April 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry your HR is acting up again @rheddmobile . I'm glad that you went out for a mental 5 mile walk. Love the cat story. I'm sure you were surprised to see it again, 4 miles later.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @RunsOnEspresso and @katharmonic . The weather didn't listen to me either, but it did get nice and warm here this afternoon.

@SummerSkier That back pain does seem odd. Good idea not to push it too much. I hope it gets better, not worse.

Nice run @kgirlhart . Running in the wind is hard. I hope it dies down.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I don't think the storm took out my internet. It's been going out a lot for the last couple of weeks, but always came back. Not yesterday. I wish I had a viable alternative. Right now my Verizon JetPack seems to be working, but it wasn't yesterday. Our cell signal is also spotty here and I don't have 5G....I've asked. I'm glad Beaux is helping you to fulfill your walking potential. :wink: Love the pictures.

@rheddmobile I hope your knee is okay today. Love your DHs comment about the gravity forecast. It sure seems that way some days.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    4/1 – 5.41 miles
    4/4 – 4.21 miles
    4/5 – 5.37 miles
    4/6 – 4.56 miles
    4/8 – 3.17 miles
    4/9 – 6.32 miles
    4/11 – 5.02 miles
    Total 34.04/90 miles

I met a couple of friends at 5 am for a 5 mile run this morning. Temp was cool but not cold at 42F. My Garmin 245 has some dead pixels on the screen. Apparently this is a common problem with this model because their support page has a form specifically for this problem. The form takes you directly to a UPS label so that you can send the watch back to them for replacement. I just hate giving my watch up for the time it will take to get it replaced.
    tkpoodt8q3kp.jpg
    I’ve never heard of that 10K @quilteryoyo but what a great excuse to go to the beach! You should go for it!

@shanaber – I think Beaux and Hobbes needs sunglasses! I bet they enjoyed watching all the birds.

Glad you are still getting out there @rheddmobile even if your performance is not as it once was or making you happy. Hopefully, in time, things will get regulated and if not that you will adjust to doing what your body can do in that moment in time.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Welcome @f7d49cxrdc!

Good to see you @martaindale! The state park looks lovely and I love that your dad is hiking each day.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    6 PT treadmill miles this evening.

exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - I have used Supergoop for a couple of years now. Love the daily sport sunscreen as well as the sport spray. I use the spray on my calves and ankles as well as the back of my hands and the lotion on my face, neck and shoulders before I run.
    Love where you were camping! How long have your parents been RVing it? It sounds so intriguing to me. My husband isn't interested but it sounds like fun to me! It is great that your dad has taken up hiking. Does your mom go with him?
    Welcome @f7d49cxrdc - no goal is too small, enjoy your running and let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions.
    @yirara -glad things are getting better!

I took Hobbes and Beaux out for a 'recovery' walk today. It didn't feel as fast as the others have been and I actually thought Beaux was doing better until I saw our pace and of course Hobbes started dragging a bit on the way home. It was cool drizzly and lovely out when we went out - so much better than the 105F weather of just a couple of days ago! SO we just kept walking and ended up with 5.27 miles. Hobbes and I had agility class tonight and it was so much running. We are both wiped out now and of course Beaux is ready to play. Just one more day and Hobbes has us all to himself again... he will probably be bored then 😁
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 - I don't have a Garmin but from what I have read they are really good about turning the watches around really quickly. My guess is they may just send you out a new one once yours is received.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Teresa502 - I don't have a Garmin but from what I have read they are really good about turning the watches around really quickly. My guess is they may just send you out a new one once yours is received.

I think it depends on the country. In the UK my handheld GPS had a broken rubber seal, and they kept on telling me it can't be repaired. Which is rubbish. Finally got a customer service rep, who told me that they could repair it, but now the device is so old that they stopped supporting it. :s But yeah, They did offer me a replacement for my Fenix 6s that I won at a certain time. For something a replacement would not have fixed.