Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• dlperry65
    Options
    Back home, but still settling in. Have not had time to read all the posts, will do so soon. Did have a small gain :sad: , but hope to have it gone by next weigh in. Keep moving forward everyone.

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 168.4 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - 190- (Dec 25)

No change in challenges, still working on that pesk;y water problem:drinker: !
  • MakingProgress
    Options
    I can't find my last weigh in thing ... so I guess I'll recreate it here. :-D

SW - 270
    GW - 250 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 270 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 269.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 266.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - (Travelling) (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 264 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

Six pounds lost so far, and I should be happy about it, but in reality I'm a bit irritated. While I was travelling, I walked a TON every day, the food was horrible, so I didn't eat nearly like I normally would (but still ate enough) - mostly salads for lunch, reasonable dinners and breakfasts. Lots of water. When I got back home on Saturday, the scale said 259, but when I hopped on yesterday, it said 264. And today it was 264 again, so ... 264 it is.

Still, I look and feel better, even if it was a small-ish loss. I should be happy, so why am I not? :-\
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Now is your chance to show MFP your appreciation, please vote to make this site number 1.

http://lifehacker.com/5841439/five-best-fitness-tracking-web-sites-and-services

Quite pleased with self day one 30DS done, only mild warmth in muscles hope i did it right.!!!
    voting done

Great job Samhradh on the 30DS!
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Nothing lost to report here. I blame it on the carbs. I ate a load of bread this week. I had gotten rolls from a local bakery and must have ate one every time I walked by them in the kitchen. :laugh: they are soooo good. Nothing gained either ... but I had a great NSV this week. :drinker:

I was photographing my daughter's Rugby game Saturday from the sidelines. ( she's away at college and I haven't seen her in 3 weeks ) When the play stopped, she yelled " Hey Momma.... looking good !! " and gave me a thumbs up blushing bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile How awesome is that ??? I was on cloud nine for the rest of the day.

I love the carbs too! Great NSV from your daughter!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Yikes! I will not give up. I continue to play games with my scale. friday I was 168.8 today--171+. this is driving me insane. Walked 4+ miles yesterday for training. Well--going to stick to it! this week: 1. 8+ water glasses, 2. 3 or more good walks, 3. no wine til weekend, 4. continue tracking. Congrats to those showing progress! I admire you!1 Good week--Suzann

I fluctuate lots too.. I think it is water.
  • dlperry65
    Options
    OOPS! Put weight in the wrong week! Forgot I lost a week while in San Diego.

Such an inspiring group to be part of! Love reading the posts. Inspires me to want to do more.

SW - 171
    GW - 150(Dec 25)

Week 1 - 169.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 167.2 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 166.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - XXX (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 168.4 (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx- (Dec 25)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:smile: Congratulations to those of you who had a great week !!! As for me...still nothing. I know it is Tuesday...just couldn't bring myself to post yesterday:huh: Getting rather annoyed now :grumble: I am still trying to do better my water intake. Seems I manage to drink far more coffee than anything. This week I will try to set a limit on that and bump the water up. Exercise was a little better last week. I'm working on that again this week too. Good luck to everyone ! Some of you are doing amazing things with your weight loss !!! :drinker:

SW - 209
    GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - 203 (Sep 19) ...And my Anniversary !
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25) Well
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:smile: Congratulations to those of you who had a great week !!! As for me...still nothing. I know it is Tuesday...just couldn't bring myself to post yesterday:huh: Getting rather annoyed now :grumble: I am still trying to do better my water intake. Seems I manage to drink far more coffee than anything. This week I will try to set a limit on that and bump the water up. Exercise was a little better last week. I'm working on that again this week too. Good luck to everyone ! Some of you are doing amazing things with your weight loss !!! :drinker:

Happy Anniversary,
    Just hang in there Beth, I'm no expert, your food looks healthy to me, I think the water helps so good goal to get more in, Gwen made a suggestion to drink a glass of water for every cup of coffee, so maybe while the kettle is boiling have a water.
    Don't get annoyed with yourself, stay positive, and I'm sure the results will follow.
    Sam
  • clsalmon
    clsalmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I know it's Wednesday... I weighed myself Monday, but was so disappointed I didn't even want to admit that I hadn't budged. But, after reading all your posts this morning, I realized that I was doing one of my famous "I'm feeling sorry for myself and I'm sure I'm the ONLY one one Earth struggling this week" moments. Of course, I was reminded that we're all in this together - at this age, we've experienced so many of the same things in our struggles to maintain a healthy body and a healthy attitude.

So - WAY TO GO to everyone for last week's efforts. Whether your scale showed a gain, a loss or a maintain - we all succeeeded at SOMETHING, even it was only an NSV! My NSV is that my (almost daily) slow, relaxing stretches has strengthened my back to the point where I feel pretty confident being able to do exercise again. DH and I golfed on Saturday - I ached something awful on Sunday, but by Monday I was feeling good again! Not too long ago, that would have been a 2 week recovery! This weekend, I'm going to set up the volleyball net and help DD with her serving skills which means I'll be chasing balls all over the yard - what fun I'll have!!! :happy:

SW: 194
    CW: 188.5
    Christmas Challenge Goal Weight: 165
    Wk 1 (8/22) – 194.0
    Wk 2 (8/29) – 190.2
    Wk 3 (9/5) – 187.8
    Wk 4 (9/12) – 188.2
    Wk 5 (9/19) – 188.5

Have a great day, everyone! ~Christine
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Happy anniversary Beth!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options

So - WAY TO GO to everyone for last week's efforts. Whether your scale showed a gain, a loss or a maintain - we all succeeeded at SOMETHING, even it was only an NSV! My NSV is that my (almost daily) slow, relaxing stretches has strengthened my back to the point where I feel pretty confident being able to do exercise again. DH and I golfed on Saturday - I ached something awful on Sunday, but by Monday I was feeling good again! Not too long ago, that would have been a 2 week recovery! This weekend, I'm going to set up the volleyball net and help DD with her serving skills which means I'll be chasing balls all over the yard - what fun I'll have!!! :happy:

That does sound like fun!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Drumroll... please!!! As a group we have lost 113lbs already that is one short person.. (LOL I am 5'6" I will never be 113 but if you were 5'2" you might be)... lets see if we can loss a big burly 200lb guy by mid october!
  • _gwen
    Options
    Arrgh! This lawsuit I'm dealing with is really dragging me down. I keep thinking, "you know, I could do some emotional eating. It might make me feel better in the moment. On the other hand, I'll lose all that progress I've made so far, and that will make me feel worse."

I'm aware that I have an impulse to eat to feel better emotionally, but I also know that is a habit that I need to break. Blah. I'm sitting here with this feeling of being annoyed and I don't know how to redirect it.

Maybe I'll go drink some more water and meditate. :ohwell:
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Arrgh! This lawsuit I'm dealing with is really dragging me down. I keep thinking, "you know, I could do some emotional eating. It might make me feel better in the moment. On the other hand, I'll lose all that progress I've made so far, and that will make me feel worse."

I'm aware that I have an impulse to eat to feel better emotionally, but I also know that is a habit that I need to break. Blah. I'm sitting here with this feeling of being annoyed and I don't know how to redirect it.

Maybe I'll go drink some more water and meditate. :ohwell:

Hang in there Gwen, so are so in touch with your reasons for the bad choices, I don't know what to suggest for you, what is working for me at the moment is a whole raw carrot it takes so long to munch through it that my mood usually has changed by the time I'm finished.
    if you can take a short break from work even just 5 minutes to get some fresh air, then come back and hit it with all you got.
    good luck.
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be test of willpower! I am at the business meeting for the week, the guys (and I mean all men) decided to get pizza for lunch. The receptionist is getting me a salad, but I have not been around pizza in almost 4 months. This is going to be tough.
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be test of willpower! I am at the business meeting for the week, the guys (and I mean all men) decided to get pizza for lunch. The receptionist is getting me a salad, but I have not been around pizza in almost 4 months. This is going to be tough.

I know you can do it !! Just think of all the greasy meat toppings churning up in your stomach ruining all your good efforts. :noway: Sometimes I cave in on something and am disappointed because it doesn't taste as good as I remembered. Then I'm kicking myself. Of coarse you can cut a small bite off just to taste it, but keep on with the salad.... I personally love salad, and when I hit the local Mighty Taco with the kids, I have a chicken taco salad ( no chips ) and it's really good. :bigsmile:

Or instead of focusing on the negative all morning, IF you just can't say no, have a piece.,,, eat it really slow, enjoy every bite and work out an extra 10 mins. today Life is too short to beat ourselves up all the time. You're doing really well, and if you only eat pizza once every 4 months, that's a great accomplishment in itself. Just think....only 3 times a year. :bigsmile: now sing along......." Always look at the bright side of life " la la....la la la la la la
  • _gwen
    Options
    Yesterday was definitely a roller coaster for me. Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. Did just fine food and water wise. I ended up taking a nap after work, and that calmed me down about the lawsuit. Got in a bit more exercise in the evening cleaning out the garage for the new chest freezer that arrives today. Watch out Costco!

This morning was my mid-week weight check - not official, just seeing how things are going. 190.0! 180's you are so close!

And, the best news of all, last night I was contacted by a recruiter for a local software company about a permanent full-time job!!! I do contract work right now, so I'm effectively always looking for work. Something permanent would take a load off my mind. I don't usually 'squee' about something, but ... SQUEE!!!!!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    And, the best news of all, last night I was contacted by a recruiter for a local software company about a permanent full-time job!!! I do contract work right now, so I'm effectively always looking for work. Something permanent would take a load off my mind. I don't usually 'squee' about something, but ... SQUEE!!!!!

Congratulations! I hope it turns into a great job offer.

And I just got one of those freezers for my garage too!
  • Squirkie
    Squirkie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on the forum in awhile and my weigh-in date is soooo behind everyone else's. Please forgive me for being so tardy. I think I'll weigh-in on Mondays with everyone else and post then use my other weigh-in at work to keep me in check :-).
    Maybe that will help me make some progress :-)

Anyway, here we go...

SW - 200
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 198(Aug 24)
    Week 2 - 199 (Aug 31)
    Week 3 - 200.4 (Sep 7)
    Week 4 - 202 (Sep 14)
    Week 5 - 199.8 (Sep 22)

New fitness goal - move my body!!!!!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Yesterday was definitely a roller coaster for me. Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. Did just fine food and water wise. I ended up taking a nap after work, and that calmed me down about the lawsuit. Got in a bit more exercise in the evening cleaning out the garage for the new chest freezer that arrives today. Watch out Costco!

This morning was my mid-week weight check - not official, just seeing how things are going. 190.0! 180's you are so close!

See one day it is blah! The next day is awesome and you survived the blah day! Goof for you! 180 here you come!