MFP Biggest Loser Challenge

Options

Replies

• laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    is drinking water the challenge this week?
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Seems like they should have posted already if they were going to. Since the deadline was Saturday wasn't it?
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i say u forget the people that haven't sent in their results they snooze they lose if they don't send it in by saturday just do the average of the people that sent in their results...... and since our challenges are going to be m-f we really need to decide something now and since water has been the most liked thing so far that seems like the idea.... i say we go with that
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    so people seem to have like the water idea, so i think thats what we are going to do as a challenge this week. at the end of the week, please send me your ounces for each day (or cups if you do that, i can convert it) and il make a chart!

concerning the weigh in, i will just find the totals for each team and not include the people that havent sent it to me yet as other people have suggested. il post the chart when i get home from school today which will be around 3:30
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    hey guys! so here are the charts!

this week the BLUE TEAM wins the challenge! congratulations and awesome job guys!!

the YELLOW TEAM wins the weigh in! combined they lost a total of 1.311%! great job!!

this weeks individual biggest loser is opalmel, who lost 2.11%!

great job everyone!

here is the challenge chart:
    week1challenge.jpg

and here is the weight loss chart:
    week1.jpg
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great job everybody!!!!!
  • kaybay1994
    Options
    Can i ask what workouts y'all do?
    Any good ones help! (:
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My weight for week 1 was 190.0 i am checking in at 189.0 this week !
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Congrats everybody! here is to week 2 :) drink that water :)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hey guys! so here are the charts!

this week the BLUE TEAM wins the challenge! congratulations and awesome job guys!!

the YELLOW TEAM wins the weigh in! combined they lost a total of 1.311%! great job!!

this weeks individual biggest loser is opalmel, who lost 2.11%!

great job everyone!

here is the challenge chart:
    week1challenge.jpg

and here is the weight loss chart:
    week1.jpg

Thanks but I don't feel like I really won at all. I just weighed this morning and the scale says I gained most of that weight back. I'm so frustrated! I'm either weighing in too often or I'm doing something else wrong. Any ideas?

Opal
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Opal, maybe its water retention?
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Opal, maybe its water retention?

I certainly hope so. I guess I need to cut down on my sodium intake.

Opal

r3NYVb
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone! Will get my water in & can't wait to lower that number on the scale again!

Have a great night all!

amy
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    so im gonna have to apologize to everyone on my team in advance. iv had a really really bad week. i found out that my dads cancer has come back for the forth time, and to pay for chemo, he has to either spend my college fund or we have to move to a less expensive house. plus, my mom and horrible step dad took off for california for a week, when they also dont even have money for my college. plus, im a senior in high school and i just started all the college applications because early decision and early action applications are due in a month and i need my teachers recommendations like now. barely started and the whole process is already so stressful. i know, excuses excuses, and im really sorry. iv still been trying, and iv definitely gotten in my exercise, but i went over my calories today by 238 cal. i'm determined to better for the next few days until the weigh in! good luck to my green team! (and everyone else haha)

also, just a friendly reminder here, you can weigh in either friday or saturday morning. by saturday afternoon, i would like to have everyones weights and ounces or cups of water that they drank each day. id rather not have to chase people down for their numbers and postpone posting the results for days again, so please please try to get me your numbers then. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! =)
  • catjrow3
    Options
    Sorry Ali for such a tough time. I wish dad the best and hope things settle out for you.

I think its more than fair to have a deadline and make people stick to it, or get out of the competition. Them are the rules! Have a Great thursday ladies!!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ali - sorry to hear about your bad week! I hope things start looking up really soon!

I agree about having a cut off day. Another challenge I'm in you have until 12:00 PST to get your #'s in, or you don't make the chart for that week.

Amy
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Ali, so sorry to hear that! You and your family will be in my prayers!

As for the college stuff, have you looked into scholarships? That might help with all of that.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Ali-I hope things will get better for you and your family.
    My friend's daughter get some kind of scholarship for women in medical field.
    I agree talk to your high school counselor or search around for scholarship.
    I also agreed that there should be a cut off time on saturday by noon.
    If anyone do not turn their result for that week then don't count them in for that week. If it happens 2 times on the row, they should not on the team anymore.
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    thanks guys =) most of the schools i have been looking at dont reward merit based scholarships because they say "all the students that get in are qualified for a merit based scholarship" (as a middlebury admissions officer said). my family will be applying for financial aid, but its not like because my step dad makes a lot of money which shows up on the forms, but NONE of his money will be going to my college

so, YES, there is going to be a deadline this time. im going to say that this weeks deadline will be Saturday night at 9pm EST. is that ok with people? should i make it earlier/later? im sorry for this but i kinda have to lay down the law so im not still getting numbers on tuesday and stuff because by then we should have already started a new challenge. thanks guys!