JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member
    Funny thing. I came in here to check my goals to see if I said no alcohol today. I apparently knew tonight would be rough. But if I’d said no alcohol, I would not have had the beer. As is it tasted really good.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Morning: Check email. Therapy exercises. Take C to job interview. Dentist.
    3. Reading: Civil Rights. Update Beanstack. Blog posts w/3 comments.
    4. Writing: Script. 1 hr. Blog post
    5. Housework: Put laundry away.
    6. Afternoon: Watch Abbott Elementary? Park walk.
    7. Evening: Tweetchat. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    8. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Set out journal. Read: 1 hr while playing sleepy music.
    9. Upcoming: Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 2/8. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 2/24 4P and 3/12 4P. Conf 3/1. Plan Saturday Six for 2/5 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/29 10:00. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Load dishwasher S/T/R eves.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas

1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Feb 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. Bedtime for me. I feel like I'm forgetting things. Bleugh!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    Didn't post yesterday. Some emotional stuff.
    MrsHermit wrote: »
    My habit goals for this year that I'm working on
    If streak is broken, start over (Saturdays are exempt)
    1) 6am up, Modeh Ani, 1 cup of tea, journal, do things
    2) don't eat until after exercise, exercise by 10am
    3)crafts after dinner
    4) dishes all done before bed 🌸🌸🌸
    5) take some notes on saved vids/bookmarks, turn off devices and read
    6) 8pm floss and wash face, can have tea
    7) in bed: pray, read, crochet 🌸🌸🌸

JFT Tuesday 1-25
    You have permission to achieve your goals, don't give up because you missed one
    music playing all the time 🌸
    no device breaks, do crafts instead to rest your back
    pay the rent
    figure out cell problem
    get DH to finish taking out shelves 🌸
    pack rest of food for tote/tub rearrangement 🌸
    pack rest of bedroom (except closet) by Friday
    start lists for last purchases and moving day checklist (travel bags)
    list for shopping next week
    encourage DH to work on garage and balcony

JFT Wednesday (today)
    Make rolls and prep pizza dough 🌸
    journal
    exercise
    find needed item
    unexpected hours long phone call task 🌸
    blog posts
    mop floors 🌸
    spackle wall in bedroom
    clean window in bedroom
    find that thing you need for internet
    schedule bill payment
    pack fragile stuff
    make lists (shop next week, last shopping, travel bag/box)
    crafts
    dishes
    soak beans
    habits
    take shower and weigh in
    get to bed

JFT Thursday 1-27
    Seriously, get. up.
    journal
    exercise
    blog post?
    spackle
    clean
    find other thing
    pay.the.bills
    pack fragile
    pack the bedroom
    3 lists
    fruit crumble
    salad
    do habits
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - January 25
    Log all food - 🙂
    1.5L of water - 🙂
    Exercise - 👿
    Gratitude journal - 🙂

JFT - January 26
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT Wednesday 26th Jan

Stay under maintenance yes
    Only one snack 2
    Foot exercises no
    Walk yes

A babysitting day today.

JFT Thursday 27th Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Foot exercises
    Walk

Another babysitting day.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,036 Member
    edited January 2022
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    ❄️⛄️JANUARY 2022 ⛄️❄️
    ❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️
    Life Affirmations
    🔹WOTY - CONSOLIDATE
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    Personal Stats:
    • Name: Terri
    • Height: 5'2"
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • UGW: 145
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    [*] 31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    [*] 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    [*] Total weight loss: 81.4 lbs
    [*] (30 Dec 2021: 138.6 - Total Loss: 87 lbs)
    [*] 3 Jan 2022: 138.9
    [*] 8 Jan 2022: 135.8 - TL: 91.2

January Daily Habits:
    Week 3

Sat:👌🏻 Sun:👌🏻 Mon:👌🏻 Tue:👌🏻
    Wed:👌🏻 Thu: Fri:
    1. Weight < 145: 5/7 (I weigh each morning after ablutions)
    2. Reduce Fat%: 29.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 21%
    3. Increase Muscle%: 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.8
    4. Calories in the green: 5/7
    5. Steps > 7500: 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily: 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily: 5/7
    8. 11pm shutdown of devices: 5/7
    9. Cleanup sweep ground floor rooms: 5/7
    10. make bed > 10 minutes of flex: 5/7
    11. Journal/Habit Tracker: 5/7
    Recap for Wed 26:
    • Meditation 🦄
    • Daily Flex🦄
    • Weekly shopping🦄
    • Daily Chores🦄
    • Self Care🦄

Positive Intentions for Thu 27:
    • Meditation
    • Daily Flex
    • Declutter overflow wardrobe
    • new jigsaw: crochet:
    • Daily Chores
    • Self Care

It’s been a quiet week.

🦄 Terri
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Recap - Wednesday 1/26
    Log - :)
    Balanced meals - Carb-heavy and over on sodium, but under calorie limit
    Stay hydrated - A little low
    Indoor Bike - :)
    Quick errands - :)
    Sort some clothes (keep, donate, discard) - :) Good start on a a lengthy project
    Bed by midnight - Took a long nap, then up too late

JFT Thursday 1/27
    Log
    Balanced meals
    Stay hydrated
    Indoor Bike?
    Quick fridge clean-out
    Sort some clothes (keep, donate, discard)
    Bed by midnight
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap W 1/26
    1) Move hourly (right knee not getting better) = limping along & I limited my walking 6.6K 13floors 11/14
    2) Net calories zero / 112 oz. water :s another day in the red, but protein & calcium excellent & 96 oz. water
    3) Health ins. info / 10:00 - 12:00 webinar / complete & digital sign webinar summary form / Title 31 / clear some emails / set up OOO message / contact Michelle for update = 6/7
    4) Contact healthcare provider / find life ins. info / some ta-da ~ not much but some digital decluttering = 2/3
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app knee hurting & tired, went to bed extra early / 6:45 alarm = 2/6

JFT R 1/27
    1) Move hourly?
    2) Net calories zero / 112 oz. water
    3) Appt. for knee 10:45 / Facebook Live video / Citrix install 2:00 / clear emails / update PRO s/s / Title 31 prep
    4) Shop for cards / pick up french bread / find life ins. info / declutter 15 min. / another ta-da?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / Calm app / 6:45 alarm

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22
    • will register for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Motivation has been sporadic at best. My coworker is still out from Covid. I'm tired. Can't wait for my vacation, it's just around the corner now! But I don't think I'll hit the weight goal I wanted to before we leave...unless I get a miracle lol

JFT 01/27
    - 64 oz of water
    - Log everything / Stay green
    - 30 minutes of cardio
    - No snacking after 8:30
    - Put laundry away
    - Shower
    - Bed by 10:30
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,562 Member

JFT for 1/27 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of the pies I made nor the ice cream and none of DH's meltaways either)
    2) Can have peanut butter today (last 1/18)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/27
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/18)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)
    11) No more of the cornbread muffins I made.
    12) None of the tamales or sweet potato casserole today.
    13) Will eat lunch early because of a 11:30 long meeting.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,304 Member

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 6:30 :smiley:
    - Meeting at 7:00 :smiley:
    - Do some audits this afternoon :(
    - Check calibration status :smiley:
    - Protein bar for brunch :smiley:
    - Bible Study at church :(
    - Dinner out :(
    - Log Food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smiley:

Have a happy day y'all.

Yesterday was a good day. There were things on my list that I didn't do, but they were replaced by better things. The audits, I reassigned and extended the due dates on. I didn't go to Bible Study, because I decided my Tuesday evening Bible study was sufficient. Instead I rode the Peleton for 30 minutes. Damn those workouts are tough. Since I didn't go to church I didn't eat out, instead I had a yummy turkey sandwich.

All in all I felt good about the day. The evening was a bit rough for my daughter with High School girl drama happening. She cried, I cried. I don't know how to help her. Later in the evening I called another parent in the friend group to try to get a better handle on the situation. I cried some more, didn't really get any answers, but she's a good friend so I felt better after. Decided to have a beer and finish watching WVU lose their basketball game. I did check goals first to make sure I hadn't said "no alcohol" as I often do, but I didn't so I enjoyed a few drinks and stayed within my calorie allotment.

Today has been utter chaos so far. Our internet is down at home so neither hubby or I could work from home today. He had an early meeting so he rushed out. I didn't have a meeting until 8:30 so I was more laid back. Until my daughter came in and told me her car wouldn't start. No biggie, I'll get dressed and take her to school before I go to work, right? Wrong, her car is parked behind mine in the drive, so I'm blocked in and too far away to jump her car. Text hubby, and take my 8:30 call on my cell phone (luckily I didn't need to present anything). Hubby comes home from work jumps her car, and we all finally head our separate ways. Sheesh...

Today I have a few more meetings, and i teach spin tonight, so that is a bonus, but I will miss V's play. No real worries, I'll see it Saturday at the Theater Competition, but I don't like missing things. Other than that, nothing really planned. I'm thinking pizza for dinner, well pizza toppings on a burrito flour to save calories, but it gets crunchy and I like it so all is well.

JFT Goals
    - Work from home :(
    - 8:30 meeting :smiley:
    - Work stuff
    - 1:00 meeting where I have to present
    - Home by 4:30
    - Grab a bite to eat before spin since I forgot my lunch today
    - Teach spin
    - Home by 7:30
    - Shower
    - Veg

Happy Thursday y'all!
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - Had my planned early lunch and now I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except for my dose of metamusal.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'm down 4.4 lbs since joining you all again! I've been taking my medications more regularly, cooking at home more, and able to better regulate my emotions despite being egged on at every opportunity! :s Difficult week, our kitty had a horrible episode and spent a few days at the emergency vet. He's home but I absolutely emotionally ate - but I recognized it instead of sticking my head in the sand. Back to the vet tonight for some rechecks, hoping all is well. They have no idea what caused it and we've ruled out all the obvious and not so obvious things possible. Here's hoping he makes a full recovery, hes only 1.5 :( Also! We got into the daycare for part time care after all! I am thrilled!!!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    @AJB1014 - congrats on the weight loss! Sorry to read about your poor cat. Hope he’s ok.

I’m hopping on briefly after a strange day. It was all going so well and then my younger daughter tested positive on a lateral flow device. So I’ve been scrabbling around this evening emailing schools and booking PCR tests. The rules say as I’m triple jabbed I can carry on as normal. Tomorrow night I was due to meet some friends for dinner in my first night out in probably more than a year. I’m feeling very conflicted about whether I should go… obviously if my daughter is too ill, I would stay home with her. But she is currently fine… I’ll sleep on it!

Hope you’ve had a better day @mytime6630 and I’m glad you had a good day @pridesabtch. Hope you enjoyed the babysitting @littleblackskirt. Good to see you @PackerFanInGB @cschmitz110515 and @Snowflake1968.
    Hi to everyone else who has posted. Is @Bex953172 ok? She’s been quiet.

Sending good vibes to you all x

Thursday goals recap:
    Morning run ✅ 2m
    Drive kids to school ✅
    Walk to station ✅
    Meet H at 10 ✅
    Leave on time for school run ✅
    Lunch out? Log as best I can ❌ lunch at home and fully logged! ✅
    Take P for vaccine at 4:50✅
    L play date✅
    Planning - when??✅ Squeezed it in!
    Water ❌
    Stay within calorie goal ✅
    Bed by 10❌

Friday goals:
    Morning run
    Pack soup and yoghurt
    Print homework sheets on arrival
    Prep worksheets/resources for next week
    Start gathering class assembly materials
    Home by 5
    Take kids for tests
    Decide whether to go out - friends meeting at 7:30
    Stay within calorie goal
    Water
    Bed by 12
  • more_freggies76
    edited January 2022

JFT for 1/27 (today): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of the pies I made nor the ice cream and none of DH's meltaways either) ✔️
    2) Can have peanut butter today (last 1/18)✔️[color]Didn't have today[/color]
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/27✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today✔️
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/18)✔️
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.✔️
    9) No turkey jerky today.✔️
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)✔️
    11) No more of the cornbread muffins I made.✔️
    12) None of the tamales or sweet potato casserole today.✔️
    13) Will eat lunch early because of a 11:30 long meeting.✔️
    JFT for 1/28 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No dessert stuff today except some of the pies I made unless I want sugar free or no sugar added (last 1/12) (none of the ice cream and none of DH's meltaways)
    2) Can have peanut butter today (last 1/18)
    3) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 1/27
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 1/19) Note: some parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today (1-2 Tbsp). (last - 1/16)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds ok, non of nut gift today
    7) No dried apricots today. (last 1/18)
    8) None of DH's treats today (except as noted under #1). If he leaves some pistachios, I can have them.
    9) No turkey jerky today.
    10) No turkey Vienna sausage today (last 1/21)
    11) No more of the cornbread muffins I made.
    12) Can have some of the tamales or sweet potato casserole today.
    13) Will eat lunch early because of a 11:30 long meeting.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. Tea! Check in on MFP. Breathing & stretching.
    2. Before Class: Check in with LS: Sabbatical for doctorate? Check email. Think pink.
    3. English classes: Day 14. Kahoot!
    4. SEL classes: Happy Friday! Games?
    5. Online classes: Reply to emails; enter grades. Enter late work.
    6. Planning: Finish research script. Shoot thank-you script. Read Civil Rights; update Goodreads. Duolingo lesson. Visit 3 students. Call 5 caregivers. Log! Input grades. Update paper gradebook. Finish lesson plans.
    7. Afternoon: Physical therapy. Grocery story - chicken for dinner! Elliptical. Park walk?
    8. Evening: Maybe some more writing. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery. Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Wed/Sat livestreams. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. S&F script work. Clois. Theater 2/8. Dentist 5/12. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Writing group 1/25 7P. Conf Tue 3/1. Start planning Saturday Seven for 2/5 6 PM. Yoga at library 1/29 10:00; then volunteering. Need to patch the flamingo dress. Where are my patches? Call DFCS about Medicaid; call lawyer after. Load dishwasher S/T/R eves.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 197.6

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for GR purchase list.
    2. E2: Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. Look into publishing and literacy doctoral programs.
    6. Medical: Dentist May 12. Oct 14 1p. PCP Apr 12 9:15. Therapy 1/26 10A and 2/24 4P. Ankle 9:30 2/7. PT 4p Mon/Fri
    7. Theater: Read play for discussion Feb 8 7P.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor. How to remove cement.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 10 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks. Horse stance for 5 breaths, tree for 10 breaths each leg.
    14. Summer: Organize photos with the family. Write Clois. Write Stuffy and Friends. Create blog posts for video lessons.
    15. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board? Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

WFTY: Focus. My chipped tooth is fixed! It feels weird though...
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - January 26
    Log all food 🙂
    1.5L of water 🙂
    Exercise 👿
    Gratitude journal 🙂

JFT - January 27
    Log all food
    1.5L of water
    Exercise
    Gratitude journal

Quick update tonight. It’s late. I’ll catch up tomorrow
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    About me:
    Highest known weight 262.2 lbs morbidly obese BMI
    Current weight: 240.0 lbs obese BMI
    Current loss: 22.2 lbs
    Goal weight: 149 lbs (113.2 lbs loss) for healthy BMI
    MrsHermit wrote: »

My habit goals for this year that I'm working on
    If streak is broken, start over (Saturdays are exempt)
    1) 6am up, Modeh Ani, 1 cup of tea, journal, do things 🌸
    2) don't eat until after exercise, exercise by 10am
    3)crafts after dinner
    4) dishes all done before bed 🌸🌸🌸🌸
    5) take some notes on saved vids/bookmarks, turn off devices and read
    6) 8pm floss and wash face, can have tea
    7) in bed: pray, read, crochet 🌸🌸🌸

JFT Thursday 1-27
    Seriously, get. up. 🌸
    journal
    exercise
    blog post?
    spackle
    clean
    find other thing
    pay.the.bills 🌸
    pack fragile 🌸
    pack the bedroom
    3 lists
    fruit crumble
    salad
    do habits 🌸

JFT Friday 1-28
    habits
    journal
    exercise
    cook
    laundry
    3 lists
    2 things for DH
    finish packing 1 bedroom, you can do it! (except closets, bathroom)
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member

JFT Thursday 27th Jan

Stay under maintenance I don't know
    Only one snack definitely more than one
    Foot exercises no
    Walk to the park...again

Another babysitting day.

Did badly yesterday. Although my meals were okay, I snacked too much, mindless eating due to stress. Grandson was pushing the boundaries a bit, and making it difficult for me to do a few urgent things regarding my mum. I'm constantly worrying about my mum, and I need to do some work on my holiday let and wondering if I should go or stay at home. I guess worrying doesn't help at all!

JFT Friday 28th Jan

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Back exercises
    Foot exercises
    Cook the meat in my fridge before it goes off