Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Great to hear from everyone.
    luannedonnell - Yes, This is a never-ending process. It started two years ago actually. Everyone is welcome to join.
  • MrsHermit
    MrsHermit Posts: 195 Member
    I think this group is still going, just slow posting. I am down with the "thing" so feel like crap at the moment.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 588 Member
    Hello All!

About me:
    Male, 49
    Highest weight: 260
    Goal weight: 200
    Starting weight: 255
    Weight in day: Thursday

Goals
    Lose 1 lbs per week for 52 weeks. That way in December I will be close to my goal weight.
    Cut back on sugar, watch my portion sizes (my biggest issue), watch my Carb intake.
    Exercise 4 days a week at the Gym

1/06: 254
    1/13: 253.5
    1/20
    1/27

Total January loss: - 1.5 lb
  • ladycopnh1
    Stimpy, Firebird welcome to the challenge. I'm so glad to meet you.
    luannedonnell - this group will go on as long as it helps people.

I have a flat tire this week. Whistle blown on a false start. I went over to the storage room over the garage and found my shoe box - no actually boot box full of diet books and flyers. I need to find some paperwork to tell me my points range to start out on. Then (not if, but when) I get my head together and start journaling, I can get started.

Everyone - stay strong...keep walking toward that goal.

Starting Weight: 260
    Jan. 04: -3
    Jan. 11: -3
    Jan. 18:
    Jan. 25:
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thank you again for this group @ladycopnh1 I'm back at it. Having a good few days. It's my friends birthday meal on the 28th so I'm looking forward to the food 😂😊
  • MrsHermit
    Weigh day!
    Despite having "the thing" and starting to pack (no room to exercise), I still managed to lose weight at a safe rate. I've been drinking a lot more water and eating lots more fruit lately. I am pretty sure I'm over the worst of the thing just still struggling with congestion and coughing.

Highest known weight: 262.2 lbs
    Current weight: 240.0 lbs
    Goal weight: 149 lbs (healthy BMI)

weight.png
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    Hey all,
    Back at it again. The only way to fail is to stop trying:

Current weight: 258

01/19: 258
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 588 Member
    Hello All!
    Male, 49
    Highest weight: 260
    Starting weight: 255
    Weight in day: Thursday

Goals
    Lose 1 lbs per week for 52 weeks. That way in December I will be close to my goal weight.
    Cut back on sugar, watch my portion sizes (my biggest issue), watch my Carb intake.
    Exercise 4 days a week at the Gym

1/06: 254
    1/13: 253.5
    1/20 254
    1/27

Total January loss: - 1.0 lb

I may have gained half a pound, but I lost 1 inch off my waist line! I know that this doesn't help in this challenge, but I will take loosing inches around my waist over loosing pounds any day. Also, my half pound gain may be muscle gain and not fat gain (or at least I hope so).
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    I thought I had done really bad yesterday. I had lunch out the went to a party where I had a couple drinks. I put my calories in and actually did not do too bad. I was about 170 cal over.
    I have not been logging workouts so I probably have the room in my calories but an trying not to use it. Every once in a while you have to let yourself have a day.
    Got to watch Tom Brady go home and got to watch my Chiefs win in a brutal, to watch, game.
    My scale registered 2 pounds higher this morning but I know it is stress and not real. I certainly did not eat an extra 4000 calories yesterday.
    Have a good week!
  • ladycopnh1
    Hello all,
    I'm sorry for not checking in more regularly, I'm finishing up on a book I'm writing and it's taking most of my time.
    That is between the trips we take to the ER to "try" to get my husband's IV emergency meds. Let's see, we were at the hospital 7xs in 3days, and not one day did the doctors give him the specific medications he needed. The last trip was three o'clock in the morning, there MIGHT have been three other patients in the ER, and we waited 2hrs for the meds to come up from the pharmacy. Long story short, we left without getting any emergency meds. I HATE hospitals!!!!!!!!!
    If somebody tells me there's no such thing as stress eating, beware, they're not from this world.

Ok, I'm done venting now.

roz0810 - you are more than welcome. I need this group as much as everyone else, those typing in and those just looking in.
    MrsHermit - you are doing great. go slow, stay well.
    celticck7 - welcome back my friend, you are absolutely right. Every day is a new day to start or to keep trying. Brady is getting older every day. Go Chiefs!
    Stimpy56 - Fear not, that half pound is going to come off when you least expect it. You are doing great.

Jan. 11: -3
    Jan. 18: -4
    Jan. 25:
  • ladycopnh1
    Believe it or not I am happy with 6, why it's gone!

Jan. 11: -0
    Jan. 18: -4
    Jan. 25: +1

January total = 6
  • MrsHermit
    @ladycopnh1 thanks

Still packing, trying to work on my habit goals, including shoving boxes and stuff out of the way for some exercise. No loss, slight gain. Still working at it.

My habit goals for this year that I'm working on
    If streak is broken, start over (Saturdays are exempt)
    1) 6am up, Modeh Ani, 1 cup of tea, journal, do things 🌸
    2) don't eat until after exercise, exercise by 10am 🌸
    3)crafts after dinner
    4) dishes all done before bed 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
    5) take some notes on saved vids/bookmarks, turn off devices and read
    6) 8pm floss and wash face, can have tea
    7) in bed: pray, read, crochet 🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
  • ladycopnh1
    Hi everyone, I am so sorry, I got lost in time.
    I have just finished a book I've been writing and have been had my head in that. The great push to finish. You know how you're reading that last chapter and you just can't put it down till you finish. that was the same thing. Now that I have it boxed and shipped to my editor, I can concentrate on myself again.

How is everyone doing. I see the last entry was January 30. Was February that bad for all of us??
  • MrsHermit
    @ladycopnh1 Sorry, changes in internet service and routine, and we're packing for a big move. I've been maintaining or slowly gaining weight lately. I cannot log at all since everything is packed and it takes me ten minutes to find the oregano for dinner. I am hoping for no injuries loading and unloading the truck. We do not have anyone to help us.

Congrats on finishing your book!
  • ladycopnh1
    Thanks, it's only taken 27yrs to finish it. I started it by writing in a medium size notebook that I carried with me in my duffle bag. That way whenever I had a moment, I would jot down my thoughts. I got up to 5 notebooks then decided to type everything down on a flash disc. After that life took over and I didn't look at it again for 3yrs, took it out, worked on it, though it back in the drawer for another 2yrs, etc. I'm retired now so I figured I would start on my bucket list and that was on the top of the list.

I hope, after your all settled in that your new home is everything you hoped for. Be careful of the back, I know what it's like to lift things too heavy. I do it every time I get out of bed. No seriously, be careful.
  • ladycopnh1
    I just saw my inspiration. A dress. It only comes in a medium size (as far as I'm concerned at this point). I haven't bought a dress in years.....years. It is going to give me the incentive to try harder. Find something that will inspire you and reach for that dream.
  • I'm back at it now that I'm on replacement thyroid hormone and recovered from the surgery.
  • HuskyDNP2021
    HuskyDNP2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello
    I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
    Hoping to walk both days , shop and prep for a successful week of eating and increasing activity level
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Hi everyone. Im Kell, a 45 year old SAHM to two lovely boys, and part time semi-pro actor.

I currently weigh 103.4kg. I started intermittent fasting 4 weeks ago and have shed 5.3kg since then. I fast 3 days a week (eating 1000-1200 cals per day on fast days, and 1800-1900 per day the rest of the time). At the moment, I have 2 rehearsals per week, and dance class once per week. I also walk once or twice a week woth a friend, and I've just got a bike, so I'll start cycling once or twice a week once the kids are back at school in a week's time.

My show is in 9 weeks time, so I'd love to drop another 9kgs in that time. I recently got into my "next size down" jeans (UK18) and would love to drop another size by the show (to UK16).

Im aiming to get down to 68kg, so I still have around 35kg to go, but I really need to do this for myself and for my kids, so I can be more energetic with them. I'm also trying to avoid Type 2 diabetes (my Mum was recently diagnosed) and I know a complete lifestyle change is required for me to do that.

I hope support from this group will help me get there, and that I can help others in turn. Together we can do this!
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Welcome. I'm still here! Been on track for a few days. Planning to keep it up.

SW: 273.4

4/17 272.8 (-0.6)
    4/18 271.8 (-1)
    4/19 270.2 (-1.6)
    4/20 268.6 (-1.6)

Total loss 4.8lbs

Its so great to see this!! TOM is on the way though so need to watch it!