ish for ever ever ever -- upped my calories the last 2 weeks including a flat out pigout day and still lost. wooooo!

I am at 720 minutes of exercise this month too so I guess we get points for that?
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi all, no internet at the moment (housemate didn't pay the bill...) So trying tip log in as and when with the app but I don't like using it much. So no check ins for me this week. But I do have....
    Six owls for not weighing myself.
    Seven for staying under on sugar.
    150 exercise minutes.
    And, finally weight loss... Down to 182.8 lb. so finally shifted it downwards again, am pleased!! Will try and be more active when we get internet access back xx
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Lost track a bit but I only got 1 owl for weighing in, I know that. (oops!)

Sugar should be 7 owls
    checkin should be a bit less, 5?

All right so ... I lost 2.6 pounds!!!!!!!!
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I was stuck at 180ish for ever ever ever -- upped my calories the last 2 weeks including a flat out pigout day and still lost. wooooo!

I am at 720 minutes of exercise this month too so I guess we get points for that?
    Great job tameko2!! Congratulations on your loss!

How may minutes of exercise was for this week only?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    320 minutes
  • kaseyb21
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws!

My weight for this week is 310.
    17 OWLS
    60 House Points.

Have a great weekend!
  • kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'll do as many of the exercise items as I can, but don't expect any owls for it.

+1

Too much for my back and knees. I'll do what I can, but I won't be collecting any OWLs either.

Yeah, that's my concern, too. My back is usually okay, but my knees physically can't do things like squats or lunges. I'll just do what I can for the rest right along with you. :)
  • azsuzi
    Options
    I'll do as many of the exercise items as I can, but don't expect any owls for it.

+1

Too much for my back and knees. I'll do what I can, but I won't be collecting any OWLs either.

Yeah, that's my concern, too. My back is usually okay, but my knees physically can't do things like squats or lunges. I'll just do what I can for the rest right along with you. :)
    My knees give me problems too. Since the challenge is to complete 3 sets, how about you get 1 OWL for each 3 sets you complete for a maximum of 1 OWL each day? So if you do 1 set a day, after 3 days you earn 1 OWL. How does that sound?

And these can be done anytime during the day - they don't have to be only during commercials. I don't watch TV, but I can fit some of them in during bathroom breaks at work!
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    Woohoooooo!! Congrats Ravenclaws for the quidditch victory! :D

Congrats tameko2 for your loss as well! I love breaking through those annoying little sticking points. Kudos to you for sticking through it. :)

I'm half nervous and half excited about weighing in tomorrow morning. I feel better, but I've been trying not to stare at the scale, so it could be an unfortunate surprise, lol. We'll see!

As for my weekly points:

Weekly Stats (week of 9/10 - 9/16):
    Food: 1
    Exercise: 5
    Spirit: 5
    House Points: 102
  • kellyisloved
    Options
    My knees give me problems too. Since the challenge is to complete 3 sets, how about you get 1 OWL for each 3 sets you complete for a maximum of 1 OWL each day? So if you do 1 set a day, after 3 days you earn 1 OWL. How does that sound?

And these can be done anytime during the day - they don't have to be only during commercials. I don't watch TV, but I can fit some of them in during bathroom breaks at work!

That sounds perfect to me! I can try to see if I can get my knees to hold up for at least a set a day and then feel good about earning a couple OWLs at least. :)