• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Alfie and I are chilling out,got the garbage out and did bit more sorting...
    Tomorrow Carmine has a 2 hr delay for school so she doesnt have to be there until 9:30 so will drop her off and then take him down for his snack time.. and back
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Kim – I think Denise is feeling a bit overwhelmed with Pete now working 10 days straight. I felt she was somewhat overwhelmed the last time we were there, and I think she’s even more overwhelmed right now. I’m going to text her that while we’re there, she could take a day off from work to do something just for her if she wants to. Even if it’s just laying in front of the TV. To be able to go to the bathroom without a “ma, what ya doing? Can I help?” We’ll watch PJ. It’s probably no fun working all day and then having to come home to figure out what to eat for dinner. She used to eat out all the time, and I suspect that hasn’t changed. I know that I appreciated not having to worry about dinner and having it just made for me. So I’d like to do that for her. I guess that’s where all this is coming from

Allie – why does Carmine have the delay? It’s not the middle of winter so the delay probably isn’t weather related.

Lanette – I hope you can go Thursday.

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Tracey, I'm so sorry... Hugs for you and Kaitlyn too, it's such a hard thing.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, Tracy. Heartbreaking.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Tracey- Hugs!

Some days things have to be just good enough....I got my new plates ordered for my car, worked, got fuel in the Shelby GT tonight, started DH'S dinner, got hair colored, picked up new readers. Got home at 915. Really just wanted to sit down, but clutter was yelling at me. I prepared DH's pills for week, emptied and filled dishwasher, wiped down counters, put away papers. My bathroom will wait until tomorrow. Wanted to catch up with y'all.

Michele Enjoy your time with grandson. They grow up and get busy quickly!
    Rebecca Enjoy your trip too

Time for bed!
    Prayers for all including Texas tonight.

Hug your loved ones tight. Life is short!

Kylia sleepy in Ohio
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    (((Tracey))) sorry to hear that 💞

<3 Mary from Arizona/ Minnesota
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Tracey - hugs!!

When I go to my mom's I try to help and I get told that everything I do is wrong, sometimes directly some times under her breath. When she comes here she complains about everything - even where the drawers are located in my kitchen - and wants to know when I am going to fix it.... I try really hard to be chill, but some times !

And you are probably 100% right Michele but the ticket is has she asked you to do all of these things or have you volunteered and she has said yes, or could she perceive it as you taking over and judging her? or could Pete perceive it as you taking over and complain about you? The judgement is NOT about weather or not you are judging, but how she perceives it.... and if she perceives it as judgement it will not help your overall relationship.

Kim in N. California
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Michele - I have taught cooking classes to 3 year olds and it is amazing what they can do with a little bit of coaching… Stirring, pouring, sprinkling thinking instant pudding with sprinklers or chocolate chips; using cookie cutters and sprinkles or frosting, making salad, tearing lettuce, counting out cherry tomatoes, grating cheese on a box grater, turning pre-cut red tomato slices into rings… or prepping green beans, as they can be cut with a butter knife --- if you can get your hands on them shelling peas is a great job! As for an entrée, thinking kid friendly food, individual pizzas, burritos/quesadillas, hot dogs, either with a bun or mixed into mac ‘n cheese - that can be boxed, or just cook some macaroni and PJ can cut the hot dog, grate the cheese and mix it all up. Make your own chicken fingers… you cut the breasts into “fingers” and then PJ can dip them in egg wash and then in a coating. And honestly if one of the adults will not eat what their child or grandchild makes them then after you and PJ are done they can fix themselves something in the kitchen.

I don’t remember who asked about would my mom move, and the answer is yes, she is delighted with the idea – and actually was planning to downsize before she took on raising her grandson 20 years ago, then that put everything on hold. When he was a senior in high school, we had just begun looking at places for her when my DB announced he had “cancer” and was dying – NOT. ☹ Housing pricing in her area are high so between her retirement and the sale of the house she has the ability to make a choice to her liking.

I got my first shingles vaccine today…. Glad to get that done, many years ago my mom got shingles and had a miserable time – it lasted for 6+ months…. I don’t want that!!!

Sending love to all.

Kim in N. California

I got 1st of the 2 dose shingles on Monday too! I am one sore puppy! I have a knot!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Heather - what a relief to have them landed. Hope you sleep well tonight.
    I walk, sit, stand and sleep all wrong. Who knew you wouldn’t know how to do that properly for your own body. Is it posture related?

Visiting Moms- My Mom would sit back and let me take over at her house when I visited after I was married and keeping a house of my own. When she came to visit me she sat and let me wait on her. 😂
    My MIL when she comes to visit takes over my kitchen and house completely. I just relax and let it all go, the visit with her is more important than where my dishes are supposed to go or how I do laundry.
    When I visit my MIL I offer to help do whatever she is doing, usually I’m told to sit down and shut up. 😂
    To me the most important is that We are enjoying the visit, having a power struggle over how something is done is not worth it to me.

Rebecca - Would your DH sleep in their bed if they slept on the air mattress. That’s what we had to do when my Dad visited one time. We were younger and didn’t mind it as much.
    My first paid job was picking strawberries in 1982. We were paid $0.25 per box.
    So happy you are still going and that you had a chat with eldest son!

Terri - that sounds like a trip to look forward to.

Kim - I hope your Mom sells quickly and can get near you.

Michele - love your Smurf

Lanette - How frustrating it is to deal with a stubborn hubby who won’t try to get help.
    I have often threatened my DH with a cast iron frying pan over the head so I would have to call an ambulance to pick him up. He’s safe, I don’t own a cast iron pan.

My sweet baby girl called me sobbing just now. There won’t be a new grandchild. My heart is breaking for them. I went through this 35 years ago tomorrow and I know how difficult it is.

Tracey in Edmonton

No we did that once, and their bed had more dog hair than the couch. Its just all over and being that husband is not a dog fan its more than he wants to handle. I can overlook it all no worries. I picked strawberries too! I made enough money to buy my own Greyhound ticket and ride from Portland Oregon to St Paul Minn. I must've been in 3rd grade. I went with my grandmother. Yep he's a great kid. 💖👍🙏⚓
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Michele and my grandkids are about the same age!💖👍
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Tracey - How devasting. I am so really sad for Kaitlyn and the family. I know you will be a great support . It is your loss too. <3<3<3

Thank you for saying that about the "landing". The idea of my whole heart up in the air in a metal box is just .... is just .... I never knew I could love so much.
    It's nice and warm over there!

Back feeling much better today. Apparently, I tilt over too much when I walk. I should keep my hips thrust more forward and walk into the heels with my knees more bent. I've never been able to walk! I find running much easier. I think my lower half is basically a mess and my wonky knee doesn't help. I have foot problems too. Good job I'm so active. She wants me to rest today and only do very light stretching. I hate not exercising as I like to EAT!
    For today I will just stretch my quads and back a bit. And eat less. I am trying smaller portions, or leaving some for lunch the next day.
    I'm tempted to book another massage for near the cruise. I'm using my holiday savings to pay for this treatment, but it's worth it. Her hands are magic! :po:)

Love to all, especially those with stubborn relatives, husbands, parents etc. I know the feeling! With DH it works best if I plant a seed and let it germinate, but everyone is different. It works sometimes and he can often surprise me, if he feels he is choosing. Coming to live in Brighton and Hove was like that, and going on cruises! Plus doing more for his back and balance. Letting him puzzle about it for a while and come up with his own solution works best for him. I just ask the question. I still haven't got a solution to the LPOA though. Grrrr! Independence is his first name.....
    Yesterday I mentioned that we might go out furniture shopping for a new sofa, or two chairs, for him because my massage therapist said his knees should not be higher than his hips for his sacro-iliac and piriformis pain. He jumped at the idea, despite the price. Then I suggested, as a short term solution, that he get the base cushion off the sofa in the study and raise his sofa seat with it. He tried it and was delighted. It does not look pretty, but might help in the interim with the terrible sitting position. I've been complaining about that uncomfortable sofa for years. I have a different one and mostly lie down on it with strategic cushions.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Tracey, I’m so sorry. Hugs for all of you in this loss.

Lanette, hugs to you as well. Stubborn, stubborn men are so frustrating, especially when we love them and want to make things better for them.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Today is my mammogram at the on base clinic. Should be interesting! Most procedures were done at places with a technician that has been doing it for years. Not sure how I feel having some young corpsman doing it! Also I might freak them out because I have underarm hair. I'll be damned, if I am gonna shave it, because they're uncomfortable about it. I have noticed it doesn't really grow anymore, its just a nice wispy thing, and I do not have any underarm odor. I rarely use deodorant. I find that interesting. So there's that little tmi of info for you. Lol!
    Have a good day ladies!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Why would someone be uncomfortable about underarm hair???

As for deodorant, the recommendation is: "You should also avoid using deodorant, talcum powder or creams before your breast screen appointment, as these can show up on your x-ray."
    https://www.breastscreen.nsw.gov.au/your-mammogram-appointment/your-mammogram-appointment-faqs#:~:text=You should wear a two,up on your x-ray.

All the best!

M in Oz