• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    :)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Sorry got on the band wagon late this morning.
    Debbie- you said you got a bunch of ground turkey.. may I suggest looking up Patti Labelles turkey burger recipe. I have made them a few times and they are delish...
    Hope all is well with everyone today.. i slept in. And im with Homer and Alfie now.. going to go home and fold laundry and see if I can vacuum seal some comforters.
    Tomorrow i take care of the little guy and take the boys to the groomers. Weds i take care of Miles and have an eye appointment. Thursday ,Carmine and I have hair appointment

Thanks for the suggestion. I just did the easy way with the burgers this time. They were already formed so just sprinkled Memphis bbq seasoning, pepper and garlic on them and cooked them. Added cheese to half of them.

Packed all kinds of food for MIL and forgot to give it to DH when he went over this morning. Oh well, he can take it tomorrow.

Have a few loads of laundry to get done- darn cat that was son's girlfriend's really doesn't like me- keeps peeing on my stuff- on my blankets only, not on dh's.(we have separate blankets on our sides). Yesterday the cat peed in my sandal - luckily it was my Dawgs that are rubber so easy to wash.
    Not sure why he doesn't like me, maybe because he knows I am not really fond of him- he tends to be a bully with the other cats.

Have Zumba at our new location today- hopefully they have our fans there(taking my little portable, just in case). Wed. we are going to try it at the park. That should be interesting. At least we will get to have class two nights a week instead of one. We will pay the $15 a month to the community center and then donation to the instructor for the other class. We usually pay $25 for the two days a week for the month.

Have a great Monday Ladies

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Went through more clothes ,and put some of the winter stuff away hung up some of the heavy stuff and put t shirts and things in the drawers.. did the laundry.. fed Alfie, went and took care of Homer.. and a bit later will do the vacuum sealing of the comforters ,im going at a little at a time .i think i overdid it Saturday because yesterday i didn't feel great.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Michele--I know Jerry gets to you at times, but what a Blessing you are for him.

Barbie--Thanks for getting us going on a new month.

We are getting some much needed rain. Friday night driving home it got rough with wind, hail and rain. Yesterday was nice and got my pine tree planted. Today it is raining and to keep up all day.

Rebecca--You are now a u-tube star. What fun to share your talent. Thanks for the Athena fix. Always welcome sight.

Flea--Pray your throat is feeling better and you have great results on (PET) and (MRI).

Neena--Welcome, come often and get to know us and us know you. This is a great group.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm getting some things on my list done so Yay! Paid some bills, and clipped Teddy's front nails. Got a pot roast on the stove.

Michele thanks for the compliment!

I got chocolates for my mother for mother's day. Not great for anyone's diet but she loves them. And she is hard to shop for; my dad will get her flowers.

She doesn't do much more than sit on the couch anymore. Last time I got her some books by authors she likes, but she prefers to reread her old books. Oh well. She doesn't fall and she doesn't wander, and she doesn't require nursing beyond verifying her meds. It's going to get a lot worse someday.

Next on my list is to read and edit a story that a friend wrote. Then my book group.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Worked today. We leave for Iowa tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Melkadee – welcome!

Neena – I think I may have missed your post. Welcome! Sorry about that!

Tracey – oh, I could hang those pictures myself. However, to Mr. OCD I won’t do it right. I just haven’t rather than having him complaining all the time. It just isn’t worth it. What I may do is start to get ready (like getting out the ladder). Usually that gets him to do something because he knows that (in his mind) I won’t do it right.

Heather – Get a handyman????? Are you kidding???? Vince’s feeling is “why hire someone to do what you can do yourself”. That's why he does all the pool stuff (chemicals, etc). No, when we get back from Iowa unless we’re working on the drains in the backyard, I’m going to “start” to do it myself. I hired a handyman once to put up molding in my exercise room that had been there for about 2 years. I heard all about how the minimum charge is $100 and this didn't cost anywhere near $100.

M – I’ve already called the landscaper once this season to tell him that we’re going to be away early in May and then early in June. I’ll just wait to call him again in June so that I can say “it’s been a year now”

I need to get my food ready to take with me and then I may start working on the popcorn since it isn’t very windy

Jess is still very upset that her own sister won’t go to her graduation. Jess’ friend who has three children and works full time is going, but her sister won’t.

Allie – thanks for the suggestion. I never thought of the vacuum sealing of comforters. I always folded mine up and they took up so much room. Thanks, I’ll have to get some of those bags

Rebecca – You’re ozappa and majime

Off to start stringing

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today. We leave for Iowa tomorrow so no formal exercise.

Melkadee – welcome!

Neena – I think I may have missed your post. Welcome! Sorry about that!

Tracey – oh, I could hang those pictures myself. However, to Mr. OCD I won’t do it right. I just haven’t rather than having him complaining all the time. It just isn’t worth it. What I may do is start to get ready (like getting out the ladder). Usually that gets him to do something because he knows that (in his mind) I won’t do it right.

Heather – Get a handyman????? Are you kidding???? Vince’s feeling is “why hire someone to do what you can do yourself”. That's why he does all the pool stuff (chemicals, etc). No, when we get back from Iowa unless we’re working on the drains in the backyard, I’m going to “start” to do it myself. I hired a handyman once to put up molding in my exercise room that had been there for about 2 years. I heard all about how the minimum charge is $100 and this didn't cost anywhere near $100.

M – I’ve already called the landscaper once this season to tell him that we’re going to be away early in May and then early in June. I’ll just wait to call him again in June so that I can say “it’s been a year now”

I need to get my food ready to take with me and then I may start working on the popcorn since it isn’t very windy

Jess is still very upset that her own sister won’t go to her graduation. Jess’ friend who has three children and works full time is going, but her sister won’t.

Allie – thanks for the suggestion. I never thought of the vacuum sealing of comforters. I always folded mine up and they took up so much room. Thanks, I’ll have to get some of those bags

Rebecca – You’re ozappa and majime

Off to start stringing

Michele NC

Thanks!😁
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ Maybe you need to hire a different landscaper. I can't say much because I have tried to get our lawn guy to cut back some rose of sharon bushes that are dragging on the ground and he just says he will do it but it doesn't get done.

Started cleaning the wood cabinets in my kitchen today and am going to use a product called Rejuvenate tomorrow. I tried it on one drawer and it looked brand new.

Question: Our ceilings are not pop corn but they have swirl patterns in them that catch dust from the overhead fans. Does anyone know how to easily get the dust off?

Welcome to all who are visiting!

Carol in GA

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Short walk w/family- 20.42min, 143elev, 3.0ap, 87ahr, 97mhr, 1mi= 84c
    Strava app= 114c
    Walk home to gym- 10.25min, .51mi= 50c
    Strava app= 58c
    Treadmill jog- 9.22min, 6.4-7.0sp, 131ahr, 175mhr, 9.22min mi, 1mi= 104c
    Spin bike at gym- 18.47min, 11-14g, 134ahr, 154mhr, 15.97amph, 5mi= 171c
    Other- hanging standing crunches- 538min, 121ahr, 136mhr, 10sts of 10ea= 50c
    Other- standing crunch machine- 7.32min w/35#weight, 101ahr, 113mhr, 5sets of 10ea= 60c
    Walk gym to salon, store then home- 19.38min, 1mi= 111c
    Strava app= 114c

Total cal 630

*starting to do more ab work
  • strongerfaith
    strongerfaith Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Happy May!

My May Goals

Log my calories and stay under
    Hydrate 80 oz 1/2 my weight
    Steps 8k- 10k
    Weight training 10 days.. more would be better, always last on my list.
    Drop 3.3 lbs. to get me into the next decade
    No LNS
    Stick with May’s UAC

DH and I have been getting caught up on our ta-do list. We’re planting berry bushes later in the week. Lazy day afternoon..we both need to rest up.

*My word for the month Hydrate

fc

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Well i did some small things,went through some of Alfies things and organized and put them away ,but didnt get to the comforters.. ill do that Thursday..forgot that Carmine has guitar lessons then so im going solo .ans taking Tracy and Carmine on Tuesday afternoon.
    I have gotten 1/2 of my walk in cleaned out and got thr clothes given to goodwill..
    Will try and sell my sofa and my bed .on Marketplace or Craigslist because im getting a new bed and Trudy gave me the idea of using the den which I hardly use as a dining room which in my opinion is a swell idea..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    My goals for May
    1. Attend the gym Monday-Thursday! No exceptions!
    2. Use the sauna as motivation!
    3. Eat one meal a day, with a sweet thing, and a long window. 11-5:00 pm. So its an 18/6
    4. Take my vitamins every morning
    5. Drink my ACV every day
    6. Shut off my social media at 7:00 pm until 8:00am.
    This is my declaration!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa