WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    So i look at my phone and somehow i dont know how I miss a call and it was Lils son. They were calling her and she wasn't answering her phone, could i possibly go check on her.. so i go check,TV on nobody home,i walk down to Susans and knock on the door and she is there having dinner with Susand and Myrna and I told her that her sons were looking for her..
    Good lord i have to run all over the condo complex to find an elderly woman ,and so I call back Paul he said oh have her call Mark im just getting on a bus i wont be able to get my phone.. which means he is hopping a plane to Miami... so much for Mom...Mark is in Naples and Edna is here in Ct. But honestly Edna is a couple fries short of a happy meal...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    What are the chances birds will use the birdbath?

eslffhkm6w8y.png
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

That's our Rhody!

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I miss our sweet old dog who has passed away & I am looking for a new pup. I have been chatting with staff at our veterinarian’s clinic. I hope to make contact with a breeder they’ve suggested. Keeping my fingers crossed that we actually get a sweet new puppy. 🐶

Machka --I love the garden, flowers, tree, and supervising kitty.

Tracey in Edmonton – I love your Smooch Pooch pillow. :heart:
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,638 Member
    Options
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Michele 🥳 Congratulations to Dr. Jess 🥳
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Accountability:
    Chose well: 143.3, 8 mins Yoga, readings, made up Thursday’s BB&B, BP, dogs to powerline, dog group, mfp50+, CI<CIO, CI<250<CO, active 4.04
    Bonus: Farmers’ market, liquor store for AF beer,
    Workin’ on it: H20x4,
    Happier January 2022
    23: Put away digital devices and focus on being in the moment. Outside!

Oops, looks like yesterday I did not take BP. Wonder what distracted my routine?

Dogs were enthusiastic about play training and powerline stroll this morning. Later Shadow got to play along the banks of the Winchuck River before dog group. It got up to 73F and felt like spring. Enjoyable, but worrisome for the flowering fruit trees. February and March will bring back the cold and winds and blow heck out of the orchards.

Flea ((hugs held extra long )) Praying some how your vaxxed and boosted mom dodged the C-19 bullet.
    Annie very well done! Glad your knee is getting stronger.
    Allie “..couple of fries short of a happy meal …” a real water snorter! :laugh:
    Machka afraid Rhody-as-yard-art will be a bird bath deterrent.
    Tracey that is some strong connection you have with that young woman and her children. Wow. :love: Ember’s expression.
    Reading, thinking, whooshing care and support to you all but lacking energy for commenting. Nightmares and ear worms, yuck. Thankful catching up with you all has cleared/calmed my mind, and perhaps now I can sleep peacefully.

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    2022: Be still and listen.
  • Machka9
    Options
    v7ynor253d89.png

Good ride!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Machka9
    Options
    tjbe92ss80wx.png

Good weekend.
    Hardly any contact with people.
    :)
    Gardening.
    Cycling.
    Sleeping.
    Laundry.
    :)

I've started taking down the Christmas decorations as well.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Michele wrote:
    Thank you so much everyone for your well wishes for Jess. She wants to be a research vet, not a family vet. I know if she was a family vet, she’d get bored. So many times the vet sees the same thing – ear infections, broken bones, etc. Plus, many times she is not diplomatic. If someone came in and she told them, say, they needed to use certain eye drops (for example) and they didn’t but came back because the problem got worse, I know she’s REALLY ream into them. She has always wanted to find a cure for cancer. Will that happen? Honestly, I doubt it. But if you can even start to find a cure in animals, you are that much closer to finding a cure for humans.
    This reminds me of a new choir friend.
    When we met, I asked her what she did and she said she was a veterinarian. I followed up by asking if she focused on large animals or small ones. She said she started out on large ones but now works with small ones. Turns out she's a research vet and her current focus is on zebrafish. They're about 1-1½ inches, so yeah, they're small animals. But back when she was doing her PhD work, she studied WHALES—in the wild! Quite a transition, I'd say.
    Incidentally, Michele, you wrote appreciatively about the images I tend to post. Well, this isn't really the right time of year for pretty pictures. But I'll tell a little story.
    When we were in the US a month ago, we frequently drove between my parents' home in NH and my sister's home in VT. That meant a lot of driving after dark, which is scary, especially in Vermont. I tried to figure out why it was so much worse than driving here, where we have 24-hour darkness for part of the year. I figured out three things.
    1) Winter roads in Norway have more (white) snow beside them.
    2) The pavement tends to be covered with frost or packed snow and thus pale rather than black.
    3) The Public Road Administration plants reflector sticks 15 meters apart along essentially all Norwegian roads every fall.
    So this is what it looks like driving on our island at 2 pm on a January afternoon:
    bgzg1sptumdh.jpg
    And this is what it looks like on a bigger road at 3 pm, also in January.
    f8qx7lcz5b4a.jpg
    Dark, and a narrow curvy road, but at least you can see where you're going.
    In winter, the road on our island can be "paved" with about 4" of ice. We LOVE it that way because that's when the road is at its very best quality. Smooth and reliable under our studded tires.
    But when spring comes, or we get a long stretch of winter rain, the surface turns into potholes and washboard. Here's what it looks like outside our apartment in town right now.
    c8rohetw360t.jpg
    And farther down the road:
    i3bc6p237u6i.jpg
    :s Ugh! Not venturing out into that unless I have to.
    /Penny, despite it all delighted to live so close to the
    t07190.gif

Beautiful ... but I'm not sure how happy I'd be living in all that again. 40 years on the Canadian prairies was enough!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    uhcvwizfc6mx.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,269 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pics Penny. :D Can't remember, are you on the town side of the bridge now?

Felt a bit blah this morning. Not sure why. Improved my mood by washing my hair and by typing out some quotes for my book. I've been meaning to do it for ages, so something was accomplished.

I'm waiting to hear back from my son about our Burns Night dinner. Haven't heard anything about the state of plague in their household recently. If he comes over he will have to do a LFT first. I think I will make a small amount of berry/yoghurt ice cream in case. I was going to do mango, but realised too late that I need 5 limes!

Weather very grey.

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in ages, and I have put on another 2+ pounds. No wonder I feel a bit low. I'm determined to lose that, and a bit more, before the cruise. I have 7 weeks. Obviously, my CICO has not been accurate, as I have logged every day and am nearly always under. I even thought I might have lost a pound, but I was wrong.
    I can do it.
    Realistically, I think 4 pounds is not unreasonable. I would love 7, but I haven't done that sort of loss in 10 years.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Machka - Thanks for the "pome". A. A. Milne had a way with simple words for simple pleasures.
    Heather - We're on the mainland side of the bridge. Northbound cruise ships pass by our balcony a few minutes before they dock. We love our view. It's so lively!
    Margaret - Gorgeous fuchsias!
    /Penny not at the
    t07190.gif
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,427 Member
    Options
    B)