Options

Replies

• Chastityx
    Chastityx Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    And we probably paid for that research too
  • Dmbaker1974
    Options
    Well, I hate that was the topic, but unfortunately it may be true. There are a large number of women who are over weight that have low self esteem. They feel as they need to have sex to be liked or accepted. That's why believe if you have kids that are over weight, expescially girls. Teach them that they are beautiful and they should respect their body. Compliment them daily. I have a plus size daughter. I had to learn this the hard way.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    seems to me almost everyone gives it up pretty easily these days :laugh:

<<<<<<< old fogey

Please point me in the direction of these people... they're certainly not giving it up in my direction :ohwell:

check out the chit chat forum
  • roblow65
    roblow65 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    We should all e-mail a complaint to them! :angry:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Just another way of judging "bigger" people. I honestly do not believe your weight determines if you'll "give it up" on a first date or not. I think it depends on the person, their date, and such - NOT on their weight. It is ridiculous to me that people would base it on someone's weight, but...

If it were me, I would probably contact the radio station and let them know that after hearing this (I'm not so sure it is appropriate for radio?) you won't be listening to their station anymore.

I would disagree. It's not judging "bigger people". It's judging women. All of us. There is a bizarre tautology going on in all the media that men prefer easy girls, only they don't really, cos you wouldn't want to marry one, women are too fat...no, too thin...OMG SHE HAS CELLULITE!!!!!! Oh why can't we celebrate real women with CURVES....but only size 6 curves, of course, diet, don't diet, women should work and stop freeloading, mothers who work are the source of all evil in the world...............

The media basically hates women.
  • uhoh_billy
    Options
    I'm going to guess you live in the GTA in Ontario and were listening to The Edge?? Because I heard the same thing on the Dean Blundell show... lol
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Wow! Even if that were true. The radio station just belittled and put down women who are over weight and put them all in the same category of having a very low self esteem and easy to get in bed with. I would never listen to them either. They obviously didn't even think that more then likely having listeners who are overweight...Especially in this day in time when most people are overweight!
  • rockchick90
    Options
    OMG if anything bigger girls are less likely to give it up on the first date! I knew both my exs for months beforehand cos I was too worried about them seeing me naked cos I was big,
    cant believe they said that on the radio!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Oh. let me add. I worked in radio for 23 years as an "on air personality" and MOST morning shows (I was never on the morning show except to fill in) will do about anything for ratings. Howard Stern (gag) is the 'model' for most of these jokers. Writing in and complaining will do no good. you want to make a change....get their market (who are they aiming for 18-24 yr olds probably) to change their thinking then THEY will change the station and the morning idiots will go away. STOP supporting them and radio stations listen. For them, it is truly all about the ratings.

I agree. I *loved* one of the morning djs ( younger, in his late 20's) on a local radio station I listened to on the way to work in the AM. He was a self-professed high school band nerd and former fatty ( his words) [me too, except current fatty]. I loved him until the day he started making rude comments in passing on the air about fat people. Never listened to his show again & wrote the station about it.
  • Chastityx
    Options
    I'm going to guess you live in the GTA in Ontario and were listening to The Edge?? Because I heard the same thing on the Dean Blundell show... lol

no Houston, Texas. That's scary that it was more than one station
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I'm not being insensitive here, but these things are said because more often than not it's true to a certain degree. In today's society with body image being so heavily focused on, someone who views themselves as overweight and unattractive may love the attention from guys who are just looking to get laid. In the end it's two adult decisions. The radio station was simply bold enough to state it.

Don't take it personal, ignore it and enjoy some music.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I dont even know why you are wasting so much time discussing it...............their ratings must be down, so as obesity is rife it got you and I should think thousands of others listening and arguing.......I bet you listen to the radio station again just to see what other garbage they spout.....their marketing men have done their job !
  • HappyLuna
    Options
    This is why I avoid most media.
    You're giving the people who aired this the response they wanted, you're are talking about them. Just let it go over your head. Ranting about it won't make anything better. Just makes you feel worse. And the report might be diguesting, but its more your issues with yourself that are affecting you. Not the report.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

Just another way of judging "bigger" people. I honestly do not believe your weight determines if you'll "give it up" on a first date or not. I think it depends on the person, their date, and such - NOT on their weight. It is ridiculous to me that people would base it on someone's weight, but...

If it were me, I would probably contact the radio station and let them know that after hearing this (I'm not so sure it is appropriate for radio?) you won't be listening to their station anymore.

I would disagree. It's not judging "bigger people". It's judging women. All of us. There is a bizarre tautology going on in all the media that men prefer easy girls, only they don't really, cos you wouldn't want to marry one, women are too fat...no, too thin...OMG SHE HAS CELLULITE!!!!!! Oh why can't we celebrate real women with CURVES....but only size 6 curves, of course, diet, don't diet, women should work and stop freeloading, mothers who work are the source of all evil in the world...............

The media basically hates women.

Considering they mentioned "bigger" women -- I do believe it was a hit at bigger people and not just as women in general. But, that's just my opinion. You have yours.

As for the media bashing women - I couldn't care less what the media thinks is beautiful. I care about what *I* see in the mirror and couldn't care less if I'm as thin as the media thinks I should be. Who the hell cares?

I've been super thin and I've been heavy. I'm in the middle now and I've never been happier with me - pfft to what the media says.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Omg, speechless. Sounds like a Howard stern comment. Nasty.
  • Chastityx
    Options
    I dont even know why you are wasting so much time discussing it...............their ratings must be down, so as obesity is rife it got you and I should think thousands of others listening and arguing.......I bet you listen to the radio station again just to see what other garbage they spout.....their marketing men have done their job !

no, I won't listen to them again, I have three sons and I would rather them not be told to treat anyone as an object to be used or to take advantage of someone because of their lack of confidence.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful for iPod. Ever since I got one 6 years ago, i've stopped listening to the radio! They spout that crap just for ratings. Besides when I did listen to the radio I heard more commercials, yapping and the same songs over and over. I don't miss it.
  • mslh84
    mslh84 Posts: 180
    Options
    It seems like radio stations are allowed to publish any kind of filth they want. This is absolutely disgusting and degrading...anybody who would say such a thing should be shot. As a bigger woman...I know I would NEVER give it up on the first date, and that i'm too self-conscious to let anybody seem me naked unless I've been with them awhile...come on! SERIOUSLY!!! Do they even realize what they're saying....ugh...
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    You should get XM radio,great music and no idiots blabbing about the latest survey's.

^^^ I can never go back to listening to FM radio. Morning shows are the worst on FM. blech.
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree that a woman with lower self esteem will more likely let herself be used, not just in that situation, but in life ...
    [/quote]

You just gave me an epiphany! OMG you are so right! Thank you for writing what you did!
This discussion has been closed.