Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Shanklet2144
    Shanklet2144 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I’m new! Looking to make lasting life changes! Looking to get healthy and be serious about losing weight. So glad I found this app! I’m also looking for accountability friends! Send me a request!
  • Apparently I joined a few years ago, but just recommitted to using myfitnesspal today! I started OMAD at the first of the year and I'm down 18.4 lbs now. I'm here to track my food and hoping there is a way to view others food diaries for ideas?? Please tell me there is a way to do this! Thank you for your help in advance!
  • johnsoper6205
    johnsoper6205 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello all! Just joined up for a year of Premium.

I am excited to give MFP a go. I am coming from another app/program that I just canceled. Had good success with it, but the foods database, App crashes and abysmal support experience has led me here!

I am an avid cyclist and runner who has recently decided to loose the weight to get myself out of the "obese" risk category and eat healthier!
  • mwcorgilover
    mwcorgilover Posts: 5 Member
    Just starting ugh nervous and excited at same time

I can relate :-)
  • mwcorgilover
    katiya81 wrote: »
    Apparently I joined a few years ago, but just recommitted to using myfitnesspal today! I started OMAD at the first of the year and I'm down 18.4 lbs now. I'm here to track my food and hoping there is a way to view others food diaries for ideas?? Please tell me there is a way to do this! Thank you for your help in advance!

What is OMAD? I'm going to have to go ask Uncle Google!
  • mwcorgilover
    Hi everyone. I've used MFP before, but tracking is just not my thing. I do find electronic tracking way easier than paper though, so I'm going to give it another try. And tracking does help me significantly when it comes to accountability and trying to stay within a specific calorie goal. Good luck to us all!
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 171 Member
    katiya81 wrote: »
    Apparently I joined a few years ago, but just recommitted to using myfitnesspal today! I started OMAD at the first of the year and I'm down 18.4 lbs now. I'm here to track my food and hoping there is a way to view others food diaries for ideas?? Please tell me there is a way to do this! Thank you for your help in advance!

What is OMAD? I'm going to have to go ask Uncle Google!

One Meal A Day?
  • cherteal2021
    cherteal2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Trying to do fasting + tracking food + exercise. Interested in connecting with anyone else on a similar journey. Had 4 kids and looking to get back on a healthier weight range and fit my old clothes!
  • Hi All,

Just started and really excited. I'm from Rickmansworth (Ricky) in UK anyone else from my area?

Looking forward to my fitness journey.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 42,799 Member
    Welcome to MFP... I hope you all have great success on your journey :)
  • Jensc1512
    Jensc1512 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone! Been on MFP a while but never been on to the community before. Been back on Keto since 3rd Jan and lost 21lb so far. Got a way to go but am adamant I'm on it until I reach goal!
  • Rodeema
    Rodeema Posts: 9 Member
    branmart17 wrote: »
    Niteman3d wrote: »
    branmart17 wrote: »
    I have a question - Do I have to purchase the "premium" membership to log food and stuff?

No. Everything works for free, but I think you get some more flexibility with macros if you track them.

Thank you - maybe I was somewhere I was not supposed to be in the system, it had everything locked down. :neutral: Anyway, I finally got my breakfast, lunch and water logged.

Now to figure out how to sync my apple watch..... oh the learning curve - it will be worth it once I get all the things figured out.

Have you figured this out yet? Let us know if you did not and can probably help you. My iWatch works well with the app :)
  • miallbena8190
    miallbena8190 Posts: 29 Member
    Hi everyone, I haven’t been on here for a number of months and time to get back into it all. Happy to accept friends on here and motivate each other. I’m in Melbourne Aistralia, anyone else from Australia here as well? Happy to help anyone with motivation or shared stories. Ben
  • 1KiwiShellM
    1KiwiShellM Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Ben
  • Lucy_yay
    Lucy_yay Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all! just joined today this amazing MFP community!

long time ago I used MFP to loose a couple of pounds successfully. After a long hiatus, I'm back and ready to kick some butt :smiley:
    have a great day everyone!

• TinLicker77
    TinLicker77 Posts: 3 Member
    Good morning all. I am getting "re-started" here and would love to meet some folks who I can exchange encouragement, words of wisdom, etc. Please add me!
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    hey all just trying to get back into training
  • dmorton304
    dmorton304 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi joined yesterday, initial target of 3stone 13 loss. Looking for quick low calorie lunches tgat are filling
  • michellewale1977
    michellewale1977 Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hi all, was on here a long time ago for maintenance help but I’m back again now as I’ve gained, ugh. I’m a 44 year old female, from UK, vegetarian, 5 feet 1 inch and usually weigh 7 stone 5 pounds but I’ve gained 2 stone since Christmas. I started dieting Monday and plan to exercise 5 days a week for 20-30 minutes. Mfp has given me a 1200 calorie target (extra on workout days). It’s only Thursday but I’ve already lost 3 pounds and haven’t been hungry at all. Met all the nutrition goals too. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate each other :)
  • neffybetty
    neffybetty Posts: 26 Member
    Hello! would love to make some friends. I need to lose about 150lbs.