2»

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,226 Member
    Options
    26DEEP91 wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    You can also cut the same number of calories that would be in that meal at any other time of day and it will have the same result on fat loss.
    Simplified: if you are in a calorie deficit, you lose.

No There's diffrence

I disagree completely.

What would the difference be?

How do the laws of thermodynamics change by changing the schedule of your caloric deficit?

sijomial wrote: »
    Why are you trying to lose weight so fast?

Seems a very poor idea to lose weight rapdily while not working out. Don't you want to lose fat rather than muscle?

1 kg per week is not fast

I disagree in this particular case.

If you were 120 KG looking to get to 73 KG, then 1 KG per week might not be that fast. Even then it wouldn't be sustainable. At 77 KG trying to get to 73 KG, then 1 kilo per week is too fast. Then again, if you're really only doing it for four weeks, you won't do THAT much damage.

The next question is: What do you do in four weeks when you weigh 73 KG?

first about this
    How do the laws of thermodynamics change by changing the schedule of your caloric deficit?

my friend if we consume food in day time our body works and try to get energy directly before excess calories get converted into fat
    in night our body just convert calories into fat

1 kg per week means around 3 to 4 kg in a month. i.e. 10 to 12 kg in 3 months
    this speed is not much
    however this is not possible while we have just started losing weight
    weight loss has a graph
    in first 2 month iwe will not lose weight at fast rate, after 2 month weight loss is at relatively higher
    so after 2 month weight loss 10 to 12 kg in 3 months is significant

Your body, and mine, are always in a balancing act of storing energy and accessing stored energy. Are you suggesting that if I fast from the time I go to bed until an hour before I go to bet the next day, and if I eat fewer calories than my body has used in those 23 hours, I would gain weight because my meal was right before bed?

I would disagree with that completely.

There's an amount of energy my body uses in a day (or week). Your body does the same thing. There's an amount of energy I put into my body in a day (or week). You also put energy in your body. Here's the thing; if I put less energy into my body than I ask it to expend, my mass will decrease. Even if I only get up in the middle of the night and eat all my food between midnight and 02:00. I might not get good sleep, but that's another thing.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options

first about this

my friend if we consume food in day time our body works and try to get energy directly before excess calories get converted into fat

False.
    Your body is burning calories 24/7, and it doesn't just burn what you ate 5 minutes ago.

• 26DEEP91
    26DEEP91 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    You can also cut the same number of calories that would be in that meal at any other time of day and it will have the same result on fat loss.
    Simplified: if you are in a calorie deficit, you lose.

No There's diffrence

I disagree completely.

What would the difference be?

sijomial wrote: »
    Why are you trying to lose weight so fast?

Seems a very poor idea to lose weight rapdily while not working out. Don't you want to lose fat rather than muscle?

1 kg per week is not fast

I disagree in this particular case.

If you were 120 KG looking to get to 73 KG, then 1 KG per week might not be that fast. Even then it wouldn't be sustainable. At 77 KG trying to get to 73 KG, then 1 kilo per week is too fast. Then again, if you're really only doing it for four weeks, you won't do THAT much damage.

The next question is: What do you do in four weeks when you weigh 73 KG?

first about this

Factually inaccurate.

If we eat a big meal late at night, our scale weight might be higher next morning than if we'd cut off eating earlier in the day. That has nothing to do with bodyfat. It has to do with how digesting/metabolizing food works. Eating late means there's more waste/water in a person's system from the person's meal than if the last meal had been earlier, that's all. Waste is not just what ends up in the toilet, either: We sweat, exhale, etc. (When we lose bodyfat, around 80% of it leaves as exhaled gases. The rest is mostly water, either urinated out, sweated out, or part of the humidity in what we exhale.)

We're burning calories 24/7 just being alive. Of the calories we burn during sleep, the highest percentage come from body fat. That's the extreme of a general truth: Lower intensity activities are fueled relatively more from fat (as a percentage of their calorie burn); higher intensity activities are fueled relatively more from carbohydrates in various forms. It's not an on/off switch: With increasing intensity, there's a gradual ramp-up from fat-fueling to carb-fueling.

For weight loss (fat loss, anyway), even that doesn't matter.

If we're in a calorie deficit overall on average over periods of time (short on calories vs. how many you burn), eventually we'll make up that energy deficit by burning stored body fat. It doesn't much matter when we do it . . . might be during sleep, even.
    1 kg per week means around 3 to 4 kg in a month. i.e. 10 to 12 kg in 3 months
    this speed is not much
    however this is not possible while we have just started losing weight
    weight loss has a graph
    in first 2 month iwe will not lose weight at fast rate, after 2 month weight loss is at relatively higher
    so after 2 month weight loss 10 to 12 kg in 3 months is significant

The bolded is also not some universal truth, either. Maybe it was your past experience, but it wasn't mine, and - from reading here - it isn't true for a fair fraction of people.

Other than the initial (pretty meaningless) water weight drop people see if they switch from high-carb to low-carb eating, fast weight loss is a bad plan, because fast fat loss is a bad plan. Increases health risks, makes the process less sustainable.

Sure, severely obese people can safely lose faster than people at lower weights. Unless you're under 157 cm, you're not obese, let alone severely obese.

Right
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to lose my weight
    currently at 77 kg, target at 73 kg
    any better idea?

I’m unsure what better ideas you are looking for?

A better way to eat?
    Better meal timings?
    How to form habits so you can maintain?
    How to set up an exercise program you love?

I do find certain times of day easier to eat cleanly than others. I can imagine that varies greatly from person to person. I found eating a bigger breakfast helped curtail my late afternoon munchies. Cutting out salty foods & sugary foods decreased my appetite. So, there are a few ideas for you.

I understand wanting to get to goal. But the goal is NOT that low weight…the GOAL is maintenance. Really.

Often, we’ve been in this Maintenance group along time, folks come on all gung-ho, losing quickly, with no concerns regarding maintenance. Losing your weight more slowly - as someone else mentioned - is a great time to practice maintenance.

Really think about what your True Goal is.
    Do you want to be strong?
    Flexible? Able to run easily?
    Or improve risks of not getting a disease?
    A certain level of body fat?

Or is it really just a number on a scale?