Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: When will I ever get off this plateau???? I have changed my food diary, I'm drinking more water, eating a variety of veggies and fruit....doing a bit more exercise and I keep my sodium intake under 2500, more days than not . We are going on 3 weeks into the Christmas challenge and I have yet to post a one pound loss:frown: If it sounds like I'm whining...well I am. Thanks, for letting me vent.

hang in there, hon, your new cals and exercise are just getting going... you seem to be on the right track for sure!
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It might just be the sodium. I reduced mine to 2000 so I could keep it in check. it was a huge issue for me. Keep up the good work. This does work. Stick with it, we are here for you.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Thanks, for letting me vent.
    You are welcome to vent anytime.

:flowerforyou:

Hang in there Robin!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: When will I ever get off this plateau???? I have changed my food diary, I'm drinking more water, eating a variety of veggies and fruit....doing a bit more exercise and I keep my sodium intake under 2500, more days than not . We are going on 3 weeks into the Christmas challenge and I have yet to post a one pound loss:frown: If it sounds like I'm whining...well I am. Thanks, for letting me vent.

You are doing all the right things - I think it's only a matter of time before that scale will start to move. Have you noticed your clothes becoming looser? Maybe you are getting slimmer, but building more muscle, so the scale is staying the same, but you are, in fact making progress? Just a thought. But I know how frustrating it is when we seem to be doing everything right, yet the scale won't budge. Hang in there!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options

hang in there, hon, your new cals and exercise are just getting going... you seem to be on the right track for sure!

tannyb has a point - at times like these measuring the inches really helps.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Paxetamore,Runninggirl,Gwen,Tannyb,Keri...And the rest of my MFP peeps .You are Truly Awesome !!! I thank you from the bottom of my :heart: for all your kind words, inspiration,and motivation. :drinker: You continually help me get through the rough spots and make the easy days evern better. I hope you know how very much it means to me to have you in my corner fighting with me and for me to win this battle.:flowerforyou: Hugs to you xxxx
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Hang in there Robin, I know it gets frustrating but you are doing the right things, and you have made changes, give your body some time to adjust. It will happen!!!!

HUGS!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Robin, I know it gets frustrating but you are doing the right things, and you have made changes, give your body some time to adjust. It will happen!!!!

HUGS!
    Thank you dfeledichuk, for your encouragment. I'm hanging in there. :grumble: I just had to vent. It gets so frustrating at times. You are doing an amazing job, btw, :smokin: Hugs back to you xxxxx. Beth
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Check in day!

Last week's challenge: walked 6 our of 7 days of walking. 6 out of 7 days of getting a full 8 hours of sleep each night. I know a 1.2lb loss is good progress, but right now it seems so slow...especially when I look back at my start weight of 192.5. Just feeling impatient.

I went through my closet and tried on some old jeans. New clothes to wear! That definitely felt like progress.

This week's challenge: More core exercises, wall push ups, Pilates planks, and ab work.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 191.6 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 190.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    [/quote]
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    lost another 1 lb this week
    SW - 164
    GW - 149 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 163 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 162 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 161 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

sorry i have not been posting much work has been super hectic and stressful, working very long hours.
    only exercised once this week, i will try and get back on track this week and eat properly and exercise more.
    xxx
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well done and good luck with your weigh in, i see some good results already
    It,s still Sunday here so i will up date in the morning. feel like it was a good week, Still not reaching my exercise goal, but come Friday I'll have no excuses as i have joined a 30DS challenge.
    Have got extra prepared for the coming week, made up two big pots of soup, 1 vegetable (if I add some chicken it will be a stew) & 1 tomato & basil( some of which i have saved for pasta sauce.).
    Now just have to do my fruit & salad prep, the ironing and i think i will do 30 minutes of your shape on the Xbox before the gang get back from the All Ireland celebrations.
    Thanks to all the ladies who post regularly i find your support, feedback and experiences very inspirational, i am a one fingered typist and this has taken almost 30 minutes, so i don't often post.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Check in day!

Last week's challenge: walked 6 our of 7 days of walking. 6 out of 7 days of getting a full 8 hours of sleep each night. I know a 1.2lb loss is good progress, but right now it seems so slow...especially when I look back at my start weight of 192.5. Just feeling impatient.

I went through my closet and tried on some old jeans. New clothes to wear! That definitely felt like progress.

This week's challenge: More core exercises, wall push ups, Pilates planks, and ab work.

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 191.6 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 190.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    [/quote]
    Came to check knowing some do Sunday weigh ins. Gwen you have lost more than it looks it is just the scale adjustment issue. You are doing great and it is easy to see why you are consistent and work hard not to mention you have thought things out well. Love your goals. I have this lower wall around our stairs down to the basement that I use for push ups. I haven't tried planks yet but heard they are great for the core. Congrats on the great progress and have a great week ahead.
    Keri
  • KeriA
    Options
    Beth I am hoping to see some progress soon. Venting is good and one thing that support groups are for I think.

curlyjayne congrats on the loss especially while being busy and take care with that stress.

samhradh I am impressed at your hard work and determination at making healthy food for the week. I have been sick and I finally just had to make my own vegetable soup since noone else was going to do it. It was great with lost of tomatoes (vitamin C). However it is almost gone. Every morning I think I am better but every evening not sure that I am. Went to the doctor yesterday finally and am on antibiotics. So hopefully soon I will be up and literally running. Thanks for working so hard to make you wonderful posts.
  • Tiamaria7
    Tiamaria7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi guys.
    i hope you've all had a successful week. having not lost any weight last week i'm happy to let you know i've managed one pound loss this week!!!!!! yay!!! i'm so pleased. good luck to my fellow over 40s. we can do this!!! one or two people have noticed i've lost weight which is nice but i'm hoping it becomes more obvious soon. although i've not had a great weight loss to date i can feel my clothes getting loose. i can't wait to lose more and buy new clothes. on another level; having gotten into the habit of eating better, taking regular exercise through dancing, cycling and walking the dog i'm really feeling stronger and that i have more energy. onwards and upwards.

Start weight - 156lbs
    CW - 147 lbs
    GW - 140lbs
    UGW - 133lbs

Week 2 – 149lbs (end Aug)
    Week 3 -149lbs (Sep 5)
    Week 4 – 148lbs (Sep 12)
    Week 5 – 147lbs (Sep 19) :smile:

GW for Christmas - 140lbs
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Check in day!

You are doing awesome your biggest loss so far! And what a great NSV... a new wardrobe you didn't have to go out and buy:wink:
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Well done and good luck with your weigh in, i see some good results already
    It,s still Sunday here so i will up date in the morning. feel like it was a good week, Still not reaching my exercise goal, but come Friday I'll have no excuses as i have joined a 30DS challenge.
    Have got extra prepared for the coming week, made up two big pots of soup, 1 vegetable (if I add some chicken it will be a stew) & 1 tomato & basil( some of which i have saved for pasta sauce.).
    Now just have to do my fruit & salad prep, the ironing and i think i will do 30 minutes of your shape on the Xbox before the gang get back from the All Ireland celebrations.
    Thanks to all the ladies who post regularly i find your support, feedback and experiences very inspirational, i am a one fingered typist and this has taken almost 30 minutes, so i don't often post.

Great job on the food prep.... wish I had time to do it!!! Great for you!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    curlyjane great job on the loss!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think my vacation did catch up with me a bit this week. But I still lost half a pound, so I'll take it.

I did get my water in everyday, well 8 glasses at least, but more like 10 and 12 the majority of the days (and even one 14 glass day!) I walked every day except Monday, and I ate more fruit and vegetables, but there is still a lot of room for improvement there.

For the next week, I want to get at least seven to eight hours of sleep per night, continue with the walking and drinking, try for more improvement on eating "real" as opposed to processed food, and try to find some new exercises to incorporate into my schedule.

Best of luck to everyone for a very successful week!

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 277 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Well good morning Europe, Good afternoon USA.

Still going the right direction, I am joining a 30DS challenge this week, to really push for extra toning, that will take me up to Halloween, I'm on a weeks holidays from work then. As nobody outside MFP land knows that I am on a mission to lose weight and get fit, The plan, is to return to work with a new wardrobe 3 sizes smaller than what I am wearing now. OK my current clothes are quite baggy but nobody has said a word yet.( I'm not bothered)

The old confident fun loving me is starting to return, I am not as low as I was earlier in the summer, so things are looking brighter, amazing when you put your mind to something you can drag your self up by the boot straps. As each day passes and I see what can be achieved on this site, I am truly inspired.

I believe that I will reach the weight goal I have set for myself in this challenge, which is half way to my ultimate goal.
    You Ladies have given me strength that I did not know I had, thank you from the bottom of my heart

Lets all keep going we will get there.

SW - 194
    GW - 174 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 194 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 192 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 189 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 187.8 (Sep 12) goal for coming week GET EXERCISE
    Week 5 - 186.2 (Sep 19) . DITTO get off your *kitten*, & go to bed by 10.30pm sod the housework.
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 204.6(Sep 19) loss of 2.1 lbs
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

challenges for this week.. to get more sleep!! I only average about 4 or 5hrs a night..need more than that! doing better on the water intakes.. still working on it to get past 8 glasses.