😃😃😃😃😃
    19 May:
    🔹 07.20: meditation (30)
    🔹 07.50: wake-up walk (20)
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 posted Sole Mates steps from yesterday
    🔹 decluttered email inbox
    🔹 researched accommodation for grad ceremony in Oxford for end of July (granddaughter)
    🔹 09.20: breakfast
    🔹 shower/dress
    🔹 laundry
    🔹 Decluttered kitchen w/tops
    🔹 10.50: Coffee/relax
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 11.35: pruned shrubs
    🔹 13.00: lunch/clear up
    🔹 13.30: aerobics (15)
    🔹 Watched News/TV prog
    🔹 15.00: more Gardening
    🔹 16.30: coffee/relax
    🔹 19.00: Make dinner/clear up
    🔹 Watched TV
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+
    @littleblackskirt I also overdid the gardening today. Thighs, abs, and butt are screaming.
    @pridesabtch Sierra’s difficulties aren’t your your fault. These things weren’t known about as much as they are today. And you are a great mum to those girls.

🦄 Terri
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Oh, and I got my medicine yesterday! I feel like a bit of a survivor! Feeling better already, should be a lot more energetic in 3 or 4 days.

SO happy you were able to get the meds that you need.. and hope you start to feel better soon!
  • mytime6630

JFT Wednesday
    - Up at 6:30 :neutral: up but didn't move until closer to 7:30
    - Weigh :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :neutral: 8:10, pretty close
    - Morning meeting :smiley:
    - Area pre-audit :smiley:
    - Work on audit report :smiley:
    - Leave work around noon :smiley:
    - Straighten up house :smiley:
    - Welcome kiddo home :smiley:
    - Maybe get some balloons for V's b-day :(
    - ride :(
    - shower :(
    - Birthday get dinner & gifts :smiley:
    - no alcohol :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:30 :smile:

Happy Wednesday y'all!

Sierra made it home safely yesterday and we talked for hours. It was really nice hearing about her year, except that she told me she went through a severe depressive episode. She did finally reach out for help, thank goodness. She lost 25 pounds in 1 month, she only weighs 115 on a good day. It broke my heart, but I stayed upbeat and encouraged her to continue seeing her therapist over the summer. I didn't want her to see my pain. It really is one of my biggest fears. My problems got worse when I went to college and I really don't want that for her. I blame myself in a way because my family has such a strong history of mental illness. I wasn't diagnosed until after I had kids, and though my mom and grandmother were both nuts, nothing was ever said or diagnosed. I often wonder if I would have still had kids if I'd known I was such a mess. I just love my girls so much I don't want them to have to live through what I have. Hopefully, now that both are in therapy at a relatively young age, things won't get as out of hand as they did with me. I didn't share this with my hubby, because I just don't know how or if she wants me to. It will break him in two. She is daddy's little girl.

As for the rest of the day, it was pretty great. V was really happy with her birthday gifts, dinner and brownies.

Today, I'm just doing the work thing and then going home and doing the mom thing. Don't feel like making goals for today...

From what I know about you.. you are one of the best moms. Don't ever blame yourself for your daughters mental illness. I do not have mental illness, yet my daughter has schizoaffective bipolar. For years I blamed myself for causing this. I thought it was something that I did in parenting her, until I realized so many others in my family suffered from the same mental illness. It was in the genes .. there was nothing I could do to stop her from having this. Like you, I thought if I had known all this I would not have had children. But like you, I love my kids so much, and I would not trade that for anything.

This is something that is no one's fault. Mental illness is so hard to explain, and so many have it. You should be very very proud of your daughter for getting the help that she needs, seeing a therapist. She is a beautiful girl.. she has a beautiful caring mother. Hugs to you! With your support, I know she will be OK.
  • mytime6630
    I've not been on here posting goals, nor even reading for awhile. But .. I am watching my food intake, and I'm hoping the scale will show a loss tomorrow.
    we have been very busy.. just been away from my computer for awhile on purpose. I think sometimes I just needed a break!
    Love you .. will post goals tomorrow!
    But I have been doing OK on my exercise challenge
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,504 Member
    JFT for 5/19 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/11) No cookies today.✔️
    2) Peanut butter ok today (last 5/14)✔️
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 5/23✔️
    4) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/17) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.✔️
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/14)✔️
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)✔️
    7) Turkey jerky ok today. (last - 5/15)✔️
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 5/16)✔️
    9) Pumpkin or yam ok today (last 5/17)✔️
    10) None of Gary's stash for my desserts, but can have nuts.✔️
    11) Can eat a brunch today because of long lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 5/20 (tomorrow): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/11) No cookies today.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 5/14)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 5/23
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/19) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/14)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today. (last - 5/19)
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 5/16)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 5/19)
    10) None of Gary's stash for my desserts, but can have nuts.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Oh, and I got my medicine yesterday! I feel like a bit of a survivor! Feeling better already, should be a lot more energetic in 3 or 4 days.

I'm glad you've got your meds sorted! You are a survivor! You've done so well trying to manage your health whilst waiting for them. Well done! Hope.you feel much better soon
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Had a busy day yesterday. Didn't manage to sort the bank out. Got too many other things going on and I'm sick of banks lol. I'll get round to it.

So I had my back up plan ready with the foodbank voucher. And had organised a lift of my SIL Amy so I didn't have to walk it. (When you're not in a car, they tend to give you less so you can carry it all)

Although she let me down last minute, not her fault, she was poorly during the night and basically couldn't keep off the toilet.

Luckily my two friends said they'd walk with me and help with the bags. It was a 30 minute walk to foodbank. I was knackered. My friend had the genius idea.of stealing a trolley from the supermarket over the road 🤣 and that we did and we wheeled it all the way abck to my house 😅😅 sorry not sorry. Needs must.

Anyway, got all the food away. Fed the dog straight away. Poor thing was hungry. He had ate but not proper dog food and not nearly enough.

Go another busy day of phonecalls today to various bills chasing us. Everyone's gonna have to wait. If I can't afford food, then I sure can't afford to pay the debts and every ones getting told that today.

Also giving a ring to ash's doctor. For too long he has been fobbed off with his health and just gets given different tablets every time. He needs a re-evaluation of what his disorders actually are by a proper psychiatrist. Today they'll be getting a piece of my mind and I won't be getting off the phone until they've done everything I've asked for.

Anyway, well within my calories yesterday and actually ate enough to complete diary unlike the day before.
    And that trip to the foodbank (Inc school runs too) got me to 17k steps!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Anniesquats100 Happy to hear you had an excellent day! You are really in the zone :)

JFT Thursday 19th May

Stay under maintenance yes
    Only one snack yes
    Walk only 30 minutes, but I did walk behind lawn mower for another 45 minutes
    Grocery shopping yes
    Post court letter yes

JFT Friday 20th May

Stay under maintenance
    Only one snack
    Walk
    Prep for Saturday
    Garden

May Challenge
    Week 1 180/150
    Week 2 0/150
    Week 3 114 /150

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    @azulvioleta6 - So glad to hear you finally got your meds. Hope you feel much better soon.

@pridesabtch - The college years can be really rough. So sorry your daughter had a mental health crisis, but I'm glad to hear she reached out for help. It's great that she feels comfortable talking to you. We can't help what we pass on through our genes, but we can offer support and model an appropriate response. Your daughter is so fortunate she has you.

@Bex853172 - A correct diagnosis can make all the difference, so I hope Ash gets the care he needs.

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 950 Member
    edited May 2022
    Didn't do much of anything yesterday, so I've got lots to do today. Not really up for posting goals, but I plan to work in the garden and try to get some exercise.

May challenge
    Goal 1: 30+ min of exercise at least 5 days per week (tracked weekly)
    Week 1: B) 51 :) 30 B) 72 B) 60 B) 35 X Rest day :) 45 -- 6/5
    Week 2: X Rest day :) 70 B) 54 X X B) 40 B) 48 -- 4/5
    Week 3 B) 57 :) 56 X X
    Goal 2: 24 total hours of exercise for the month
    TTD: 618 min. (10.3 hr.)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 5/19 R
    1) Walked dog 3.18 mi before work, saw cranes in flight :sunglasses: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / pace during webinar :mrgreen: 14.8K 31 floors 14/14 boom!
    3) Make supper? toasted cheese sandwich & side salad / net calories zero / 96 oz. water :smiley: net cals -189 close enough, sodium green yay, fiber & calcium excellent, protein good, 96 oz. water
    4) Write F&D summaries for Warehouse records & as many Hold Percentages (20) as I can today ~ surprised to receive requested docs early from operations director, worked on those standards instead / download & print W CPE & submit with webinar summary form / 2-3 webinar / complete summary form, pdf, digital sign / download & print CPE & submit with summary / Facebook Live video / emails current = 6.5/7 & chatted w/ Denise from Finance down the hall on her last day before retirement ~ I'm going to miss her
    5) Breadsmith / grocery shop / mail dentist pmt / contact GBBG re online pass update need to figure out digital wallet / check DVR / make overnight oats / boil eggs / anything else? made hummingbird food & refilled feeder TA-DA = 5/8
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / early alarm (if raining, PT, if not, walk dog) :smiley: 4.5/6

JFT TGIF 5/20
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Decide which recipe for supper & make / net calories zero / 96 oz. water
    3) Finish F&D summaries for integrity docs (2) & as many Hold Percentages (20) as I can today / update Project Status s/s / update & submit weekly PRO, PAR, HW s/s's / emails current
    4) PT exercises or walk to park if not raining
    5) Fill watering cans / boil eggs / make overnight oats / wash dishes / digital wallet & GBBG pass / dermatologist pmt / contact bookstore / bday card for Di / another ta-da?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / pray & Calm / no alarm Sat. (not sure of plans)

Overnight we had thunderstorms, and dog was very nervous with thunder & wind. I ended up going downstairs to basement with her, which helps calm her. I put a blanket over her on the couch (which she loves) and watched more Downton Abbey marathon at 2 a.m. for half hour. Then upstairs to bed for me, dog stayed. Just couldn't get up this morning for alarm. However, Kitty let me know her breakfast was late. No dog walk & no PT exercises. Sigh. At least both rain barrels should be full, I need to water houseplants.

Work environment (mainly dept mgmt) has been a real pain in the *kitten* lately, and I'm so happy it's Friday. Counting the days to retirement this fall. Gets more real in my mind every time I let someone know.

May Exercise Challenge:
    Goal 1: PT exercises 4-5 days per week
    Week 1: :smiley::smiley::smiley: {more dog walks instead}
    Week 2: :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    Week 3: :smiley::smiley:

Goal 2: 3 mile dog walks, up to 5 days per week by end of May if knees permit
    Week 1: :smiley: 3.06 :smiley: 3.18 :) 1.61 w/ hubby :smiley: 3.06
    Week 2: :smiley: 3.25 before work yay :) 1.42 Fox Tails work hike :smiley: 3.06 :sunglasses: 3.19
    Week 3: :smiley: 3.14 :sunglasses: 3.18

About me: Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    64 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • registered for Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 ~ first time in person since 2019
    • will register for Packers 5K when July details announced
    • will register for Bellin Women's Pink Pumpkin 5K when Oct. details announced
    • will register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K when Oct. details announced
    • watch for other events to add
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    I did yoga for knees and my fast marching video. Yay!
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 5/20 (today, updated): ✔️
    1) No desserts today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added (last 5/11) No cookies today.
    2) No peanut butter today (last 5/19)
    3) Don't weigh again until Monday, 5/23
    4) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/19) Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at Italian restaurant ok.
    5) Starting to allow honey again, but not everyday. Honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last - 5/14)
    6) No peanuts today & No pistachios today; walnuts & almonds & mixed nuts ok (22-28 g)
    7) No turkey jerky ok today. (last - 5/19)
    8) No chicken Vienna sausage today (last 5/16)
    9) No pumpkin or yam today (last 5/19)
    10) None of Gary's stash for my desserts, but can have nuts.

• mytime6630
    edited May 2022
    I had to go back almost 7 pages to try and catch up. Other than briefly skimming the posts, I am so far behind. If I don't post in the evenings, I just don't seem to get it done, so I have to make sure and write in the evenings.
    But just getting on here quickly before I get started working.
    Even though I'm not posting daily, I am doing good with my exercise, and I am committed to get my AIC and weight down. So at least for this week, I am doing good.
    I always have oatmeal with raisins for breakfast .. swapped out blueberries for the raisins (Read that raisins have a lot of sugar). So I'm just trying to swap out things that are not as healthy .. like brown rice instead of pasta or potatoes! And hubby and I are trying NOT to lay down after dinner in the evenings.
    Hubby tells me to stop snacking completely in the evenings.. which I know for me is my hardest habit to break, but at least this week, I have done really good.I think it helps that I'm trying to get a evening walk in.. and being busy has helped. I'm always busy, but it was the mindless grabbing stuff. So now if I do snack, its a apple, orange, or protein drink. My goal was to start June at 198 .. I am at 197.6 (So yay, out of the 200s!). If I can keep this up, by November I can be back at my goal weight of 175!
    Seems like a long ways off .. but its one day at a time
    I will try and catch up tonite on all I've missed!
    May challenge
    Goal 1: 60+ min of exercise at least 5 days per week
    Goal 2: Limit nitetime snacking
    Personal Challenge - Lose 5 pounds
    SW April: 207 (-3.6)
    May 1 - 203.6
    May 6: 203.6
    May 11: 200.2
    May 20: 197.6
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    :
    JFT for Thursday, 5-19
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills :)
    2. No grains or sugar :)
    3. Track food :)
    4. Take a long walk :( got busy with urgent stuff!
    5. 10,000 steps :(
    6. 8 C water :)
    7. No caffeine after noon :)
    8. 5+ freggies :)
    9. Keep working on improving sleep :( Fitbit sleep score 54
    10. Get 4th COVID jab :neutral: had to make an appointment, getting it on Saturday

JFT for Friday, 5-20
    1. Eat breakfast/take morning pills
    2. No grains or sugar
    3. Track food
    4. Take a long walk
    5. 10,000 steps
    6. 8 C water
    7. No caffeine after noon
    8. 5+ freggies
    9. Keep working on improving sleep
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    Just for Today

1. Create & Assess 24H Plan - breakfast burrito for lunch, meatless taco salad or burrito for dinner.
    2. Drink 64 oz water before 7 pm
    3. Podcast/Research/Journal for self-care today
    4. 10 minutes of Full Rest x3 per Rheumatologist
    5. Balance checkbook, pay rest of bills and look at June budget
    6. Research ideas for Father's Day getaway
    7. Find old quilt top for summer challenge
    8. Prep ingredients for easy cooking tonight
    9. Evening Routine: Set up Coffeemaker, set alarm for morning wake up, set out walking clothes, gratitude journal, Simple Abundance/JM New Start New Day/365 Daily Readings, read new Blake Pierce mystery, early lights out.

WOTY 2022: Intentional. I will make intentional decisions on my journey to good health and happiness this year!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    Well, I couldn't stay away from the scale, and it's up three pounds! Most of that should rinse away.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my dose of metamusal, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.