Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• SJDenz82
    SJDenz82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am not really sure what to say here… I am a pretty open book. I started, well re-started, MyFitnessPal a month ago. My first experience with the app was actually YEARS ago. The app has improved so much! I have also grown and learned which I think is helping me. I live in Minnesota. Married, kids, FT employee, small hobby farm… that’s me. So… Hello!
  • grrtlvr1
    grrtlvr1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have started today. Are there any other senior citizens on here? I am 65 and would love to hear how others have lost weight when they are over 60. I am doing low carb and counting calories. I need to up my iron and would love suggestions on what foods are high in iron. I know meat and I know spinach....what else? Thank you in advance!
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    grrtlvr1 wrote: »
    Hello! I have started today. Are there any other senior citizens on here? I am 65 and would love to hear how others have lost weight when they are over 60. I am doing low carb and counting calories. I need to up my iron and would love suggestions on what foods are high in iron. I know meat and I know spinach....what else? Thank you in advance!

Shellfish, beans, chickpeas, lentils, dark chocolate (my go-to 😉), fish (be choosy due to mercury), nuts, and more.

I started at age fifty-nine with Sparkpeople in 2005 and lost 100 pounds, then slowly gained back over half of it by forgetting the most important part... maintenance. I had a restart in 2014 motivated by diabetes and I've been either losing or maintaining it ever since. I'll be seventy-five in June. Sparkpeople and MFP have made calorie counting so much easier and counting calories is the secret for me. I try, but not very successfully, to watch my carbs. At least the majority of my carbs are complex. Never quit!
  • pinkbaba03
    pinkbaba03 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looking for new friends to give support and receive support! Feel free to add me!
  • diannefroment63
    diannefroment63 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! 2nd day. Weight snuck up on me! Omg! I was on a diet and lost 20# quickly and the gained 30# back. And felt like crap. Ready to do it the right way
  • Lauraoman2164
    Lauraoman2164 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m new year and have set myself a goal of 50 pounds in a year.

I’m recovering from BED which I developed from recovering from bulimia which I developed from recovering from anorexia 🤦🏻‍♀️ I want to do it in a healthy and sensible way!

I would really like to connect with some people on here for encouragement and accountability so please feel free to add me! I haven’t figured out how to do that yet 😂
  • Pepper0ni
    Pepper0ni Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello! I’m looking to add friends. My goal is to lose 100+ so it’d be great to add others who are active and tracking too.

Have a great day, everyone! 😎
  • Paynmaker
    Paynmaker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Back at it....need friends add for support both ways
  • salzmann27
    salzmann27 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody, nice to meet you here :)
    I‘m Tim and long time working with myfitnesspal. Using it since 2013 and only have seen it now that here is a community. Would be nice to get in contact with other people who love food and fitness as well. Just add me as a friend or find me at the socials. I look forward to hearing from you
    Tim Salzmann
  • massacruz
    massacruz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I'm excited to be here. I had the app years ago but recently just started to use it again. I look forward to learning and receiving support from you all and giving my support. Best wishes, Cruz.
  • roguespirit84
    roguespirit84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm back almost ten years after losing the weight, it's all back and in ready to finally say goodbye to 100+ pounds. Looking for new friends here for extra encouragement and accountability. Please friend me!
  • robinsonemily897
    robinsonemily897 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, New here and looking forward to a fresh start and a spring clean!
  • noeyesmcgee
    noeyesmcgee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I have been on the app for almost six weeks and I decided to try this section of the app today. I have tried WW a few times but have never kept with it. Was diagnosed with high blood pressure six weeks ago and have had to make some life changes. Have lost 18lbs so far. This app has helped me a lot.
  • bozman316
    bozman316 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As a personal trainer/group fitness instructor, I always recommend this app as a method of nutritional accountability. However, I haven`t practised what I preach and ignored doing so myself. I feel it is quite hypocritical to ask someone to do something that I wouldn`t do. Therefore, I have decided to begin a calorie-counting regime, which I believe will help me lose those pesky extra kilo or three. Best of luck to everyone out there!
  • llvirgil
    llvirgil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm new to MFP. Hoping to stay on track and losing some more weight.
  • mfdfire
    mfdfire Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Rick, a retired fire fighter. I just started and need to lose about 40 pounds
  • Sherri16mfp
    Sherri16mfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all my name is Sherri from southern Ontario 45 7 kids and have 35 lbs I want to lose by February….I started on this app again in feb and I am almost down 18 lbs….I would love some new friends on here for encouragement and motivation….my diary is open…. Keep fit and have fun….
  • blondemeatball
    blondemeatball Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 32yr old female from the UK starting my weightloss journey up again! Please add me as a friend if you want an accountability friend on here
  • hollypackwood
    hollypackwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I’m a serial re-starter but after baby no.2 I’m finally determined enough to get back to where I was most comfortable for good.
    16/70 lbs down using the Fast 800.
    Looking for any friends with similar goals. Please add me