WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Third time is a charm....
    Thank you for the warm thoughts for my DH and I. Part of me is relieved that they found something. The other part is concerned that they found something. We will know more on Wednesday morning. After his testing we headed to work. First customer I was helping I dropped my readers and broke the frames. DH dropped his vape and broke the tank as I left for my massage. I got home and was replacing the tank when I stepped on glass he missed cleaning up! I bleed worse than my husband who is on a blood thinner. Time to rest!

Time alone....I miss mine! Since DH no longer hunts our farm, we are always together.....Lisa- I was like you when he use to leave for a week to hunt. Enjoy, miss, count.

Family drama- everyone has some. Definitely have to decide which ones to involve self in.

Rental properties- we have been fairly blessed with ours with one exception and she was a nurse! In 2 years she trashed the house that was like new when she moved in. Currently happy with renters.

Time to rest! Love the pictures of art, projects, children, and flowers

Kylia in Ohio
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Carla in MN - that mass shooting at the church in CA was at my cousins church. She texted me last night to say she and her DH were fine. Services for Geneva Presbyterian were over and she was at a meeting. Taiwanese Presbyterian uses their building after regular services. That was when the shootings took place. The interesting thing is that congregational members had the shooter disarmed and tied up by the time the police got there.

KJ - love the sea cave.

Rebecca - Athena looks as if she is enjoying herself.

Katla - haven't heard anything about the puppies lately. Are you still looking for one?

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Lanette no my husband and I are getting our property ready to sell. We really like it down in Arizona so we are moving our rental down to the condo that we bought and we will buy a house down there for us. The two rentals that we had up here our four bedroom house and studio cabin were both destroyed by the renters!! Their damage deposits will not even begin to cover the damage. We've got a lot of work ahead this week to get them on the market by June 1st. It took a full day to clean out the refrigerator. And I spent half a day cleaning the oven and stove top! I can't believe anybody lived like this!! The renter in the cabin used something like a paintball gun with Frozen paintballs and shot the front and side of the refrigerator around a hundred times, shot both of the metal doors several times, and shot holes in the walls and bathroom wood door. He was in the process of painting the mess he made on the walls when he decided to go over to his friend's house and play Russian roulette and lost his life. We've had a strange first week back in Minnesota!!

Have a great day ladies!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

How awful!

I think this might be one reason our landlords have been so good to us ... if anything we're improving the place a little bit.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited May 2022

Lanette: The town in the ’Hope Street’ is about 5 miles from our house. We often walk along the Commons there. It’s great fun figuring out where the different scenes were shot.

Terri - Wow, that's exciting knowing that show is filmed where you actually walk :) Do you know if they've started filming the next season yet?

Now I want to rewatch Season 1 and pay better attention, lol.

Lanette B)

There are several film studios in Belfast, so we often see location filming taking place around Northern Ireland. There has been a large on location film unit based in an industrial estate near us for a couple of weeks, and we were speculating yesterday if it might be Hope Street.
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited May 2022
    Thinking of those of you with family dramas, and relatives with health challenges, especially DHs.

I am off out to Craft at 10am, so will check back in later.

(((Hugs))) 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 and 💕💖💕 to all.

☘️ Terri

Page 40
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    kymarai wrote: »
    Time alone....I miss mine! Since DH no longer hunts our farm, we are always together.....Lisa- I was like you when he use to leave for a week to hunt. Enjoy, miss, count.

Kylia in Ohio

My time alone is when I go to work.

Only ... the bus is full of people and I work with a collection of very talkative work colleagues.

So the only time I'm alone is when I go for a walk at lunch ... but there are a lot of others out walking at lunch most of the time, too.

So really, I'm hardly ever alone anymore.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    kymarai wrote: »
    Third time is a charm....
    Thank you for the warm thoughts for my DH and I. Part of me is relieved that they found something. The other part is concerned that they found something. We will know more on Wednesday morning. After his testing we headed to work. First customer I was helping I dropped my readers and broke the frames. DH dropped his vape and broke the tank as I left for my massage. I got home and was replacing the tank when I stepped on glass he missed cleaning up! I bleed worse than my husband who is on a blood thinner. Time to rest!

Kylia in Ohio

Ouch! Rest well!

I'm the opposite ... my superpower is clotting. :neutral:

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    My back-ache did NOT miraculously go away overnight, so I have taken today as a rest from exercise day. :) I spent the time I would have been on the machines editing my new book 'WHERE AM I?' I can only manage an hour at a time, so I will watch a video about mental health later this morning.
    We are picking up Bea after school, so I will get some walking in. About 3.5 miles in all.
    I'm really hoping this backache doesn't last long! Trying to send it healing love.

My friend L had her operation yesterday and says it feels better than the other hip did, so she's optimistic. Still on heavy painkillers though in hospital.

Love to all. Rori, can you send me some healing vibes. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx where the sun is shining again.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »

I'm the opposite ... my superpower is clotting. :neutral:

M in Oz

My younger daughter is also a super clotter. The lab techs had to use extra anticoagulants when trying to collect blood from a finger prick when she was little.

Our bodies are amazing.

❤❤
    Kylia up early on Ohio

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,287 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, my chickens, hope everyone is as well as can be...

As soon as I drop this missive here, I have to update the medications list that I take with me to the docs. They always say, "Bring all prescription pills to your visit," and I utterly refuse to drag all the pills I take around with me, so I keep the list with all details on an Excel spreadsheet. I keep one print out in my wallet for emergencies (has Corey's phone number, etc.) The technicians that check me in always seem quite relieved.

Went to bed an hour early with a barometric headache last night that was just laying me out. Woke up feeling better, thank goodness.

Talked to my best friend for an hour and a half yesterday - she and her husband were driving down to their new home, on her mother-in-law's property, five hours south in Montana. He was driving the truck and dragging their trailer, and she was driving her car. Well, they were headed to where the home is being built - they'll be living in that 5th wheel travel trailer for a while. BTDT, She's talked me through a dozen moves in the same amount of time, glad it wasn't me this time.

Doctor's visit in four hours, and that just kind of wrecks my morning, but that's OK, wasn't planning to accomplish much. It's basically a status check with the gastroenterologist. Corey will be up in a half hour, so I need to get his lunch ready. His coffee is perking now.

Welcome to those who are returning or new...

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    I must start playing the piano again!!
    I haven't had time since November.

9wfcxwfv9l3w.png

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Kylia take care!

When I woke up, I had been dreaming I was at the beach renting a boat. Rather disappointing to be back in the house. Time for a day trip! Somewhere other than groceries.

I want to change my tax withholding today, which involves digging through HR bureaucracy.

Today's goal is to save my exercise calories for Thursday. It will be tough, as I am hungry already. Just waiting for my eggs to reach my belly, as they say.

Have a great day! Looks to be sunny here.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited May 2022
    I got my weeks mixed up. Craft is next Tuesday, but I’m doing crafty things at home.

Machka: Love that graphic. I must dust off my keyboard and start practicing again.
    Heather: Have you tried some heat on your back. I have a heat pad and it works wonders when I get lower backache.

Rentals: Having good tenants is a godsend. Our last tenant stayed nearly six years, looked after the property well, and always let us know if anything needed attention.

Loving all the pics of children etc. I have to borrow DH’s tablet if I want to post photos, and it doesn’t access my photos!!!! Boooo!!!

☘️ Terri
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    edited May 2022
    hhof wrote: »
    Anyone have a suggestion for a good beginners, never done before, Yoga app? I see they have them for weightloss, strengthening and breathing. I am over 50, over weight, with knees that don’t do stairs but can walk like a cross country trekker!

hhof= going to weigh in real quick on this^. I am a stubborn yoga participant. It is not my favorite thing to do; mainly because it requires me to be quiet and mindful. lol I use an app called Yoga. It is a purple icon with a white colored person sitting in lotus position. I like it because it has directions for each move, it has beginner, intermediate, and advanced positions and you know exactly how long each session will take (usually between 6-10 minutes) Luck! KJ
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,267 Member
    <3