WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I am dragging my feet about going to the grocery store. DH plans to send me on my own. I am tired. My plan at the moment is to procrastinate. :noway: Probably not a good strategy. :grumble:

Pip—HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :smiley:

Can you order online and pick up? This is what I do now, and it has made all the difference.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Flea- i do the same thing...ordee and pick up groceries
    Pip- happiest of Birthdays dear friend ,im sorry its been a crappy year.. 63 is gonna be awesome !!
    Im tired and I dont have to babysit tomorrow.. so ill try and do some laundry and do some more picking up...
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Bday stats for the day-

birthday walk w/family- 1hr 56min 3sec, 53elev, 89ahr, 111mhr, 6.09mi= 545c
    Strava app = 694c
    Walk home to gym- 11.08min, .53mi= 49c
    Strava app = 61c
    Stairclimber- 21min, 126ahr, 153mhr, lvl5-8, 1115steps, 70fl= 196c
    Lateral machine- 17.10min, lvl5, 57arpm, 129ahr, 165mhr, 9laps, 2.01mi= 185c
    Walk gym to store then home- 16.55min, .76mi= 95c
    Strava app = 87c

Total cal 1070

Happy Birthday!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    🥺 Cannot comprehend the tragedy in Uvalde. So many young lives cut short.

☘️ Terri
    #perplexed
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Pip:
    🎂🥂🍾 Happy Birthday 🍾🥂🎂
    You are the bee’s knees!!!
    When you refer to something as 'the bee's knees', it means that it is of excellent or very high quality. The origin of this expression is largely unknown,
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Terri and Pip - my mom uses the saying the Bees Knees and I was hopping I could find a cute Bee and Birthday image instead I found this

Bee’s Knees Cocktail
    Author: Cookie and Kate
    Prep Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 5 minutes

• Yield: 1 cocktail
    • The bee’s knees is a classic cocktail made with gin, lemon and honey! This recipe is strong, refreshing and delicious. Recipe yields 1 cocktail; you can multiply the ingredients and make up to 3 cocktails at once in a standard cocktail shaker.
    INGREDIENTS
    • ½ ounce honey syrup (see step 1)
    • 1 ounce lemon juice (about ½ medium lemon)
    • 2 ounces gin
    • Lemon twist, for garnish
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. To make the honey syrup: Combine equal parts honey and water (say, 2 tablespoons each if you’re only making a few cocktails) in a microwave-safe bowl or small saucepan. Warm in the microwave or over the stovetop just until you can completely stir the honey into the water. Set aside.
    2. Before juicing your lemons, use a vegetable peeler or channel knife to peel off a strip(s) of zest for your twist.
    3. To make the cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the honey syrup, lemon juice and gin. Securely fasten the lid and shake until the mixture is very cold, about 30 seconds.
    4. Strain the drink into a coupe or martini glass. Twist the lemon peel over the cocktail to release some of its oils, then drop it in. Enjoy while cold.

Happy Birthday Pip!!!!!

That sounds delicious! If I could make one, and if I could drink it, (alcohol contraindicated) I would give a toast to you, Pip, for many more journeys around the sun.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pipster! <3

That Bees Knees recipe sounds great by the way. Have one for me if you're making some. :)

Lanette B)
    Holding down the fort in muggy SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pip! Don't get yourself down about the past. You are the best thing Kirby has ever got, don't you forget it.💖👍. Trips are just things, bones are just bones, and and that alien baby was one for the record books, but those things have no bearing on you and Kirby as a couple.

Whether the weather be fine,
    Or whether the weather be not,
    Whether the weather be cold,
    Or whether the weather be hot.
    We'll weather the weather,
    Whatever the weather,
    Whether we like it or not!

Hugs friend!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Thx for your kind words
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Thx for all your birthday wishes.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Kylia thank you one less repair.

Lanette I am on your page about vaccines for dogs. I also feel this way about flea and tick meds. I am now using essential oils on Drew.

(((Tracey))) (((Kaitlyn)))

Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Tracey … so very sorry to hear of your daughter’s loss…

Pip … Happy Birthday!

Rita … funny story!

Beth
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. My daughter is heartbroken and not feeling well. She is resting though and her DH is right by her side.
    I checked in with his Mom to see how he is doing and she said he is being stoic but really hurting.

Kim - It’s a shame your Mother criticizes. I hope when she moves closer she stops that.

Rebecca - I would struggle with the dog hair too, but put up with it to see my kids.
    I used all of my berry picking money to spend time at the pool and buy clothes. That was the summer I met my husband, it was money well spent I guess.

Heather - that is my problem with walking too. It’s taken me a long time, but I found one therapist that told me to walk with my belly sucked in. It automatically straightens your posture and makes you walk properly. Of course, you don’t hold your breath you still have to breathe.

My DH has to think things are his idea too. Then he tells me that I make all of the decisions. It’s infuriating.

Lisa - Thank you. I have talked to her today via text only. She has been napping on and off and sending a text when she wants to say something. She said she is trying to remember that she knows lots of people that have gone on to have healthy happy babies and it sucks right now but they will grieve and get through it. I have such a strong girl.

Katla - yes this would have been her first. They needed assistance getting there so it’s not as easy trying again, but they will be when she is given permission to do so.

Rita - that’s hilarious, if I was on the inside I would be screaming. Lol

Flea - too bad it couldn’t take the chin hairs first. They sure are stubborn.

Pip - Happy Birthday! I was always told those things come in 3’s I think you’re done for a while.

Michele - when I miscarried years ago, that was the problem I was A- and DH was A+. They gave me a shot and next time was no issue. Both of my girls are A+

Kylia - I agree with you. It’s a great way to get business. Even if they don’t have a huge repair, they probably recommend you die to that customer service.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Kylia thank you one less repair.

Lanette I am on your page about vaccines for dogs. I also feel this way about flea and tick meds. I am now using essential oils on Drew.

(((Tracey))) (((Kaitlyn)))

Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

A question ... aren't essential oils poisonous for pets?

I'm sure I read that about cats and essential oils ... especially lavender.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Good morning lovelies.

Heather: Men process things in an entirely different way, and are hard-wired to ‘fix’ things for us. We need to be very clear with them about what we need from them.

I am going into the ‘city’ to buy some fresh salmon. Probably won’t get much done in the garden today as we are forecast heavy showers today.

Daily DONE Log:
    25 May:
    🔹 06.30: meditation (30)
    🔹 07.00: wake workout(15)
    🔹 Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹 Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹 posted Sole Mates steps from yesterday
    🔹 write shopping list
    🔹 07:40:shower/dress
    🔹 breakfast
    🔹 08.00: weekly shopping trip
    🔹 Plan/Log food for today
    🔹 Balance macros
    🔹 09.45: put groceries away
    🔹 Laundry
    🔹 Design crochet project
    🔹 12.50: lunch/clear up/relax
    🔹 watch TV
    🔹 housework
    🔹 16.30: coffee/chill
    🔹 paperwork
    🔹 18.00: dinner/clear up
    🔹 Watch TV/relax
    🔹 Dancing (20)
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50+

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Regarding miscarriages ...

The genetic mutation: MTHFR and Factor V Leiden are responsible for blood clots and may be responsible for miscarriages too.

If someone has had a couple miscarriages and wants to get pregnant, it's worth having a blood test to check for these.

People have two MTHFR genes, inheriting one from each of their parents. Mutations can affect one (heterozygous) or both (homozygous) of these genes. I am homozygous for the C677T mutation - my MTHFR genes are both mutated.
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326181
    https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/mthfr#1

I had 2 or 3 miscarriages.

I also had DVT.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    I'm reading an excellent book, "Emotional Intelligence - Moving beyond the legacy of trauma" by Galit Atlas.

Love to everyone. Heather UK xxxxxxxx

In the 1980s, as I recall, we called "Emotional Inheritance" etc. "breaking the cycle".