Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Well, after that long weekend away, eating out for three meals a day, I was amazed to have lost 3.1 at weigh-in on Saturday. I hope it doesn't catch up with me next week! I caught a bad cold on Thursday and have been under the weather since, plus it's TOM, so I have had a bit of trouble meeting some of my goals last week. Missed a couple of days with the water and walking. I think I stayed under in calories every day since I returned, but haven't been eating fresh fruits and veggies, since I haven't felt like grocery shopping or cooking. Been eating things like Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines, etc. for supper. So for the next week I would like to drink at least 10 glasses of water per day, walk 6 out of 7 days, and eat more real food and less processed food.

Thanks to everyone for continued support. I've read all the posts and everyone continues to inspire me. I apologize for not responding to everyone's individual posts, I applaud those of you that take the time to do that, I just don't know how you do it! I appreciate everyone's continued support and encouragement. This is a GREAT group!!!

Great for you, losing while away that is awesome... and getting back in the swing of things will only keep up those great results!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Well, No change for me this week. I didn't lose anything...but...I didn't gain either. I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I went over on my calories for the first time...Not sure how that feels. :sad: :indifferent: :grumble: Next week I will work on my water again. It is getting much easier now.:drinker: I plan to just suck it up and get some more exercise next week. I'll make sure I have plenty of Tylenol on hand. Thank you all for your support. I couldn't do it without you.:wink: Good Luck to everyone for the coming week !!!

Hopefully changing up the diet will show on the scale soon.... fingers crossed for you!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Weird. I'm doing less exercise, but not eating more, but gained a pound. High stress week. I actually ate breakfast at 5 pm., to be honest. Considering how much stress I'm under, I'll give my goal for the week a pass. But I need to up the water and exercise 3 times a week. And I'm going to buy a pedometer to do the 10,000 steps. It's easy to track and I need something quick on the go. And watermelon season is ending, so I know that's going by the wayside. Sorry folks. But I've got a friend's husband dying and kids shuttling around and their homework keeping them up with me til 10 p.m.. Once the school work pattern is established I can focus again -I hope.

No worries we are all trying to get back in the swing of things. Sorry to hear about your friend's husband that must be very stressful. HUGS to you.
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Frustrating to say the least! Eating my calories, working out enough, strenght training, and still no lbs loss. The scale is all over the place. I'm thinking it's water that my body is holding onto... once that goes then the lbs will drop. In the meantime, still gotta guzzle the water and keep getting my excercises and walking in!! Good job to everyone ith weight losses!!!

I am in the same pattern you are, like you too I am trying to force down that water! Fingers crossed for both of us!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    I held off a day hoping I would lose since Tuesday tends to be my best day for weight loss and I still hadn't lost after 3 weeks. Well I lost 0.8 lbs. But I will have to step up my pace to make my Christmas Goal. I did adjust my calorie goal down a bit recently since I had lost another 10 pounds when I went below 230. I forgot to do that until earlier. Here are last weeks goals.
    1. drink more than 8 glasses of water a day - most days I did ,10 being the best.
    2. make healthy meals at home – I made some progress but job interviews sort of threw me off on this goal.
    3. start adding weight training in – I didn’t have a chance to make headway this week on this.
    4. don't miss Zumba this week! - I had an job interview during Zumba class time and I learned later it was cancelled anyway.
    So to summarize I want to continue to start into a healthy fall schedule starting this week. Now that my calories are lower I want to check that I have 3 veggies and 2 fruit a day (protein isn't usually a problem). Last fall when I lost the most I also started to get colds so I do not want that to happen. I wan't feeling well last night or early this morning but actually feel fine now. So I will add
    5. get enough sleep
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 229.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 229.0 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

Hooray for you... moving off the plateau!!!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Aloha,

This week I plan to have "Linner" Lunch/Dinner and just have a salad in the evening. I need to "change up" my routine because i have been on a plateau for over a month. Also add AM exercise 3 x per week to my daily PM exercises.

Success to All! Maui Sue

Linner sounds like a great strategy will be interesting to see how it works! Fingers crossed for you!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    This morning I didn't have time to read all the posts so I am back.

Sherrill, Runninggirl, Leila, Sabrina, dfeledichuk sports2mom samhradh kbirk tiamaria maisie tanny Congrats on the loss
    Paxetemore I decided no alcohol last weekend and then my brother brought a special beer back from Europe and that did it for my resolve. I have stayed away from it otherwise. I just don’t have the calories.
    Pangui yes vacation pounds seem to go pretty well you will be on-track soon. I agree vacations should be a part of our new life.
    I am really impressed with everyone's goals especially some of the one's who didn't get a loss. I don't think you will take 3 weeks to show one like I did.

Have a great week everyone. Mine continues to be a bit patchy with lots of unpredicable issues such as I think I am coming down with something. So I skiped my walk/run today. At least I stayed under on calories which is harder now that they are lower. Have a great week all.
    Keri
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198(Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 21)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 28)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 5)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 12)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 19)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 26)
    Week 12 - xxx (Nov 2)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 9)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 16)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 23)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 30)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 7)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 14)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 21)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

I seem to be going in the wrong direction and I have no idea what I am doing wrong :( Hopefully I'll figure it out in time....
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I seem to be going in the wrong direction and I have no idea what I am doing wrong :( Hopefully I'll figure it out in time....
    Hi Squirkie, I peeked at your diary, but you haven't been logging for awhile! The days you did log, I notice your sodium is pretty high. Maybe some of the weight is plain old water retention. Beginner steps, drink your 8 glasses of water and log your food. :drinker:

Gwen
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hi Squirkie, I peeked at your diary, but you haven't been logging for awhile! The days you did log, I notice your sodium is pretty high. Maybe some of the weight is plain old water retention. Beginner steps, drink your 8 glasses of water and log your food. :drinker:

Gwen

Nice observation Gwen, sodium can really cause havoc if it is making your retain water.
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    after reading all the reviews about 30 day shred I finally purchased
    a copy.
    I was really inspired by all the success stories I read on this board.
    So 2 days in I am hurting more from this than from my runs.

My mini goal is 145 by october 10th . I am traveling for a business meeting.
    I have not seen these people in over a year .
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    a copy.

Best of luck, I need to look at getting it too... I am going to have to do something inside once it starts getting cold here. Let me know how it works for you.
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gwen and dfeledichuk for the advice. I hadn't paid any attention to my sodium intake when I know I should have.
    That will be my new goal for the week. Watch my sodium intake and/or at least drink my 8 glasses of water.
  • _gwen
    Options
    a copy.

Best of luck, I need to look at getting it too... I am going to have to do something inside once it starts getting cold here. Let me know how it works for you.
    I just checked out a copy of the 30 day shred from the library. Try before you buy... :wink:

I :heart: the library.
  • _gwen
    Options
    Thanks Gwen and dfeledichuk for the advice. I hadn't paid any attention to my sodium intake when I know I should have.
    That will be my new goal for the week. Watch my sodium intake and/or at least drink my 8 glasses of water.
    I'm glad you found the suggestion helpful. After four weeks of consistently 8+ glasses per day, I can really tell the water is making a difference, even my skin looks better. Now, I can even drink water in the evening and not have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. The first week was rough! But then again, I got lots of extra activity in with all the trips to the bathroom. :laugh:
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Gwen I love it. I hear that your body gets used to the increased water after a while. I too have been better with the water lately and it is showing on the scale. Can't wait for next weeks check in to report. I have been not feeling well so the exercise has been null for the last few days. Since my calories are lower it hard to make it with no exercise. Yesterday I finally drank 14 glasses of water which is what I have calculated for my weight. Last time I drank that much I lost 4 lbs this time only 0.6 lbs but I will take it.

Good luck everyone with 30 day shred and let us know how it goes.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Weird. I'm doing less exercise, but not eating more, but gained a pound. High stress week. I actually ate breakfast at 5 pm., to be honest. Considering how much stress I'm under, I'll give my goal for the week a pass. But I need to up the water and exercise 3 times a week. And I'm going to buy a pedometer to do the 10,000 steps. It's easy to track and I need something quick on the go. And watermelon season is ending, so I know that's going by the wayside. Sorry folks. But I've got a friend's husband dying and kids shuttling around and their homework keeping them up with me til 10 p.m.. Once the school work pattern is established I can focus again -I hope.

Ugh! Yes! The homework is getting to me too. I only have a 2nd and 3rd grader, so the work is real simple, but if the kids get frustrated, it's pure torture. I hope this can become routine soon too.

It sounds like you need to find a way to relax. Stress can reak havok on your body.

I am so sorry for what your friend is going through. She is lucky to have your support.
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    a copy.

I also started 30 Day Shred this week!!!!! :laugh: Jillian :devil: definitely kicks your butt!!!!!:noway: However, I absolutely love the intervals between cardio and weights, with the various workouts (push-ups, crunches, etc.)!!!!:love: I must be honest....As I was working out I was also cursing her out!!!!!!! :tongue:

I was unable to finish 30 Day Shred back in March due to my surgery. The first time I did it my legs killed me!!:noway: I could barely squat down to sit on the toliet!!!!! :grumble: This time I noticed pain more in my arms and chest!!! I guess my upper body strength is not so great!!! I was feeling the pain after the first day!!!!

I have also heard so many people talk about the results they've had so, I thought I would give it a try!!!!! Keep me posted on how you'r doing!!! :bigsmile: Best of luck to you!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    TGIF....strayed from good eating choices a few times this week. Not going to worry about it, I'm still hitting the gym, and they have been in my allowance. For instance today I ate tator tots. Mind you I had to cook 6 cases of them to serve 700 kids. So eating only about 9-15 tots was pretty good :laugh: I make a mean crispy tot in the oven :love:

Boot camp tonight was great. Warm up was running around the outside of the building twice. It seems to be getting easier for me. I may finally be learning how to pace myself and breathe correctly. I really enjoy that class, it's always different. Today we were flipping the tire, riding the spin bike, all types of weight lifting etc. I leave the class always feeling sweaty and looking forward to the next one. :bigsmile:

So off to cook a healthy hearty dinner. :drinker: Have a great weekend !! I hope everyone's stresses decrease.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: When will I ever get off this plateau???? I have changed my food diary, I'm drinking more water, eating a variety of veggies and fruit....doing a bit more exercise and I keep my sodium intake under 2500, more days than not . We are going on 3 weeks into the Christmas challenge and I have yet to post a one pound loss:frown: If it sounds like I'm whining...well I am. Thanks, for letting me vent.