Options

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Gooooooood morning.

How do I log a homemade cookie that someone gave me?

How about six of those...? :neutral:

You don't have to. Gift (free) food is also calorie free!

(Same as broken off pieces.)

Same as the harder edges around the outside of the brownies that you'd be embarrassed for anyone else to eat. Hey, somebody's gotta do it.

Oh, yeah...like when I have guests, I always put out cheese and crackers (cause I'm lazy).

But, I'm embarrassed to put out broken crackers, so I just eat those as I'm arranging the perfect ones onto the plate.

No calories in those, I'm assuming.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Is that like trimming and straightening out the piece either before serving or before storing or both? Or making sure that the rim is clean?

And I don't think any of you can top my two best free food examples: eating something belonging to someone else because it's about to expire! 👍 Or their bag of fast food because it's getting cold and can only be eaten warm, right?
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    I am pretty new here, but I read carefully and I have already figured out that if you eat it really really fast you can take some of the calories off for exercise (that’s what everyone means when they say “eat back calories”)

You're a quick learner!
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I am pretty new here, but I read carefully and I have already figured out that if you eat it really really fast you can take some of the calories off for exercise (that’s what everyone means when they say “eat back calories”)

You are SOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!! And the *BEST* Calories to eat back are the ones MFP has already assigned for daily activity during the same time frame! That's like your double eat back bonus! Rhymes with the reverse of Apple Watch's ability to integrate with MFP but almost the same when it comes to absolute values! :wink:
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,434 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

You are SOOOOO RIGHT!!!!!!!! And the *BEST* Calories to eat back are the ones MFP has already assigned for daily activity during the same time frame! That's like your double eat back bonus! Rhymes with the reverse of Apple Watch's ability to integrate with MFP but almost the same when it comes to absolute values! :wink:

Wow, I learn something new every day! Thanks guys. I will follow this <3
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    Okay, I read Pav's post eleventy times and still don't get it. Moar coffee...maybe I need an Apple watch so I can eat more? That's all I'm getting.

Still an awful lot of questions in the forums.

:lol:@Sinisterbarbie1

• SuzySunshine99
    Options
    I've had TWO coffees and I still don't understand PAV's post.

Anyway...the biggest problem with all these posts that are meant for the RD....
    The OP never comes back to any of them. People are responding and trying to help, but I don't know that the OP is seeing any of it.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2022
    Options

Let's see if my coffee works 🙀🤷🏻‍♂️🤞

We're together on eating back the exercise calories assigned to the time frame as opposed to doing something silly like discounting your exercise calories to the actual amount of extra ones that you spent.

I called that double eat back bonus, but for many people it will work to eating twice the base calories for the time frame.

Apple watch when synchronized directly seems to often list the exercises correctly, but because the value they send to mfp is not TDEE the final integration result of the increased exercises is a reduction in total calories to eat. The more you exercise the less you get to eat. So this is the reverse.

But as an absolute value almost the same size of an effect.... not exactly same size; but close👍

Hmm.... I've given me a headache!😹

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    I've had TWO coffees and I still don't understand PAV's post.

Anyway...the biggest problem with all these posts that are meant for the RD....
    The OP never comes back to any of them. People are responding and trying to help, but I don't know that the OP is seeing any of it.

Y'know, I don't mostly worry about that. Maybe the OP reads it. Maybe some other person reads it, gets some good out of what we post.

Maybe no one reads it, all it does is clarify and reinforce issues around eating/activity in my own silly brain. (I have a firm belief that my routine thinking patterns become more internalized in who I am day to day - like ruts in the cognitive road that it's easier to stay in than drive out of into unexplored and unfamiliar territory. That "ruts" effect can be a good thing, or bad, depending on the specifics.)

I didn't understand PAV, either, unless all he meant by "the *BEST* Calories to eat back are the ones MFP has already assigned for daily activity during the same time frame! That's like your double eat back bonus!" was that getting the right calories is good, and timing them around activity can have benefits. Dunno. That was opaque, to me. PAV often thinks things my brain isn't subtle enough to handle.

Zero idea by what he meant by "Rhymes with the reverse of Apple Watch's ability to integrate with MFP but almost the same when it comes to absolute values!". I try not to think about Apple any more than minimally necessary. Based on my career background, I think they're extra-special techno-fascists, and I don't want to encourage them. (Yes, that's extreme. I have reasons.)
  • AnnPT77
    Options

Let's see if my coffee works 🙀🤷🏻‍♂️🤞

We're together on eating back the exercise calories assigned to the time frame as opposed to doing something silly like discounting your exercise calories to the actual amount of extra ones that you spent.

I called that double eat back bonus, but for many people it will work to eating twice the base calories for the time frame.

Apple watch when synchronized directly seems to often list the exercises correctly, but because the value they send to mfp is not TDEE the final integration result of the increased exercises is a reduction in total calories to eat. The more you exercise the less you get to eat. So this is the reverse.

But as an absolute value almost the same size of an effect.... not exactly same size; but close👍

Hmm.... I've given me a headache!😹

Are you talking about the extra 1 MET MFP applies via the values in the exercise database? I'm still confused.

Sometimes, posts here go beyond the bounds of audience comprehension. It can be the post, the audience, or a combination. In this case, I'm still a little fuzzy about intent.

Communication is a two (or more) party dance. Can we dance?
  • PAV8888
    Options

You're a quick learner!

Maybe I'm the one who's gonne off the reservation because of course that's entirely possible as we all know.

But all my suggestion were along the lines of suggesting that eating really fast results in exercise calories.

So yes I am talking about the double count of 1.25 to 1.8 MET (depending on selected activity level) when it comes to exercise.

And about removing exercise from sedentary values instead of TDEE when it comes to the watch
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Dang. I always forget that it's an extra "activity level worth" of METs. You're right, as always. It is. Not just one.

I know what the Apple thing does, more or less. I just didn't get the "rhymes with" thing. Was that literal, or a metaphor?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,434 Member
    Options
    I think I'm having a whoosh. I went so often to the loo last night and today that it's unreal. I guess the restless sleep and all the loo-walking accounts for a few 100 kcal extra, right? Right? I don't want to hear anything else than Yes from you all.
  • SuzySunshine99
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I think I'm having a whoosh. I went so often to the loo last night and today that it's unreal. I guess the restless sleep and all the loo-walking accounts for a few 100 kcal extra, right? Right? I don't want to hear anything else than Yes from you all.

Yes.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Yes, Yes, YES!
This discussion has been closed.