January 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited January 2022
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Wow @polskagirl01 - was the lead guy in the video carrying an ax? I do like his coat!

Yes, he's dressed in traditional mountain garb, and has an axe because he's representing the "Zbój" or robber/bandit that the race is named after.

@SummerSkier I log it as "Trail running, Mountain" in my watch, but by the time Strava gets it, it gets labeled as a run. I was able to run a bit on the flat & downhill sections, but my overall pace was hopeless even for a walk. I figure for my logging purposes, I want similar effort levels together, so this all goes in as trail running even though I'm not running all of it. I think this is normal in this type of trail running. Suunto app keeps it separate from regular "Running" (which I'm also slow at but not as much) so it doesn't mess up my stats too much. But as for crawling, I don't think that's an option in my watch, haha.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Scott6255 If your HR stayed in the 120's, I'd say it was an easy paced run, regardless of whether it was the same as the treadmill or not. Sometimes I find it harder to run on the treadmill and sometimes it's easier. Sounds like you had great weather and it was just a great run!
    But as for crawling, I don't think that's an option in my watch, haha.
    :lol::lol: Maybe it should be for some of us. (like me) I just watched the video. That is a pretty crazy, and scary, course.

@marisap2010 Great run and sorry about the aggravating phone call. I often take walks in the back field and rant out loud when I'm frustrated like that. It really does help.

• sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    02/01 - 14 miles (trail)
    04/01 - 8.3 miles (road)
    07/01 - 4.3 miles (trail)
    09/01 - 8.1 miles (road)
    11/01 - 3.2 miles (road)
    14/01 - 6.3 miles (trail)
    15/01 - 10.1 miles (trail)
    17/01 - 17.1 miles (road)
    21/01 - 4 miles (road)
    23/01 - 10 miles (trail)

January 2022:
    85.6 miles & 5,810 feet of elevation
  • quilteryoyo
    @globalhiker Glad you are feeling better and I hope the shoe fix works for you. I am recovering from Covid again myself.

@Teresa502 You know you are a runner when you say I am JUST running 25K! :lol: You did great getting in three sessions yesterday and that race sounds like a lot of fun.

@Tramboman Sorry, but I snickered at the fact that you didn't realize you were running on an incline until the end. Just made you work a little harder than you had intended.

@polskagirl01 I think your body knew what was best for you. Sounds like you had a nice run today.

@katharmonic So nice of you and your friends to keep your friend company for her 20 mile run. You did great to get 10 in in those conditions.

@Faebert I hope you feel better and dodge the C bullet.

@AlphaHowls I must have missed why your ribcage is sensitive. Did you fall? I hope you start feeling better soon. You are still killing it.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,704 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    I think I only posted it on Strava, but 1/10/2022, it appears I had a intercostal muscle strain - twisting from specific yoga postures.
    It was actually a violent (to me) pop in my right side rib. I felt like I had been kicked while I was down. Sneezing/coughing/laughing/blowing my nose and rolling over in bed get my attention.
    Ouch! Those muscle strains can take a while to heal. I hope yours heals soon!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    That's what I was thinking too about @Teresa502 only doing 25k. That sounds like a fun thing to do as a pair. Still exhausting but much more doable than solo! You'll be awesome.

@AlphaHowls sorry about the ribs, that's so painful. It takes a while to feel better and those things you mention are not so easy to avoid. Be sure to push yourself to continue to do slow deep breathing exercises to prevent chest infections and collapsed lung.

@quilteryoyo good job listening to your body and stopping at two miles.

@faebert hope you escape COVID. It's hard to do these days. The discussion earlier in this thread about feeling like a unicorn for avoiding it so far is how I feel too. I wonder how it will go with our new semester starting tomorrow though.

• quilteryoyo
    Yikes @AlphaHowls ! That sounds really painful. I don't know how you keep up those HMs everyday. I do hope it feels better soon. Is there anything they can do to help it heal?