Less Alcohol ~ MAY 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn.

I hit 19AF days for April.
    Sticking with my goal of 16-20 AF days per month for May
    Diary style.

Friday May 13 - AF - I hadn't realized that it was Friday the 13th until now lol. I was exhausted, and felt like chilling out with a couple of drinks, but didn't because of the extra day of drinks this week. I might have drinks on Saturday. Going away next weekend for 3 days to the Blossom Festival in another town (Creston BC) but do not plan to have any drinks while there.
    Saturday May 14 - 2 drinks - I was tired all day, catching up from too much work for 2 weeks. Going to a comedy show on Monday night, may have drinks before or after. Planning AF for Sunday.

Rolling total: 8AF out of 14 days.
  • ajanet1007
    ajanet1007 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm a newbie. Trying to get some weight off and sabotaging myself with alcohol. This looks like a helpful group. Hope to get to know some of you as we go along.
  • ducky133
    ducky133 Posts: 82 Member
    Welcome @ajanet1007. This is a great group.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    ajanet1007 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm a newbie. Trying to get some weight off and sabotaging myself with alcohol. This looks like a helpful group. Hope to get to know some of you as we go along.

Welcome we are so glad to have you joining us for support to have LESS alcohol in your life. Everyone here is going with different goals and strategies that fit and work best for their own progress.
    Don't be intimidated, we all have to make this work for ourselves. Start slow with tiny goals you know you can follow through with. Accomplishing one tiny goal encourages you to keep going. Then you can add stronger goals either daily, weekly or monthly.

• MissMay
    Great photos @dawnbgethealthy. And @lmlmrn I feel your pain with having to deal with that. Not something you need at this stage of trying move on to the next step in life.

AF Sat and Sunday this weekend. SO MUCH TO DO, NO TIME TO HAVE A FUZZY - CONFUSED HEAD OR LACK OF ENERGY.

Mondays can be awesome. They set the mood for the entire week.
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Week 2 down - 11 drinks total for the week. Can I blame the uptick on the really hot weather? I want to but I have to be honest.

I say yes to a "good mood" week....state of mind is everything. When I am happy, I treat myself well.

Off to enjoy a good run in the early morning darkness before the temps hit 101. A little AC/DC and Kid Rock tunes to go with that to wake me up.

Good week to you all -
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

I am drinking less to lose weight. Diet and exercise were not budging the scale for me until November 2018 when I began to drink less. Drinking derails weight loss.

Diary style.

Friday May 13 - AF - I hadn't realized that it was Friday the 13th until now lol. I was exhausted, and felt like chilling out with a couple of drinks, but didn't because of the extra day of drinks this week. I might have drinks on Saturday. Going away next weekend for 3 days to the Blossom Festival in another town (Creston BC) but do not plan to have any drinks while there.
    Saturday May 14 - 2 drinks - I was tired all day, catching up from too much work for 2 weeks. Going to a comedy show on Monday night, may have drinks before or after. Planning AF for Sunday.
    Sunday May 15 - AF - Going to a comedy show on Monday, not sure if I will have drinks or not yet.

Rolling total: 9AF out of 15 days.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    1st week of May - 3AF and 4A
    2nd week of May- 3AF and 4A
    3rd week so far 1AF and 1A (stopped at 1 glass)
  • joallana
    joallana Posts: 33 Member
    5/11: AF
    5/12: AF
    5/13: AF
    5/14: 3
    5/15: AF
    5/16: AF

Well the weekend brewery tour plan was successful! I ended up drinking a little less than 3 standard drinks across 7 breweries. There’s only one I’ll ever go back to (I love wild fermentation!) but it was a fun time and having the punch card definitely took the mental pressure off wrt the “well I spent money on this, I have to drink it.”

Tonight I was feeling grumpy and wanting wine, but then I remembered I bought a bunch of Proxies based on a rec from April’s thread and popped open the Sauvage instead. I am … pretty upset about how good it was, haha. It did not taste like white wine (which I don’t usually enjoy) but it was the perfect thing to sip on at the end of a long day. I was looking forward to saving money by drinking less and now I can just feel I’m going to end up paying for a subscription to these!
  • MissMay
    @mainelylisa here is our May thread.
  • Breathe57103
    Breathe57103 Posts: 90 Member
    Posting for accountability.

At this point my goal is to just drink less than the daily drinking I have been doing for the last 2 months.

5/13 AF
    5/14 AF
    5/15 3 drinks
    5/16 3 drinks

Being alone is really hard. I need to find something to motivate me to resume taking better care of myself.
  • MissMay
    Posting for accountability.

At this point my goal is to just drink less than the daily drinking I have been doing for the last 2 months.

5/13 AF
    5/14 AF
    5/15 3 drinks
    5/16 3 drinks

Being alone is really hard. I need to find something to motivate me to resume taking better care of myself.

Agreed @Breathe57103 , boredom, loneliness and isolation are fuel to the fire for filling a void with alcohol (or food).
    I know it has ben a very short time since your husband pasted.
    I keep putting myself into your time frame and shoes as to where I was after my 1st husband (of 24 years marriage) died of cirrhosis of the liver.
    I had to tell myself everyday "Get out of bed". Luckily I had two active young dogs that needed lots of exercise and attention. They kept me sane.

Maybe you can try volunteering at a shelter, daycare or church. To get you out and around people. I am sure you have some much needed strengths that would be helpful to others and in return you would get socialization from being near others.

Plus knowing you will be around those people you can concentrate on LESS alcohol. Because you will need a clear head.

💕
  • MissMay
    I had a planned drinks night last night, I actually scheduled it for the exact middle of the month ( before I knew it was a full moon, LOL.

Also combined with the thought I'd be home and not needing to drive anywhere. So two cans of coffee/beer and darn it kept me awake past my bedtime.

This stuff has WAY to much caffeine kick for me these days and I am not enjoying the racing heart and wide eyes past 10:00PM. It has got to GO. I so thrive for my good sleep every night. I know just the person to give this too 😈

May accountability:
    2-A (three standard drinks)
    14 - AF

• dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn.

I am drinking less to lose weight. Diet and exercise were not budging the scale for me until November 2018 when I began to drink less. Drinking derails weight loss.

Diary style.

Sunday May 15 - AF - Going to a comedy show on Monday, not sure if I will have drinks or not yet.
    Monday May 16 - 2 drinks. The comedy show was really good, and good for me.

Rolling total: 9AF out of 16 days.
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 782 Member
    Hello everyone
    I had a cabinet person come out yesterday and measure....yeah. He will have numbers for me today. If we go with them they will be back out for the final measure then off to the local factory for assembly. I even went inside the local place to make sure. I am picky that way.
    Then it is ordering counter tops and appliances. Costco keeps saying out of stock for the suites I want. Grr.
    BUT I have stayed AF Sun + Mon. I seem to be falling into a pattern of 5AF days and 2A on the weekend. But only the two beers when out so OK. Next phase will be maybe 1 day a week. Its a process.

@MissMay I have been reorganizing my art room. Yikes. I purchased another 3 drawer bin. This is going to take awhile when I really want to just paint and create. I am still waiting for our weather to stay warm above 55 before I blow up the pool.
  • MissMay
    lmlmrn wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    I had a cabinet person come out yesterday and measure....yeah. He will have numbers for me today. If we go with them they will be back out for the final measure then off to the local factory for assembly. I even went inside the local place to make sure. I am picky that way.
    Then it is ordering counter tops and appliances. Costco keeps saying out of stock for the suites I want. Grr.
    BUT I have stayed AF Sun + Mon. I seem to be falling into a pattern of 5AF days and 2A on the weekend. But only the two beers when out so OK. Next phase will be maybe 1 day a week. Its a process.

@MissMay I have been reorganizing my art room. Yikes. I purchased another 3 drawer bin. This is going to take awhile when I really want to just paint and create. I am still waiting for our weather to stay warm above 55 before I blow up the pool.

WOW great work staying AF Sun and Mon👍👍👍

LOL... you may need to clarify that last sentence about your "pool" to others reading. Blame me, I am the one who suggested it to you.🎨🎨🎨