Welcome New Members!

Replies

• Jack_mc
    Jack_mc Posts: 28 Member
    Back again...

sap0cuqvo1vt.png

As can see, I have had success with MFP. However, as life is life it didn't go to plan (deaths, breakups, depression, redundancy) and now feels like I am starting all over again... However, this time I know myself a bit better.
    Please Add on MFP, liking and commenting on each other's actions we are taking for our wellbeing! Let us help motivate each other.
  • sgal12345
    sgal12345 Posts: 1 Member
    5kg to lose. Hoping the community feature will help to hold me accountable and be a positive source of motivation. Let's do this 💪
  • SarahsLog2022
    SarahsLog2022 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hi all, I’m restarting with MFP and hoping to stick to it this time. I’m a 40 year old mom, teacher, wannabe runner. Hoping to lose 30lbs! I’d love some friends for accountability - but I’m not sure how to add people or find people, lol. Feel free to add me if you’re able/would like another accountability buddy. Best!
  • jarobinson615
    jarobinson615 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, I started MFP today, and I'm hoping to lose at least 15 pounds - more if possible. One of the meds I am taking unfortunately contributes to weight gain making this desire to lose weight even more challenging. I really don't like how I look right now. I want to eat healthy and exercise regularly with the goal of being much more toned and muscular. I definitely need accountability too. Cheers!
  • jarobinson615
    jarobinson615 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi all, I’m restarting with MFP and hoping to stick to it this time. I’m a 40 year old mom, teacher, wannabe runner. Hoping to lose 30lbs! I’d love some friends for accountability - but I’m not sure how to add people or find people, lol. Feel free to add me if you’re able/would like another accountability buddy. Best!

It's nice to find another teacher! I work as an LD Special Education teacher in a middle school in Virginia. I'm curious to know what you teach. I would definitely like an accountability buddy if you don't mind. I'll invite you to be my friend.To do this, you just click on the link "Friends" under "More" (if you have an Android, that is.) Best wishes to you!
  • ItsAjourney2004
    ItsAjourney2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone MFP was recommended to me by my dietician I am so excited to get started and lose some weight and feel healthy again I wish everyone much success and well being
  • klmcbride2554
    klmcbride2554 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! I have used MFP in the past alongside doing Slimming World.
    I'm on a mission to lose 70lbs, ideally losing 28lbs of that by Christmas 2022, so am aiming for slow and steady lose of 1lb a week.
    I'm a 36 married Mum of 2 from the UK, who doesn't do any exercise and works and office job, so a very sedentary lifestyle!
    I'm feeling excited and nervous.
    Happy to be added as a friend so we can motivate each other x
  • npauze
    npauze Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, my name is Nate. I am a long-life procrastinator on getting healthy. I'm just signed up for premium. It's very overwhelming. Is anyone familiar enough to help me navigate this site?
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 171 Member
    npauze wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Nate. I am a long-life procrastinator on getting healthy. I'm just signed up for premium. It's very overwhelming. Is anyone familiar enough to help me navigate this site?

Asking here is as good as any. What specific thing do you want to know? One thing at a time is easiest.
  • johnkanek777
    johnkanek777 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m John ,hello
    Been into keeping fit for years always watching my weight and find map helps me to be honest about what I eat.
    Since February I’ve logged everything, gym time swimming and diet and have lost the covid 20 pounds and happy to be back to 168 pounds
  • RoddyJPiper
    RoddyJPiper Posts: 10 Member
    It's great to be back here. Looking for some fitness friends. HMU.
  • smh9317
    smh9317 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I've tried eating healthier off and on for a while but honestly I need people going through the same things without pushing mlm products (I've gotten duped a couple of times 😓) I decided to do more than just "eat healthier" so I sat down with a dietitian and during that appointment I realized I did not know much about food except that I love the unhealthy stuff. She recommended MFP as it is what she personally used and it helped her. So, here I am. We set goals and though I want to lose weight I decided to start with implementing healthier meals before aiming to lose weight. If anyone wants to be friends I'm for it. I know from past experience that I need encouragement and for someone to push me. I have some mental things to overcome (like accountability, stop making excuses, quit procrastinating, etc) but having a community of support will help me along my path and I hope I can help others as well!
  • CatSiena
    CatSiena Posts: 5 Member
    Hi ~ getting back on the fitness journey. After working with a trainer and another defined program, it's time for me to be responsible for choosing healthy way of living! One challenge for me is staying motivated. How about you?
  • DazElleNyxAna
    DazElleNyxAna Posts: 1 Member
    Hi
    I am new to this. A group of friends recommended it to me so I want to give a try. I am nervous and happy at the same time of that is possible.
  • Phverica1
    Phverica1 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone! I am back at it again and hoping to do it right this time. I met with a registered dietician who will hopefully help me learn to have a healthy relationship with food. I am 51 and overweight, need to lose 40 lbs and am looking for community support as it has become increasingly difficult. I do also find it difficult to navigate posting but am going to give it a go. Anyone want to help motivate and keep each other accountable?
  • Salemcj2727
    Salemcj2727 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! I’m starting on a journey to lose 70 pounds and think the advice and support here will be helpful.
  • hellsbells164
    hellsbells164 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello! Just turned 48 and have decided the best present I can give myself for my 50th is to lose 70lbs. Hoping that community support will help me through and inspire me during the challenging times.
  • JPeatscookies
    JPeatscookies Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! Last year I lost 60 lbs with needing to lose much more, but it’s slowly creeping back on. I’m in my mid 50’s so this is going to be a slow process. I was exercising but I just broke my ankle, so I need to concentrate on healthy meals and food prep ideas.
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    I been On this site for 4 yrs seen so many come an go. Always looking for friends in this site encourage each other end day we all need that. My thing is under DeniseWilson43 have a great one
  • jamiepb81
    jamiepb81 Posts: 3 Member
    Time get fit again feel free to add me.