April 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    edited April 2022
    We still have the 6 people staying with us here in Poland. I think I've got them through all of the government office and school formalities, and we're now looking for long-term housing for them. Not as easy as it sounds.

I know it's not easy! It's very difficult to find anything in Vienna nowadays too :( I housed a family of four for couple weeks, but we finally found them a more permanent place. But to me it looks like the influx of refugees in Austria is getting smaller - maybe I am wrong...
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    @kgirlhart May I suggest baby carrots as easily portable donkey treats?
    Apples work too :)

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @shanaber You are getting your exercise with Beaux. Love all of the pictures and video. They get along so well. As for temperatures, we're supposed to be 80 today and 28 Monday morning. These huge swings are horrible and playing havoc on the vegetation.

Nice run @rheddmobile . Sometimes it is hard to go slow enough to keep the HR down. That does seem like a fishy story from the young lady.

@Avidkeo Hal is going to give up on you. LOL

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,049 Member
    The weathers been awful since Monday but got a run in today, it was still windy and I got rained on but its done. The wind kills me. Yesterday I put on my running gear at 12.30pm hoping for a little break in the rain but gave up by 4pm and did an hour on my spin bike instead.

01/04 2.12 miles
    06/04 2.36 miles

exercise.png
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Oh hey there @RunsOnEspresso! Glad to see you back! :D
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Oh hey there @RunsOnEspresso! Glad to see you back! :D

I like to keep y'all on your toes! LOL
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,951 Member
    edited April 2022
    April Goal: 100 Miles

4/3: 10.02 miles
    4/5: 5.25 miles
    4/6: 5.31 miles

20.58/100 miles completed for April

I ran 5 miles this morning. It wasn't foggy like yesterday. There was a strong North wind today. Yesterday we were up to 95, but today it only got up to about 70. It's supposed to be in the mid 40's for my run tomorrow. I guess it is just typical spring weather.

Thanks for the tips @rheddmobile and @aine8046.

Good to see you back @RunsOnEspresso!

exercise.png

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @shanaber The puppies are so cute! 😍
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,747 Member
    Darn it. I am behind a couple pages already...

Welcome Kathy to the zoo...

Goal 125
    April 1 - 7.01 miles
    April 2 - 4.21 cum 11.22
    April 3 - 10.01 cum 21.23
    April 4 - 4.03 cum 25.26
    April 5 - 4.01
    April 6 - 5.02
    April 7 - 3.01+2.02 sprint cum 39.32 miles

Yesterday's run I managed to pull a muscle in the middle of my back somehow so I wasn't sure how it would be today. Ran 3 pretty slow this morning with no expectation of speed or distance. It did not seem worse so I did my 2 per sprint workout. It continues to amaze me what strange and out of the blue things our bodies like to throw at us. :|

MFP on my phone just seems to get worse and worse. Tech support emailed that it was going to be fixed (IOS thing) but whatever they did now I can't seem to even USE the ap at all much less see photos.

Guess it's always darkest before dawn?

To end on a positive note, the cold front which blew in yesterday morning is making for very nice running humidity and temps even if a bit windy. Better than 96 deg f on Monday afternoon.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    4/1 – 5.41 miles
    4/4 – 4.21 miles
    4/5 – 5.37 miles
    4/6 – 4.56 miles
    4/8 – 3.17 miles

Winter is back in my and @quilteryoyo’s area of the world. I headed out for a short run at 6:45 this morning and it was 34F. We are under a winter weather advisory for this evening and tomorrow with snow in the forecast. Come on Spring – look at the calendar! It was a beautiful morning though and I’m glad I got out. The clouds are already filling the sky.
    ti5n7aqjci4p.jpg
    The sun was making it's way up this morning
    Hope your back is feeling better today @summerskier

Welcome back @simcon1!