The last 10 pounds challenge (closed group)

Options

Replies

• midnight8
    Options
    Am I too late to start?
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am up half a pound. This has to stop.

I did cardio 7 days and strength training 3 days.

I am going to try to cut my workouts this week and next week. There is no way my stomach could handle all the calories so my nets were not close to 0. Only week I lost is when I averaged 81 calories below my goal.

Keep you good works girls.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options

Is this next week the one that we are striving for the perfect weight?

Not this week, but we are going to do it next week. Starting on Sunday, September 25. One last push before we measure again.
  • vsetter
    Options
    I am weighing in at 127.5. I agree, this has to stop. I think that is up one pound for me. Before being knocked down by my second TOM, I had 3 days of strength and cardio. I did 150 jumping jacks before calling it quits.

Thanks for all the positive energy. I had my ultrasound today, but I don't have any information. They said that my doctor will have the results within a few days. I have an appointment with my GYN on Friday.

Oh and by the way --- my Pioneer event was fantastic with wonderful weather and over 8,000 people. The pedometer said that I walked almost 22,000 steps. WOW!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Val, keep us posted. We are all thinking of you. great walking though and glad the event was a success
  • vsetter
    Options
    No challenge this week.

BUT ---- Sunday, September 25 will start our "perfect week" challenge. Your goal is to be perfect for the entire week (that includes the weekend, ladies).

Together we came up with the following definition ---
    In order to be perfect: you must drink 8 or more glasses of water per day, your calories cannot be more than 100 over or under your goal, you must exercise at least 4 days (2 of those days should have some sort of strength activity).

It won't count against you, but try to stay under your carb and fat goals. Also try your best to reach or exceed protein and fiber goals.

In the meantime, think about where you want your calorie level to be (keeping in mind whether or not you want to eat back your exercise calories). Everyone's body responds different, so I think we can all have our own calorie goal BUT you must pre-define your goal. Be realistic --- we want to succeed next week. What's your plan?

I think that I am going to keep my 1340 calorie goal (but I don't plan to eat back my exercise calories)
  • vsetter
    Options
    Am I too late to start?

Sure....join in on the fun. You can jump in with Sunday's weigh-in. On the first Sunday of the month, we record our measurements. Be sure to introduce yourself. We have a great group of girls here....
  • vsetter
    Options

I'm having a real issue with meeting my protein goal. I pretty much always eat all my cals and my exercise cals. At 1200 cals it's hard not to! Any suggestions for boosting protein without the expensive cals? I know eggs are a good source but any other ideas?

I have found a few good high protein foods --- for breakfast I have been eating greek yogurt, cereal with vanilla protein powder in the milk, or an egg with turkey sausage. For lunch, I have found light string cheese and tuna (tuna is super high in protein). It's tough to reach protein goals.
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Shoot - I DID weigh in yesterday but forgot to report - sorry for the delay. I'm back down 3.1 to 146! Hooray!! Did no weight training last week and didn't do any of the challenges (I keep forgetting...). That's it - easy breezy! Hope everyone has a successful week!
  • Brooklyn85
    Options

In order to be perfect: you must drink 8 or more glasses of water per day, your calories cannot be more than 100 over or under your goal, you must exercise at least 4 days (2 of those days should have some sort of strength activity).

In the meantime, think about where you want your calorie level to be (keeping in mind whether or not you want to eat back your exercise calories). Everyone's body responds different, so I think we can all have our own calorie goal BUT you must pre-define your goal. Be realistic --- we want to succeed next week. What's your plan?

Question: I consider not going over my calories to be a success. I have my calorie goal set to 1100, sometimes 1200. If I workout I usually burn around 300+ calories, so I can eat maybe 1500 or so total, but I usually am not hungry after 1400 or so. So to succeed in the perfect week I would have to eat all 1500 calories on those days? I find I'm more successful at weight loss if I just make sure I don't eat more than I feel like my body needs on any given day.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! Val, I'm sending my happy thoughts to you!

Huge set back in my running, going to the doc tomorrow to get some advice on my tendonitis. I'm still not recording my food (I know, I know) but I'm quite proud of myself in that I am DEFINITELY eating smaller portions- even in my snacking habits. So, with so little good in the week, I am counting that as a victory of sorts. Trying harder this week...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Val, please keep us updated!!!
    Kristin-great job getting the weight back down!
    Brittany-good luck at the doctors!!!!!! Hope there is something relatively easy to ease your pain!!!!
    WELCOME Midnight8!!!!

Just remembered I have a wedding next weekend, Oct 1....oh well, I think I can still manage to stay in my calorie range. Hopefully, my ankle is better and I can start jogging again to burn some extra super calories for it :laugh:
    I got home from the gym about 45mins ago....currently icing...boo!! The pain is really weird it seems to move around during the day, affects my shin too??????? :huh:

Ladies, have a great day!!!!! You all did really well last week, lets try and practice for our perfect week this week (well until saturday for me, its all gonna go downhill :laugh: )
  • vsetter
    Options

Question: I consider not going over my calories to be a success. I have my calorie goal set to 1100, sometimes 1200. If I workout I usually burn around 300+ calories, so I can eat maybe 1500 or so total, but I usually am not hungry after 1400 or so. So to succeed in the perfect week I would have to eat all 1500 calories on those days? I find I'm more successful at weight loss if I just make sure I don't eat more than I feel like my body needs on any given day.

Is there an average number of calories that you typically eat when you are successful? If your average consumption ends up around 1400 calories (like you mentioned), then I would suggest making that your daily goal. Just make a note of your perfect goal in the notes section of your diary, so that we don't forget. I want us to be successful, so pick a level that works for you (and is of course do-able).

I know when I have a big exercise day (burning over 450 calories) I find that I can't eat back everything. That is why my perfect week goal is going to be a final total of 1300 or so calories (I'm still fine tuning that decision) :wink:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your fine tuning. I think I will keep my calorie goal as is....1380 plus exercise calories. That really does work for me....now if I could just keep my weekends in check I'd be doing GREAT!!!!! :happy:
  • MissMarthaGrace
    MissMarthaGrace Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention yesterday that I plan to stick with my 1200 calories PLUS my exercise points. That's been working just fine in a loss each week provided I adhere to that! :ohwell:

I'm going to try my darnest to have a "perfect" week ~ however the 26th is my birthday and I can't not have cake! Will just have to be conscious of my serving size.

Sending positive thoughts your way Val ~ hope everything comes out a-ok! :flowerforyou:
  • midnight8
    Options
    Hello girls! I'm Sammy, and and weight 129.something ;) I want to get down to 115 or 120. I'm five oneish btw :) excited to join y'all!!!!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep mine at 1500, plus exercise. It's how I've been losing this (almost) entire summer. I almost ALWAYS go over fat, but it's "good fat." Carbs, on the other hand... : /

I need to rethink my macros but am still not sure what they should be.

Added: Welcome to the group, Sammy!
  • vsetter
    Options
    Great job last week! It was definitely an improvement on our Labor Day week! :bigsmile:

Congrats to Kristin for losing 3 pounds last week. Since starting this challenge, she has lost about 5 pounds. Although Cathie did not lose this week, she has lost 8 pounds so far! WOW!!! Great job!!!

Congrats also to Brooklyn for losing one pound, cheshirechic for losing a tad over a half pound, and ljbhill for losing a quarter pound.

Cathie was our top jumping jacker. No one came close to her 1000 jumping jacks. Brooklyn came in second with 500 and Kate with 250.

Special WOOHOOs go to:
    ***cheshirechic for being the only one to meet calories for all 7 days!
    ***Kate for being the only one to meet protein goals for all 7 days!!
    ***Kate, Cathie, cheshirechic, and Brooklyn for meeting water goals each day. 26 glasses, Kate???? I'm amazed.

Keep up the good work!!!!

week7.jpg

weightweek7.jpg

For the "perfect week" challenge, we won't count points like we have been. Points will be awarded for meeting the perfect week definition (so you won't have to worry about protein, for example)
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I'm having a real issue with meeting my protein goal. I pretty much always eat all my cals and my exercise cals. At 1200 cals it's hard not to! Any suggestions for boosting protein without the expensive cals? I know eggs are a good source but any other ideas?

I have found a few good high protein foods --- for breakfast I have been eating greek yogurt, cereal with vanilla protein powder in the milk, or an egg with turkey sausage. For lunch, I have found light string cheese and tuna (tuna is super high in protein). It's tough to reach protein goals.

Thanks V! I've just started using a protein powder in my non-sweetened sheeps yoghurt with agave and passionfruit to flavour. I think I will also add it to my milk alternative (I've cut cows milk from my diet and am drinking either Soy or Almond milk). I wasn't aware that tuna was high in protein so thanks for the tip!! The last few days I've tried to plan and reach the goal but than as soon as I exercise, it's short again :grumble:

I'm out for next week's challange guys. Sorry but I am on holidays as of this Friday and am going on a road trip down the coast. I'll try and eat smart with healthy snacks but I know my alcohol consumption will be more than usual and will put me over in calories (I even think we are doing a wine tour). I'm also not sure how much exercise I'll be able to get in. We are staying in a few places with a gym and I am taking gym gear to get some exercise. We are going skiing for two days so I am going to count that and try for two more exercise days.

The scales have just started to move down again too. Damn!! I'll try and be good...

Good luck everyone!!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Thanks V! I've just started using a protein powder in my non-sweetened sheeps yoghurt with agave and passionfruit to flavour. I think I will also add it to my milk alternative (I've cut cows milk from my diet and am drinking either Soy or Almond milk). I wasn't aware that tuna was high in protein so thanks for the tip!! The last few days I've tried to plan and reach the goal but than as soon as I exercise, it's short again :grumble:

I'm out for next week's challange guys. Sorry but I am on holidays as of this Friday and am going on a road trip down the coast. I'll try and eat smart with healthy snacks but I know my alcohol consumption will be more than usual and will put me over in calories (I even think we are doing a wine tour). I'm also not sure how much exercise I'll be able to get in. We are staying in a few places with a gym and I am taking gym gear to get some exercise. We are going skiing for two days so I am going to count that and try for two more exercise days.

The scales have just started to move down again too. Damn!! I'll try and be good...

Good luck everyone!!