New moms- workout and food planing.

Options
Good day!

What are the best tips for new moms or to say on the postpartum to get "back" in shape(better than before pregnancy in my case)?
Now, what are the calorie requirements and deficits for moms that don't breastfeed?
Do I have to consider something before I follow the basics of weight loss tactics as a woman in postpartum?

All answers are appreciated and experience with this topic are more than welcome :)

Replies

• icandoit2323
    icandoit2323 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How old is your baby now? I've had 5 kids and each time I'm so unhappy with my body afterward, I try to lose the weight waaaay too early. It always backfires in the end. My baby is now 5 months and I just started on MFP a week or two ago, and I think the timing is right.

If you want to start earlier than that, can I suggest you start by just tracking your food? Don't set a calorie limit, just log everything you eat. It will help you eat consciously and make better nutritional decisions for yourself, but you won't risk depriving your healing body of what it needs.

(In my opinion, a post-partum body is not a regular body, and isn't represented accurately in the MFP calculators.)
  • mackji371
    mackji371 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Exercising in the postpartum period is a way to help you get back into shape and stay healthy for your baby and yourself. Many moms want to know when they can start exercising after giving birth. The general advice from physicians and midwives is to wait six to eight weeks before really getting into a fitness routine

meats.
    beans.
    vegetables (especially leafy green vegetables)
    fruits or 100 percent fruit juice (not fruit drinks)
    breads, cereals and grains.
    milk, cheese and eggs.

pls visit for more

Expert recommended [url=" https://www.drjambujain.com"]Dr Jambu Jain[/url] as a Top Endocrinologist in Bhopal,Best Diabetes Doctor in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Just because of[url=" https://www.drjambujain.com"] Dr Jambu Jain [/url]patient reviews, history, ratings, satisfaction, trust, cost and their general excellence

• honeykonny
    honeykonny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Pardon my late reply!!!
    My baby is currently 4weeks old now.
    I will agree exercising is too much rn.
    But i will try to be active and move somewhat for my sanity and to help with my blood sugar control.

I think walking should be okei for now.

I'm very unhappy with the state of my postpartum body, but I guess that i just have to accept how my body is rn and move on and work on myself in the long run, no quick fixes and taking it slow.

Feel free to add me if you and relate to me or are in the same foot steps as I.
  • LaBellaHarris
    LaBellaHarris Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    At 4 weeks, my doctor didn't even want me to take a bath, let alone workout, and I had a complication-free pregnancy and delivery.

My daughter is almost 4yrs old now, but I remember how strange and soft I was in those first few weeks; I hated the way my body looked. Part of that is just that you need to give your body time to settle. Your belly had nine months to stretch to fit that big ol' healthy baby in it, you gotta give it at least six weeks to recover. I know that as a working American, there is a big push for gals to snap back right away, but birthing a human being is kind of a big ordeal, and your body really deserve those six weeks of rest (and there is a reason why doctors recommend it). But now would be a great time to, as suggested, get into the habit of logging everything you eat (and figure out if you're hitting your fluid intake goals, because chances are high that you need to drink more water), and writing out your workout plan. Start slow (speed), start low (weight/reps/distance), and gradually diversify and increase over time. Take your written plan with you to your Six Week Postpartum wellness appointment. Your doctor is gonna give you the OK to workout, and may as well give you a specific green light to go ahead with your exercise plan (or they may have suggestions/edits! Win-win). You got this, mama!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    My wife didn't really do anything but walk for the first few months or so after. Once our baby was able to be put in a proper stroller she started running with a jogging stroller. I also bought a bike trailer and would take baby with me on rides. My wife got into running 1/2 marathons and 10Ks within a year. She was in the weight room about 6 months after she gave birth...she probably could have gone sooner but she was never that into strength training before so it was a new venture.
  • honeykonny
    honeykonny Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great to hear your experience and take on this topic.

I was running before pregnancy and little bit of the beginning before I knew I was pregnant, that was a skock for me i ran 5km while a couple weeks pregnant but I soon got to busy and tired and I stoped running in the pregnancy. I was trying for a baby and had luck with it this time.( It was planned that's what I am trying to say)
    I really miss running but I'm holding myself back from going for a run also no way I will run with a small baby this early in a stroller(walking that's ok).

Now I have not asked my midwife it it's okei for me to start moving or doing any sort of exercises, but I remember they recommend to do pelvis floor exercises.
    I think that's a given green light on that.

Appreciate it… your reply and comments!!!