WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother’s Day! I have heard from my daughter and daughter in law. I am grateful for both of them, and thanked them for my wonderful grandchildren. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,372 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers and other mothers.
    mmgaoi18o801.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well im trucking right along ,the laundry is done and put away... hung up my picture collage from Tracy.. got the clean sheets ready to put on the bed... and will make the bed up later on...
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    HEATHER I think you will love Iceland. I only went for a couple of days for a stopover on the way to the usa - and it was a bust as I had belly issues, so really couldn't do an expedition, BUT I still liked it, and have no regrets, in retrospect. (not for the faint of budget!) Unlimited hot springs, hot tubs in many places. "moon like" stony environments. I laid low and enjoyed hot springs and tubs and local little walks.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options

Today:
    -Read re-read one academic book (notes already partially taken) Read intro and conclusion.
    -Integrate some bits into yesterday's writing Yes.
    -Finish 4.5 pages very rough still
    -Do PowerPoint not done
    -Review edit 4.5 pagesnot done
    -Send to corrector she gave me till tomorrow morning

Bonus
    Dish area yes
    Clean 15 min yes
    Laundry 15 min no
    Meditate 5 -15 minutes. not yet
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    We are home from our Mother's Day Drag Brunch experience. It was fabulous! What a good day this has been!

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    I received a text from my middle son (Athena's daddy) wishing me Happy Mothers Day.
    I received a text last weekend from eldest son wishing me Happy Mothers Day.🙃👍
    Youngest was a no show. I wasn't holding my breath, but hoping.
    Nothing really planned today, watched sumo wrestling tournament, day one of a 15 day tournament.
    Called Lee's momma that was a nice chat. She's 89 yrs old. She said she tried calling us at 10 am but we were here, and the phone never rang, so not sure who she called.
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Went up to Lils house for cake after her kids took her out and we always have a few laughs.. Bless her heart she is 92 and still trucking along.. and im so glad to be a part of her life..
    Alfie and I tucked in watching Hometown Kickstart.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    We are home from our Mother's Day Drag Brunch experience. It was fabulous! What a good day this has been!

Karen in Virginia

Karen - Awesome!! I bet it was wild! Was there a performance or did they help serve, etc.? A couple of my very favorite movies involved guys dressed as women.

Robin Williams in 1.) Mrs. Doubtfire and 2.) The Birdcage. I'm putting them back at the top of the "watch" list. Actually, I'd love a Robin Williams weekend! He was such a versatile actor.

So sad that he took his own life, I just read he had depression and other mental health problems, and likely undiagnosed Lewy Body Disease, the symptoms mimicking Parkinson's. :(

Mother's Day is winding down. Our friends brought over a gorgeous flower arrangement for me, picked up the rest of the branches they didn't have room for last weekend (plus chain sawed a few more). And, I mentioned I needed to go into DH's shop to grab something but most of the shop lights had dead bulbs.

That's all it took, they grabbed the stepladder and the new flourescent bulbs and went to work. DH says it looks like a tanning booth in there now. :D I told him it was his early Father's Day present.

I took the Camry for a spin this afternoon, battery stayed charged and it handled much better with inflated tires, lol.

I have so much to be grateful for. o:)

Have a good week, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where it only got down to 35 last night! Repeats tonight and tomorrow if the Weatherman is right.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette,

Two hour performance! Lip sync and dancing, amazing costumes. SO much fun!

Brunch was served by regular waiters. Here is a link:

:D
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

housecleaning etc, 2hrs 41min 33sec, vacuum, dust, laundry, told and put away = 704c

Hopefully everyone had a good moms day
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Lanette,

Two hour performance! Lip sync and dancing, amazing costumes. SO much fun!

Brunch was served by regular waiters. Here is a link:

:D

Awesome! The costumes and makeup are fabulous! What fun!!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I had a bad diet day. I got into my mom's chocolate. That's going to be a big temptation all week. Hopefully my resistance will be higher tomorrow because I really want that scale to show another loss. And I know it's not good for my body to spend my calories on sugar.

I walked 30 minutes today and my knee is now stiff. I wanted to start marching and yoga again tomorrow but my knee isn't ready. It still gives me trouble on the stairs too, even with a brace.

Teddy boo is snoring. Such a peaceful dog.

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) My mother's day gift was the load of fine black bark that was delivered last month. I had a lovely day that included spreading some of it along with walking with a friend this morning and walking a lot with the dogs. I don't expect calls from any of Jake's children or grandchildren so I wasn't surprised when only one of them called. I am not a holiday person so my day was perfect. The sun came out in the afternoon. Who could ask for anything more.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    afnybgpam66v.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Hate posting from my phone. Made it to Kentucky today. Plan to leave early. Thinking of everyone and glad to see so many had a good day

Michele