Coronavirus prep

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    For those in the U.S., have you ordered your free test kits from the government yet?
    We'll see how long they take to arrive...it is through the U.S. Postal Service, after all...

No, I guess I will have to navigate how to do that. I've been so busy that I hadn't even thought about this.

Not much to navigate…just go here and put in your name and address:
    https://www.covidtests.gov/

Yes, I found it easy and took only a minute. It says they ship late January, which is basically now (how did it already become LATE January?!).

Hmmm, must be my sister got hers mailed from a different source. I know she said she's ordered from 2 places. I'll have to check now. She's been giving them to people she knows that don't have enough of them and keeping 2 for herself.
    That's good to know though. Thanks!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited January 2022
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    For those in the U.S., have you ordered your free test kits from the government yet?
    We'll see how long they take to arrive...it is through the U.S. Postal Service, after all...

No, I guess I will have to navigate how to do that. I've been so busy that I hadn't even thought about this.

Not much to navigate…just go here and put in your name and address:
    https://www.covidtests.gov/

Yes, I found it easy and took only a minute. It says they ship late January, which is basically now (how did it already become LATE January?!).

Hmmm, must be my sister got hers mailed from a different source. I know she said she's ordered from 2 places. I'll have to check now. She's been giving them to people she knows that don't have enough of them and keeping 2 for herself.
    That's good to know though. Thanks!

If your sister received them already, and ordered from two places, then she didn't get them from the free government site that just went online this weekend. Those have not shipped yet, AFAIK.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Any thoughts/input from you smart people on a new topic that I am hearing about. That topic is the possibility of developing "fatigue" from booster shots. This appears to relate to more than 4 shots (2 standard plus two boosters), so we are not there yet. If true, the importance of this is that we would need to plan/develop other/additional strategies for down that road that do not continue to require more vaccinations. Curious what discussion is going on in the scientific community.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    SModa61 wrote: »
    Any thoughts/input from you smart people on a new topic that I am hearing about. That topic is the possibility of developing "fatigue" from booster shots. This appears to relate to more than 4 shots (2 standard plus two boosters), so we are not there yet. If true, the importance of this is that we would need to plan/develop other/additional strategies for down that road that do not continue to require more vaccinations. Curious what discussion is going on in the scientific community.

The WHO says that boosting is making things worse overall. This article was last month...

https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/22/who-says-covid-vaccine-booster-programs-will-prolong-pandemic.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16427685716173&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/who-says-covid-vaccine-booster-programs-will-prolong-pandemic.html

And from the WHO on vaccines moving forward...

https://www.who.int/news/item/11-01-2022-interim-statement-on-covid-19-vaccines-in-the-context-of-the-circulation-of-the-omicron-sars-cov-2-variant-from-the-who-technical-advisory-group-on-covid-19-vaccine-composition
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member

Maybe more more and build endurance so you don't notice "fatigue"?
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Austria just mandated vaccines for all adults over 18. $700 (converted to US$) fines for non compliance.

I think Quebec is doing this - but they aren't calling it a "mandate" but rather a health surtax for those who refuse the vaccine.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,852 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »

Maybe more more and build endurance so you don't notice "fatigue"?

Sorry, I was not clear and I see your interpretation. The "fatigue" they are referring to is T-cell fatigue that (if correct) would ultimately weaken instead of helping our immune response to COVID. Or at least, that is how I understand it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    So, Meatloaf died of Covid. News is saying he was an anti-vaxxer. I’m sad now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member

He's still Eddie. Well, was and is. But I agree with you.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

The article I read said he was against the vaccine mandates. Was something mentioned about him not being vaccinated as well?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

The article I read said he was against the vaccine mandates. Was something mentioned about him not being vaccinated as well?

When I google "was meatloaf vaccinated" I see many results like this, "It's unknown whether Meat Loaf vaccinated against COVID-19."

Since there's this, "he had previously said he would “rather die” than face lockdown," I think it is more likely than not he was unvaccinated.

The story came up on the news last night and my mom referred to him as "Meatball" :smiley:

Rocky Horror is the only musical I like.