Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,519 Member
    u5v50p5vc7gd.png
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,519 Member
    My brother-in-law is paying right at $3000 a month for a small studio room that has a bath and tiny kitchen area. He gets his meals and they give him his meds. We are so glad he is able to afford this and hope he continues to do well there. He does miss his home that he grew up in; but, I think he realizes that he cannot live by himself.

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,226 Member
    Hello ladies!

I think my knee is getting worse. I thought a week of rest would do it, but now I am thinking about cancelling horse again and maybe going to physical therapy. I haven't exercised in ten days. Such a setback. Oh well, could be worse.

My laptop is dying, too. That's another thing to face. I need to shop for a new one.

Annie in Delaware
  • mvarga1972
    mvarga1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Good morning Ladies! 😄

Carol ~ hugs, love & prayers to you!!!

Rebecca ~ my brother has 2 of those “lap dogs” they are the sweetest! ☺️🥰♥️

Have an amazing Hump Day!!!! It’s warming up here so I’m hoping to walk outside tonight! Fingers crossed!😁🤞😏😊

Missy 🌸🌺
    in Indiana ☺️😊

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,194 Member
    <3<3<3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,226 Member
    I found a knee brace online. I suppose the best kind of brace is one you will wear. Do you all use knee braces?

Annie in Delaware
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Debbie & Michele--I am the same way. I can do good during the day, but in the evenings if it is not nailed down I want to eat it and I do way more often than I should.

Debbie--Sending prayers for David and his family.

Barbie--Sending prayers for you and Jake. It's the unkown that cause the most stress for me.

Machka--They are building a place like you vision of independent living just outside of town around the new hospital. Going to be high end they say and all I can see is lots of money. Will see how it turns out in the end. Right now lots of buildings going up. Thier plan is you start in the homes, move to apartments then into nursing care all in the same complex. There is also another group like this on the other side of town and they are just homes, apartments, nursing home care. But there you buy the home and then as you move to the next stage it transfers with you, so you don't really buy the home, just the right to stay there and be cared for until death. That is their advertising.

Happy Birthday Terri. May you have a great day.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    :)
  • rsnsza
    rsnsza Posts: 11 Member
    Oh my goodness, I simply adore that big lap dog! So abundantly sweet! <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    mvarga1972 wrote: »
    Good morning Ladies! 😄

Carol ~ hugs, love & prayers to you!!!

Rebecca ~ my brother has 2 of those “lap dogs” they are the sweetest! ☺️🥰♥️

Have an amazing Hump Day!!!! It’s warming up here so I’m hoping to walk outside tonight! Fingers crossed!😁🤞😏😊

Missy 🌸🌺
    in Indiana ☺️😊

The Bernise mountain dogs sadly don't live as long as you'd like to think, but so loyal! I met the little guy when she first got him in Montana. He would get so bummed when she had to talk serious with him. He would lay right on her shoes, devoted from the get go though.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    I would love to be at a living situation that had a pool and hot tub. Water is and shall always be my happy place. If I was able to play tennis, or just practice on a wall, that would be my other favorite exercise to do. Regarding senior living, I know we have not planned financially for any of that. I am turning 60 and husband 62, so many healthy years to talk about what to do.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,788 Member
    I found a knee brace online. I suppose the best kind of brace is one you will wear. Do you all use knee braces?

Annie in Delaware

Annie -
    That's so funny because I was going to mention to you when I came online that one thing that helps my knees a lot is kinetic tape. The price is reasonable, although it has gone up some. There are very specific ways to support your knee with them. I use them often when one knee or the other is hurting. If it's applied correctly, it takes three to four days before I have to pull them off and replace them. That includes showering, etc. I never could wear knee braces, because of the way my legs are built. I was introduced to the kinetic tape when Corey shattered his wrist, and the physical therapy people used kinetic tape to hasten his recovery. It worked really well for him.

Kim - woke up this morning thinking about you. Hope things have settled down for you.

Just a driveby comment or two.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2022
    DH does not use a knee brace but I sometimes use one. My left knee has arthritis and my doctor recommended Voltaren for arthritis pain. I use it whenever my left knee hurts. I don’t use the brace very often. I bought the brace at Walgreens and when I need the extra help I am grateful.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member

Annie in Delaware

No. My Dr isn’t a fan of braces.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Worked today then went to Aldi. Then decided I’d get all my price sticker-shock in one day so I went to WalMart. This afternoon went to Belk because I completely forgot that my coupon expires tomorrow. Got a set of sheets (queen size) for down at the condo for $8. Ceramics tonight. I should get Smurfette in to be fired.

Been slow at work so there isn’t a lot of prep that I need to do. Bet it’s slow because of Spring Break.

Anne DE – glad your uncle is home. Hope your knee gets better fast

barbie – hope all goes well for Jake

Barbara – I’ve never had flames in my oven. I honestly don’t know what I’d do. Glad you got it taken care of

Betsy – I agree with Carla, hold off selling at least for now

Terri – happy birthday

Vicki – My MIL was at a place like that, she was in independent living then as she developed dementia, she was moved to the dementia ward.

Going to post this so that I don’t forget.

Michele NC