NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Sorry about the work drama but good for you for sticking up for yourself. I totally forgot it was St. Patrick's Day yesterday until I sat down at 9 pm and flipped on the news and saw everyone wearing green. :grin:

@cbabie You do have so much to live for and accomplish! Try to focus on that more than what isn't working. Give yourself credit for all the good you are doing. I think we tend to magnify our struggles and stumbles and downplay what we are doing right.

Good morning everyone! I'm just checking in before starting another busy day. This week has been tough. Joe has really struggled with his broken body and this second round of chemo. We have an oncology appointment for blood work and the rest of the day will be spent cleaning my house. My eating has been so so and needs to get better for sure. I'm working out when I can and just taking life day by day. :)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, Went on a bike ride this morning..stress ate lunch. PB sandwich...my fall back. The good news is that when I thought I was WAY over in fat grams, I wasn't.. I used whipping cream tracking vs whipped cream...way less fat calories. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry that your DH is struggling..no one likes to NOT feel good. I pray he does better after his appointment. yes it's okay to take life day by day,...if not then I am in BIG trouble. LOL

@trooworld So sorry to hear about the PTSD and yet I am so happy to hear it's not stopping your life and hope and dreams and that you handled your boss with professionalism. That shows your true character and hers. LOL. You have so much inner strength.

@roz0810 Congrats on the loss, you're doing great.

Cbabie
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @trooworld ah that makes sense aha no worries. got the phone sorted. was too tired to stop for a drink. we just wanted to get home but I had a hot chocolate with friends in the morning.

@cbabie thank you ❤️
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    13/03: 269.6
    18/03: 264.8
    19/03: 262.8
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks! Well, with everything going on with you and Joe, I don't blame you for forgetting! I'm sorry it's been a tough week I hope this next week is better. Hugs.

@cbabie I wonder if "whipping cream" is actually "heavy whipping cream"? Just a thought. Yay for a bike ride! The PTSD used to stop my life. I struggled with it for years but thankfully it's better now. Thank you, I'm trying!

@roz0810 I hope you had fun with your friends and the hot chocolate. Congrats on another loss!

Hello all. Things were better yesterday. I got things sorted out at work at the end of the day but before that, it was okay. We had homemade pizza for dinner and I had 2 small pieces + a nice big salad. I've never made that choice before, it's always been 4 pieces of pizza no salad. I also did a walking video yesterday morning. I drank enough water. I'm not tracking right now, I will start soon. It was too depressing while I was eating so poorly. I think I will track today.

Water yesterday: 50 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @trooworld Yaaay on your weight loss.

@cbabie Didn't they change the WW community to Connect. That's why we had to leave because they were doing away with our board? Maybe I'm getting confused with another site I'm on. lol I didn't like the Connect part. I agree with @trooworld Whipping cream is different than whipped cream. I use alot of whipping cream in my cooking. Did you eat it on a dessert? I think of whipped cream like Cool Whip, Dream Whip, Reddi-Whip in the can. I love that stuff. I can just squirt it in my mouth.

@roz0810 You're doing well. Keep it up

@teresaw1020 I forgot it was St Patty's day too. I saw an Instagram post of my son somewhere in Des Moines and everything was green. Then read the caption and I thought oh yeah. chicago is the best when they turn the river green. I wonder what people do in Ireland? Sorry about Joe. This part is the hardest I think. It's why my mom chose not to do it again when her cancer came back.

So I'm going to leave tomorrow with my daughter on a short trip to London. So I won't be checking in I don't think. I don't know the WiFi situation over there.

I've only been half tracking this week. My dd has been all topsy turvy. She will be returning home when we get back cause she has to go back to work. Then I'll get to work on my body and dive into transitioning to my new meal plan. My only plan while I'm gone is to eat scones. Lots of scones. Oh and fish and chips. Real fish and chips. I think that's all I want to try.
  • cbabie
    Options
    afternoon all, I took baby girl to the Children's museum here in town and now I am home with a headache...dehydrated...I am sure..But we are laying down watching the Bee movie..It leaves Netflix end of March...I may have to buy it..UGH..

@trooworld I am so glad you figured work out and yea on the change in pizza night. LOL. PSTD is the worst I think..well not sure, I had severe chronic non stop pain in my leg for months...I wanted to die. FINALLY found a Doctor who knew what to do and I think God knew I was on my last leg..LOL. Yes whipping cream I picked was the heavy whipping cream..

@theslightedgeforever Yes been eating cool whip (generic) with my ice cream...LOL

Cbabie

• cbabie
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever PS I forgot to comment on the WW, yes that is why we started this board..didn't like the new connect..

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you! London...how exciting! I hope you have fun. Yes, scones and fish and chips are a must!

@cbabie I'm so sorry you have a headache, I hope you feel better by the time you read this. I bet baby girl loved the children's museum. They have a good one here, too. I went to a wedding at it once, that was the best wedding I have ever been to. Severe chronic pain in the leg sounds awful! Heavy whipping cream...that works, it's the same thing as whipped cream! :D

Hi all. I stayed up until 2am painting a painting last night. I then couldn't sleep in this morning and got up at 6am. I am drinking coffee now but am so tired lol. My husband and I are going for foot massages at 9:30am. They massage more than your feet: they really do almost all of your body for $30 plus a generous tip. I felt like I needed it after the week I had. And DH, he needs it just because he's been so stressed about family. I didn't track yesterday, I know I said I would but I got distracted. Maybe today I will.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hello all. The massage yesterday was wonderful. I need to do more of that. I still didn't track yesterday. I'm hoping today will be drama-free at work.

Water yesterday: 25 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, Yesterday was Sunday and I didn't go to church and it didn't feel like a Sunday. I did go for a walk with baby girl and my daughter. I also lost 2.8 lbs not sure how I did that. I didn't track yesterday either.

@trooworld I bet the foot massage was good, yes you do need to do more of that. I think that we don't take the time for ourselves as needed and in the end we pay for it...(mentally)

Cbabie
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Hi all...just got back from OK last night.

@trooworld Ooh the foot massage sounds nice. I have had a few massages & enjoyed it, should do it more. Try to get back to tracking, I really think it helps usually. (I say usually because I was stuffing my face the whole time at dd's, & tracked at night...oops way over did the food!) Hope your work situation is worked out now.

@cbabie Congrats on the loss!! It's so easy to get dehydrated, I have been doing better at home with water, but don't think of it at dd's. Not sure why.

@theslightedgeforever wow...hope you have a great time in London. It is probably better to wait until back to start your new program. That is what I have in mind...we are hoping to take a trip to Sweden in June & don't think I should totally revamp my eating before then, but am trying to tweek it a little in the meantime. Before we went to dd's I was trying to eliminate dairy to see what it does, but impossible to do that there. So starting again this week, lol.

@TeresaW1020 Thinking of you & Joe & hope he starts feeling better. It has to be a very stressful time for both of you..I agree..keep taking it day by day. Do you have the yucky green-yellow pollen storm in GA yet? My dd used to hate that, really messed up her allergies!

@roz0810 Wow, great loss so far!!

Well, this last week was a bust diet wise. Don't know what it is, but it seems like I snack nonstop at dd's. & I forget to drink my water, too. We had plans to do fun things with gkids, but gs started coughing on Mon when he came from his dad's & coughed all week. A couple of Covid tests were negative, so think just a cold, or allergies. But didn't think we should take him anywhere with a cough. Then gd decided since it was spring break that she would stay up all night & sleep all day. (at least we figured she was staying up late, because what a grouch if we tried to get her up!) & it was the end of Girl Scout cookie sales, so she & dd were pretty busy with that, too! Gd wants to go to a 2 week horse camp at Girl Scout camp this summer, so dd was encouraging her to pursue sales, because it will help pay for part of it. She also had a goal to go with GS to Great Wolf Lodge & needed to sell 1700 boxes to do that. She sold 1912 boxes!! (on her own & by participating in cookie booths on the weekends) We did manage to see my bro & sil a couple of times, tho, so that was nice. We had birthday cake for gd on Sunday night which was really good! She turns 13 on the 28th. Oh well, still glad we went, even if frustrating at times. Both gkids are growing up..they are both almost as tall as me. (not saying much..I'm only 5'3") She is slowing down, but he is really shooting up!

Hope everyone has a great week. I think spring might be here..it is getting warmer, but I heard snow flurries on Wed. Boo!

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie That's good you went for a walk. Wow, great loss! Congrats on that. Yes, that foot massage was excellent and just what I needed. Yes, you are right, in the end we do pay for the neglect of ourselves. My body was so achy and in knots. And mentally, the neglect of ME, it's not good.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I hope you had fun in OK. You should do more massages! I think you are right about tracking. But my week starts over tomorrow so I'm having a hard time tracking until then, I feel like, Why Bother? until tomorrow. Thanks, work is better. It's easy to get distracted around family and friends and not drink enough water. Wow, that's a lot of cookie boxes! Congrats to your GD! I love that it is spring now. I hope it doesn't snow there.

Hi all. I decided to try intermittent fasting again. This time, I am easing into it, last time when I tried it, I jumped straight into it and I think that is part of why I failed at it. I'll eat breakfast later this morning, maybe at 10:30. And then I'll eat lunch at noon. We'll see how it goes. I have been inspired by my husband and best friend who both do IF.

Water yesterday: 12 oz

• cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon, I went for a walk today, made a "apple bread". still cooking so not sure if it's good or not. LOL. It's supposed to be in the 90's this weekend.

@RetiredAndLovingIt Sounds like a typical week with family...fun and exhaustion. LOL. Congratulations to your gd..she exceeded her goals...wouldn't it be nice if we could do that? LOL

@trooworld Yes, I think intermittent fasting works, just can't always do it. Glad to have someone who inspires you.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Apple bread SOUNDS DELICIOUS! Send me some lol. It's supposed to be in the 80s here, it was really nice yesterday. Yeah, I'll give IF a try again. Gotta try something.

Hi all. I am working from home today, it's not my usual work-from-home day but my dog is having surgery today to remove the collapsed eye. I'm very nervous about it. It's taking place down in Mexico. I lost 0.2 lbs this week, which is good because at least the scale is going down instead of up lol. I had a loss last week, too. Yay.

Water yesterday: 75 oz!

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, The bread came out kind of crumbly, but oh was it tasty. LOL I didn't track yesterday, so not really sure how I did.. I did get in a mile walk.

@trooworld Are you taking your dog to Mexico or does the place you take it to do that for you? So glad you have the opportunity to work from home when needed. YEA on the loss, yes it's going in the right direction.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@RetiredAndLovingIt The yellow pollen is just starting now. I covered up our patio furniture with plastic tarps but it’s still going to get everywhere and on everything. Wow that is a lot of cookies to sell! Good for your Gd for getting it done. Sounds like you are having a good time with the kids. Just don’t wake up a grouchy teenager!! :D

@cbabie Apple bread sounds delish! Wow 90 degrees already. Welcome to summer, huh? I know you hate being cold so will you enjoy the heat? :)

@trooword Ohh I hope everything goes well for your sweet girl? Who took her to Mexico? I know you will be anxious to get her back home with you. :# And like you, I’m going to go back to IF and see if it will help me. I was doing so well with not eating breakfast and then I started putting cream in my coffee and then it was a half scoop of protein powder and then I started snacking at night. Enough already! IF had really helped me in the past. I hope it will help you too. :)

Hello! Today, Joe went to the orthopedic doctor and his shoulder is slowly healing. They are recommending physical therapy. We also hooked him up on a heart monitor that the cardiologist ordered. He is supposed to wear it all the time for 30 days to see if his A-fib is an issue that needs treatment. We shall see! I also told Joe that I have got to get back to losing weight. I can’t believe how much I’ve gained! So, Monday is my official restart date. We are taking mom out for Mexican on Sunday, and I have some wine that needs finishing. I’ve already warned them both that our dinner menus won’t be exciting. Lots of lean protein and veggies are in their future. :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad your bread came out good. The rescue took her down to Mexico (thankfully). Thanks!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. The rescue took her. I was so anxious! Thanks, I hope it helps us both (IF). I'm glad Joe's shoulder is healing okay. LOL "dinner menus won't be exciting"...I can relate to this, I have complaints about the dinner menus all the time lol.

Hi all. My pup's surgery went okay. We couldn't pick her up until about 6:30 and all day I didn't hear anything from the rescue until about 3:45 when I checked on her. I was so worried! She's got liquid medications and I hate those because she doesn't like the taste so we have to squirt it in her mouth and she throws a fit. I'm on my 3rd day of IF. I fast from about 7:30 p.m. until 11:30 a.m. I got a bit hungry yesterday but drank some sparkling water with a squeeze of lemon in it and that helped.

• cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, went for 2 walks with baby girl yesterday. Eating is a bite here, a bite here..didn't track..but not really hungry. I do like the IF I try to do that sometime through the week. LOL

@trooworld So glad puppy is good. I don't like liquid meds either..LOL. I like the time frame you are doing your IF...

@TeresaW1020 I hope DH does well with PT and it greatly improves his movement. My dad never did his PT...he always knew "best". LOL. I am glad you have given yourself some grace while you are getting into a new routine with DH. All things work together for good... :)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Sounds like you are doing pretty good. Thanks re: the pup...yeah, I don't blame her for not liking the liquid meds! Yeah I decided that I wanted to be able to eat lunch and dinner so those were my hours of IF.

Hi all. Doing okay. Had a doctor's appt yesterday and talked about my weight. I asked about weight loss surgery but my doctor didn't really say no but she also didn't like the idea. She did like that I am doing IF, she said it really works for some people. But she also said "We know that eating a small amount every few hours works" so I don't really know what she wants me to do besides modify what I am doing somehow. She is giving me a referral to a doctor that manages weight loss medications and I might try one of those. I think I might be more discouraged than before my visit. I have another visit in May.