Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• dlperry65
    Options
    No check in this week weight wise. Out of town and no scale available. Just hope to not gain.
    Keep up the hard work everyone.
  • lowridershank
    lowridershank Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    May not have done too well thisweek, but I think........ what would I had done this week if I didnt have MFP. It would have been much worse. Goals are to to continue with water which is getting easier by the day. I notice my kids are drinking more water too and that is very nice to see. I will have to find some tasty, healthy low calorie meals to serve for supper that my hubby and kiddos would like and not know that it is good for you.

SW - 183
    GW - 163
    Week 1 – 182.2 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 – 181.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 181.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 – 182.0 (Sep 12)
  • dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Everyone is making great progress!

I'm interested to see what the groups collective weight loss will be by Christmas. Probably the equivalent to a couple grown men by the looks of it!.

I sure hope so!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    No check in this week weight wise. Out of town and no scale available. Just hope to not gain.
    Keep up the hard work everyone.

Thanks for the update.... enjoy your week away!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options

WOW!!!!!! TEN POUNDS.....absolutely FLAB-YOU-LESS!!!!! :love: That is wonderful!!!!!! I am so proud of you!!! You are doing fantastic!! Thanks for putting together this challenge and also for taking the time to encourage and motivate each and every one of us!!!!!! :flowerforyou: You are one amazing lady!!!! :drinker:

Thank you:blushing:
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    GRRRR, I had a gain this week!!! so frustrating since I weighed on Saturday and it said 155.6. Goal this week is to drink more water and hit the gym 3x's...zumba classes!!! I have been slacking on the gym part the last few weeks because I've had to work OT. Back at it this week. : )

Just need to get back at it. I know I have been working tons so I have been getting up at 5am to walk as I have no other time right now. You can do it.
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hi,
    This will be quick, not much time to post.

Today's weight is 201, down a few, but still up from my initial weigh-in.

This weeks goal is to drink more water than Diet Pepsi!

Have a good week everyone!

Thanks for the check in!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Only lost 0.3 pounds this week but to date have lost 6 pounds and am now 149! Challenges for me this week is to continue my water intake and excercise 4 times this week.

That is great the scale is still going in the right direction
  • dfeledichuk
    Options

I did really well walking five times this week, almost every walk was over an hour long! So I am very happy with that. I pretty much stayed within calories everyday however I did not manage to lose any weight this week! GRRRRR. Not sure what is wrong, but I did eat more processed food then I have been. That is something I need to watch more closely each week. I know that I am eating better and staying around 1500 calories each day. I have been walking most days of the week and honestly I just FEEL better. So even if the scale does not show it, I know I am making some progress in my quest to get healthy. It is not a race and I have accepted it is going to take quite awhile to lose the 45lbs I have left to go!

Sometimes it can be the sodium in the processed food causing water retention, just an idea. Great job though maintaining is good too!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hiya Everyone - You are all doing fabulous - I managed to drink my 8 glasses of water every day last week
    This week my challenge is to go to the gym at least 3 times this week
    Good luck to everyone on their own personal challenges :flowerforyou:

My start weight is 88,3kg - 194lbs
    CW 77.0kg - 169lbs

Week 3 - 169 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 169 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    GW for Chirstmas - 67.0kg 147lbs

Great goal on getting to the gym this week!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options

thought i'd been quite good this week re diet and exercise but having checked my diary - the proof is there! i'd been over in my calorie intake almost every day. i took the time last night to look at the meals or days where i did well and put a 2 week menu plan together which i hope will help me. i'll keep you all posted!
    have a good week everyone. i'm gonna stick with my (planned) meals, down some serious amounts of water and get out and exercise; even if it's walking the dog. it's getting colder, darker and tonight we're experiencing gale winds..........oh heck this is not going to be easy........................but what's the alternative!. onwards and upwards!
    same time, same place, next week! good luck.

Great for you... I am so in awe when any can do meal planning. I sure can't!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hi managed to lose 1lb this week but didn't make my goals so keeping the same this week
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water plus per day
    2. Not to snack when up at night feeding the baby (should be easier as he is starting to sleep longer at nights :happy:)

Great job on the loss!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Hi guys--not a great week. Have to get more walking in. My goal this week is to walk 3 times and up my water!
    No parties, dinners out planned so should be an easier week! Be good! Suzann

Good luck with having a great week!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    May not have done too well thisweek, but I think........ what would I had done this week if I didnt have MFP. It would have been much worse.

Now that is a great attitude and an awesome perspective! Good for you!
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, after that long weekend away, eating out for three meals a day, I was amazed to have lost 3.1 at weigh-in on Saturday. I hope it doesn't catch up with me next week! I caught a bad cold on Thursday and have been under the weather since, plus it's TOM, so I have had a bit of trouble meeting some of my goals last week. Missed a couple of days with the water and walking. I think I stayed under in calories every day since I returned, but haven't been eating fresh fruits and veggies, since I haven't felt like grocery shopping or cooking. Been eating things like Smart Ones and Lean Cuisines, etc. for supper. So for the next week I would like to drink at least 10 glasses of water per day, walk 6 out of 7 days, and eat more real food and less processed food.

Thanks to everyone for continued support. I've read all the posts and everyone continues to inspire me. I apologize for not responding to everyone's individual posts, I applaud those of you that take the time to do that, I just don't know how you do it! I appreciate everyone's continued support and encouragement. This is a GREAT group!!!

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 281 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 278 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    SW - 209
    GW - 185 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 207 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 204 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 203 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 203 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25) Well, No change for me this week. I didn't lose anything...but...I didn't gain either. I'm still trying to figure it out. I think I went over on my calories for the first time...Not sure how that feels. :sad: :indifferent: :grumble: Next week I will work on my water again. It is getting much easier now.:drinker: I plan to just suck it up and get some more exercise next week. I'll make sure I have plenty of Tylenol on hand. Thank you all for your support. I couldn't do it without you.:wink: Good Luck to everyone for the coming week !!!
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SW - 184
    GW - 145Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160 (September 5)
    Week 4 - 161 (September 12)
    Weird. I'm doing less exercise, but not eating more, but gained a pound. High stress week. I actually ate breakfast at 5 pm., to be honest. Considering how much stress I'm under, I'll give my goal for the week a pass. But I need to up the water and exercise 3 times a week. And I'm going to buy a pedometer to do the 10,000 steps. It's easy to track and I need something quick on the go. And watermelon season is ending, so I know that's going by the wayside. Sorry folks. But I've got a friend's husband dying and kids shuttling around and their homework keeping them up with me til 10 p.m.. Once the school work pattern is established I can focus again -I hope.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    GW - 180 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 208.1 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 208.1 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 206.7 (Sep 5) .loss of 1.3 lbs
    Week 4 - 206.7 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Frustrating to say the least! Eating my calories, working out enough, strenght training, and still no lbs loss. The scale is all over the place. I'm thinking it's water that my body is holding onto... once that goes then the lbs will drop. In the meantime, still gotta guzzle the water and keep getting my excercises and walking in!! Good job to everyone ith weight losses!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I held off a day hoping I would lose since Tuesday tends to be my best day for weight loss and I still hadn't lost after 3 weeks. Well I lost 0.8 lbs. But I will have to step up my pace to make my Christmas Goal. I did adjust my calorie goal down a bit recently since I had lost another 10 pounds when I went below 230. I forgot to do that until earlier. Here are last weeks goals.
    1. drink more than 8 glasses of water a day - most days I did ,10 being the best.
    2. make healthy meals at home – I made some progress but job interviews sort of threw me off on this goal.
    3. start adding weight training in – I didn’t have a chance to make headway this week on this.
    4. don't miss Zumba this week! - I had an job interview during Zumba class time and I learned later it was cancelled anyway.
    So to summarize I want to continue to start into a healthy fall schedule starting this week. Now that my calories are lower I want to check that I have 3 veggies and 2 fruit a day (protein isn't usually a problem). Last fall when I lost the most I also started to get colds so I do not want that to happen. I wan't feeling well last night or early this morning but actually feel fine now. So I will add
    5. get enough sleep
    SW - 231
    GW - 210 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 229.8 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 229.8 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 229.8 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 229.0 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Aloha,

This week I plan to have "Linner" Lunch/Dinner and just have a salad in the evening. I need to "change up" my routine because i have been on a plateau for over a month. Also add AM exercise 3 x per week to my daily PM exercises.

Success to All! Maui Sue

SW - 212 lbs (2006)
    MFP SW 192 (4/4/11-MFP)
    CW_ 172
    GW 142 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 – 172.5 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 173 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 – 172 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 172(Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 – xxx (Oct 3)