4/2: 6.5 miles
    4/3: 3.2 miles
    4/5: 4.1 miles
    4/6: 4.3 miles
    4/8: 3.1 miles
    4/9: 7 miles
    4/10: 3.1 miles
    4/11: 5.1 miles

Low 70’s but only 87% humidity at 6 am today. Actually felt ok since it was dark. Did a progression run and got a little ahead of myself. Hit my target pace in mile 3 instead of mile 4 but still got a good workout in. It’s possible I could have gotten a faster mile 4 in better weather. I need to make some weather adjustments to my paces for these progression runs moving forward.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    Nice running @Teresa502 . I hope your watch comes back soon. Want to go to the race with me? It's August 7.

@martaindale That time with your parents looks like so much fun. I'm glad you're dad is hiking daily and you were able to do that together. Nice run too.

Welcome @f7d49cxrdc . You've found a great group to be a part of.

You did a lot yesterday, @shanaber . I'm sure a
    Hobbes will miss Beaux but enjoy being a an only dog again.

@RunsOnEspresso I hope you can find a 50k you can do.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    Options
    I am leaving this podcast link here for anyone who might be interested. This is Doctors of Running and they did an episode about nutrition and training. They focus on women athletes, but much of what they talked about would also apply to men. Can't leave @Scott6255 out! They had a nutritionist and an athlete/trainer who focuses on nutrition as guests. While they discuss women of all ages, I appreciated that there was some dedicated focus on women going through menopause and the post menopausal athlete and not just young, peak training athletes.
    https://doctorsofrunning.com/2022/04/the-science-of-nutrition-and-training.html
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Congratulations @yirara ! You are doing great!

Glad you are getting back to normal @Avidkeo . Nice job on your run.

@martaindale The podcast sounds interesting. I'll have to remember to listen to it when I have time. I'm sure I am not doing the nutrition thing right at all.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great running. I hope your winds die down soon.

Glad Beaux helped you make your goal @shanaber . It does help to have extra motivation.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    4/1 – 5.41 miles
    4/4 – 4.21 miles
    4/5 – 5.37 miles
    4/6 – 4.56 miles
    4/8 – 3.17 miles
    4/9 – 6.32 miles
    4/11 – 5.02 miles
    4/13 – 5.76 miles
    Total 39.8/90 miles

I headed out around 6:20 this morning for a run. The sky was cloudy (it’s raining now) but it was beginning to get daylight and the temp was 50F. My running light needs charging and of course I didn’t remember that until I was ready to head out the door. I am working from home today so I just ran in my neighborhood. I think one car passed me during the entire run and I made sure to hop over in the grass on the opposite side of the road. I heard lots of birds chirping and saw a red tail hawk. Saw the usual horses and cattle. I haven’t mailed my Garmin back yet…so hard to let it go!

@quilteryoyo – Wish I could go with you to that race. It would be fun! Unfortunately, with my job there are 5 times during the year that I am unable to take time off and August 7 is one of those times. The next week would work great - do you think they would move the race? Lol!

I added that podcast to my library @martaindale. Sounds informative. Thanks for sharing.

@shanaber – Beaux is so handsome! Do Beaux’s owners exercise him as much as you do? If not, I bet he will be disappointed when he goes home.

• martaindale
    Options
    @shanaber Beaux looks so well mannered in that picture with his little paws crossed!

• martaindale
    Options
    April totals: 44.3/100 miles

4/1: 3.2 miles
    4/2: 6.5 miles
    4/3: 3.2 miles
    4/5: 4.1 miles
    4/6: 4.3 miles
    4/8: 3.1 miles
    4/9: 7 miles
    4/10: 3.1 miles
    4/12: 5.1 miles
    4/13: 4.7 miles

Speed work this morning with 400m repeats at mile pace. It was full summer today with early morning temps already in the 70's and 90% humidity. Some cloud cover and wind helped it feel tolerable but almost 20 mph winds in your face during repeats adds a level of difficulty! On the plus side, the wind was blowing the water from the fountain across the path in a fine cooling mist, and it felt so nice.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @martaindale I just listened to another podcast on that topic over at Trail Runner Nation (or was it Marathon Training Academy? Maybe both, actually), so now I'll listen to this one and see if they say the same things. Of course, it may be that the same researcher is making the rounds of multiple podcasts. I found it interesting how so much of the research in athletics uses young males as their data points, and what might be good for them, might not be great for me.
  • martaindale
    Options
    @polskagirl01 Absolutely! They talk about some outdated advice and myths that we have all heard as well as some newer research showing how some training and nutrition advice just doesn't work the same in men and women. I thought it was really interesting.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nice running @Mari33a . Glad you are getting outside more.

@Teresa502 Nice running. It does amaze me at how many birds are out and about in the hour before the sun comes up. I'm sure if we ask nice enough they would move that race to the following week. :wink: Wish you could go. That would have been a lot of fun.

Nice run @martaindale . I'm sure that mist was really refreshing in those temperatures.

• martaindale
    Options
    After the heat/humidity fest in the early part of this week, it was cool and totally lovely outside this morning. And of course, I was working early and not running. Why does the weather hate me?! Headed out to our place in the hill country for the long holiday weekend. It will be warm there too but it is generally less humid, and I'll take that any day!