WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Kim – I think Denise is feeling a bit overwhelmed with Pete now working 10 days straight. I felt she was somewhat overwhelmed the last time we were there, and I think she’s even more overwhelmed right now.

I’m going to text her that while we’re there, she could take a day off from work to do something just for her if she wants to.

Michele NC

I'm glad you're going to come right out and ask her how things are going and what she'd like to do.

You know what they say about assuming. :smiley:

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    My sweet baby girl called me sobbing just now. There won’t be a new grandchild. My heart is breaking for them. I went through this 35 years ago tomorrow and I know how difficult it is.

Tracey in Edmonton

So sorry. :heartbreak:

• Machka9
    Options
    Yesterday I mentioned that we might go out furniture shopping for a new sofa, or two chairs, for him because my massage therapist said his knees should not be higher than his hips for his sacro-iliac and piriformis pain. He jumped at the idea, despite the price. Then I suggested, as a short term solution, that he get the base cushion off the sofa in the study and raise his sofa seat with it. He tried it and was delighted. It does not look pretty, but might help in the interim with the terrible sitting position. I've been complaining about that uncomfortable sofa for years. I have a different one and mostly lie down on it with strategic cushions.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I would hate a sofa like that!!

I much prefer firm furniture. My favourite chair purchased just a few months ago ... only mine has black legs. I can sit in it with my legs at a 90° angle.

072gdii4phby.png

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Good morning all. Out early this morning to do the weekly shopping.

Was hoping to get some garden work done but it’s too showery at the minute.

Our accommodation in Oxford is booked. I’m looking forward to the trip, but will need to get some new clothes. I’m finding that retail therapy no longer appeals, but I haven’t bought any new togs since the first lockdown in 2020. I do not like buying clothes on mail order.

We have some work that needs done on some of our windows. Hoping it will be done in about a week’s time. As someone remarked, owning a property is an expensive business.

Tracey: (((Hugs)))

My done list for yesterday.
    24 May:
    🔹 06.45: meditation (30)
    🔹 07.15: wake up walk (15)
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 posted Sole Mates steps from yesterday
    🔹 declutter/store winter clothes
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 08.45: Aerobics (15)
    🔹 09:05:shower/dress
    🔹 09.30: breakfast
    🔹 10.30: Craft group meeting
    🔹 13.40: lunch/clear up/relax
    🔹 watch TV/read
    🔹 16.30: coffee/chill
    🔹 19.20: dinner/clear up
    🔹 Watch TV
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+
    🔹 22.10: walking workout (42) to get daily steps
    🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Tracey, I woke up thinking about you and your youngest daughter... I hope she finds a little solace in all the people who love her. Won't dissolve the grief, but makes it more bearable.

Heather, Very understandable, that fear. My year's stint as a flight attendant helped a lot, but then, my own fear of flying was never of flying itself; I just filed that as "magic" in the weird filing cabinet of my mind. It was of takeoffs and landings. Pleased they're all safely landed.

Regarding sitting postures, Corey and I ponied up for the electric reclining loveseat when we got to this house. It makes a huge difference for me because of my short legs. Since my feet have never hit the floor on any couch, even now, I habitually sit with my feet curled up, usually with my weight on my left hip. The only way I can make myself stop is by crocheting, as my feet have to be straight out in front of me.

Regarding walking, I hate walking as well, because it hurts my back and knees, whether it's outside or on a treadmill. My walking posture is probably horrible. I really miss running, but the knee doctor was adamant, no running on the new knee. The only thing that doesn't hurt in terms of my legs is an elliptical.

Supposedly more rain before 7 and then tapering off, but we'll see.

The news out of Uvalde, Texas, is the toll is now 19 children dead and two adults. I am staggered by how many are dead, and how many families have been devastated. It's unthinkable.

Later, ladies,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    DH has extremely long legs. I'm thinking about a 21" seat rise from the floor. Machka 's chair is similar to those we are thinking about, but DH needs higher.
    I never sit in chairs for long and I hate standing. I feel all the blood draining to my feet. I have to have my feet up, so I am usually semi-recumbent. I do all my writing on the bed. Like Lisa and Tracey, walking is very uncomfortable for me, but I'm trying to learn a new way. :o;) Like Lisa, I have spent a lot of time with my legs curled up if there is no alternative. Now I am old, that is not so good. :p

Trying to write the blurb for my new book. I have opened a file called "Blurb". A good start. ...... I find it the hardest bit of the book.
    Decided to listen to a podcast about death instead.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey, I am so sorry for you and for your daughter. (((Hugs)))

Pip, Is today your birthday? Happy Birthday, dear girl!

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I am sitting here with Miles sleepingin my lap..
    And sitting in disbelief of the tragedy in texas .
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Tracey so sad for your daughter. Hugs!

Annie in Delaware
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,525 Member
    Options
    "]
    My sweet baby girl called me sobbing just now. There won’t be a new grandchild. My heart is breaking for them. I went through this 35 years ago tomorrow and I know how difficult it is.

Tracey in Edmonton

I am so sorry to hear

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    (((Tracey and Kaitlyn)))
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    So sorry Tracey!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    I did my yoga and my fast marching. Yay! I've been pretty good on the diet and exercise for May after an awful April. I wish I would do as well on my other chores! Today I will work on cleaning my room.

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Sad news Tracey. I am so sorry for the loss of the baby. Was this a first born? My own mom miscarried twice before I was born. I hope your daughter will recover and be able to have another baby.

❤️ :heartbreak: ❤️