So this is a Cyber Cafe What'll be?

Options

Replies

• NavyCurls
    NavyCurls Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @LindaK125 me, too. This is the second time I'm going through the series, although I couldn't finish season 5.

I wound up taking my husband to Urgent Care yesterday, who sent him to the ER. He's been fighting an infection for the last two weeks, which hasn't been getting better. The infection has been causing issues with his already existing water retention. He gained 32+/- lbs just in water weight in roughly a week and a half, which went to his lungs. He spent the night in ER last night, to see if they can get rid of the excess water. I'm hoping he'll come home today, or tomorrow, better than he was.

Viktor - scrambled eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, wheat toast with butter, mixed fruit, and OJ, please. And get @LindaK125 a bucket of M&Ms.
  • Zzyyggy
    Zzyyggy Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Navycurls hope your hubby gets better. I had that problem last October with water retention and had congestive heart failure where the liquid got into my heart preventing it from pumping blood. I was in the hospital for a week not fun. They may put him on a low sodium diet. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the roast beef grinder with the works, chips and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a large chocolate chip cookie and an iced mocha. (This is the only place I can have these foods since they are so high in sodium). Here there is no calories, or sodium. I think I'll go for a swim first and then hang out on the terrace.
  • LindaK125
    LindaK125 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    @NavyCurls, having to take your husband to the hospital must have been terrifying. Hopefully, he’ll be home soon and feeling better. I just figured you were busy and couldn’t make it to the cybercafe. I’ll add you both to my prayers.

Zzyyggy, I’m quite sure you got better because you only eat low sodium foods at the cybercafe. Oh, and the chocolate— let’s not forget the medicinal chocolate. Medicinal chocolate can cure so many things. Especially the medicinal chocolate from the cybercafe.

Gee, you two make me feel guilty for feeling sorry for myself. I can’t drive right now. I have tarsal tunnel syndrome in my left foot—like carpal tunnel syndrome, but in your ankle. I can’t find a position for my foot that isn’t extremely painful when sitting in the driver’s seat. It’s difficult enough to walk when this is acting up, but it would be nice to get out and about once in awhile. Otherwise, I’m on an anti-inflammation diet which is making me a bit crazy. So I think we all need chocolate. Anyone care for some M&M’s? (Thanks to NavyCurls I have a good supply.)

But first, Viktor, I’d like some General Tso’s Chicken with sticky rice and broccoli, please. Just keep those iced teas coming. Time for Sunset Dessert. I think some s’mores brownie pie would be lovely. Extra whipped cream, please. For s’mores brownie pie you start with brownies baked in a graham cracker crust iced with chocolate ganache and then marshmallows toasted under the broiler and served with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream. I’m partial to chocolate chip mint ice cream or coffee ice cream, but for this, chocolate ice cream would do nicely, especially Harris Teeter’s Truly Chocolate ice cream. And this pie tastes good with mini M&M’s sprinkled generously overtop. Hmm, I bet s’mores brownie pie would be really yummy with rocky road ice cream or phish food ice cream. Maybe we could add some caramel . . .
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Viktor, I’d love a cup of cafe mocha, a bowl of berries, and a ham and cheese croissant, please. For lunch I want a roast beef and Swiss cheese sub from Hudson Deli in Providence. Tawanna knows how I like it and she always remembers to add the cheese curly fries. I was thinking of going to the Brew Pub in Long Valley for dinner because I haven’t had a Lazy Jake Porter in 15 years (since we moved to NC). They have really yummy pub food. It’s a good thing the cybercafe is just like the Tardis and there’s a park across from the Hudson Deli and the Long Valley Brew Pub has a nice big parking lot so we’ll have no problem traveling around. Maybe we could even make a stop at the Bagelsmith at exit 12 on Route 78. They have the best breakfast and deli sandwiches, as well as, the best bagels. Of course, the Bagelsmith has a minuscule parking lot, so we’ll have to set down in the school parking lot.

I’m feeling nostalgic because the kids are taking a trip to Maine and they’re going to stop at the Bagelsmith on their way. We used to live three miles from the Bagelsmith. Sometimes I get so homesick, even after all these years.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely people!
    I hope everyone gets better, feels better, very soon, as well as your dh Navycurls. When those wrenches get thrown into our lives, it makes us stumble and trip. Here's hoping to smoother and happier days ahead!!

I'm in the mood for an apple fritter with a premium cup of coffee. I'd love to sit out on the terrace and view the mountains today. Thank you!

Everyone have a great day!!
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!!! <3

@Zzyyggy he's been on a low sodium diet off and on for a while now, mostly on, and it hasn't done much for him. He also has congestive heart failure, which is adding to the problem. The bottom line is his health is catching up to him from when he was using (20+ year addiction and has been clean and sober since 2008).

@LindaK125 - I'll drive you anywhere you need to go.

Viktor - for breakfast, can I please get a chorizo burrito, mixed fruit, and OJ? I'll take a chicken breast teriyaki bowl with rice and steamed veggies for lunch. For dinner, spaghetti with meat sauce from Vince's, garlic bread, and a side salad with ranch dressing.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm starving. For dinner tonight I'm going to have macaroni and cheese, and garlic bread. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I think I'll have some of those m&ms and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and an iced mocha. It's been a gorgeous day outside all day but getting ready to storm now. Chocolate is the best cure for everything.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, did you see the ice cream desserts from Betty today? I think it’s the same as last year’s list, not that I care about that. I’m definitely ordering the Fudge Mint Ice Cream Torte with chocolate chip mint ice cream, of course.

@NavyCurls, I hope your husband is doing better today. Thanks for the offer to drive me around. Sweetie has that covered, although I want to drive my car myself! This too shall pass. In the meantime, there’s plenty of chocolate and the cybercafe has a spa (wouldn’t that be nice). You can always just lie back in your recliner with your bunny slippers on and a nice warm blanket and spend some time relaxing here at the cybercafe. One of my favorite places to get away from it all is the cybercafe’s library. I can read to my heart’s content and nobody bothers me there.

And on that note: @ReenieHJ, hope we didn’t scare you away. 😳 I was whining, wasn’t I.

I had planned on going all these wonderful places today while visiting the cybercafe, but I didn’t get the chance. Maybe another day. Tomorrow is a visit to the Salon and an afternoon with a friend. We’ll see how that goes. I think Sweetie gets tired of all the chattering. Between me and Miss Nora, he hardly gets a word in. Miss Nora sure keeps up her end of the conversation.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    DH is home safely. I'm planning on spending the day out on the terrace with a good book and a roaring fire in the fireplace.

Viktor - a bagel with cream cheese, mixed fruit and OJ.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, Navycurls I'm glad hubby is okay. Enjoy your book Linda I did see those ice cream desserts on Betty's email, but none really reached out and grabbed me. I'm pooped tonight. For dinner I think I'll have hotdogs and hamburgs cooked out on the grill with potato salad and baked beans and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have a slice of apple pie and vanilla ice cream with an iced mocha. But first I think I'll go for a swim in the pool, and then hang out on the terrace with Navycurls, Linda will probably join us in a bit.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    @LindaK125 Scare me away? Never!! :) I don't think of it as whining. More like leaning, as in 'we need to lean on others in our lives and not go it alone' KWIM? So Huge {hugs} to all who could use one.

@Navycurls glad to hear dh is doing a bit better and hope it continues. :)

@Zzyyggy what emails from Betty with ice cream desserts? :) They sound yummy!

Even though it's only 7ish a.m. I'd love a lobster salad roll this morning. With some onion rings. And some peanut butter ice cream for dessert. I'll watch you all take a dip in the pool while I eat. :)

• LindaK125
    Options
    @ReenieHJ — Yes, I do. Morning swims are wonderful, although sometimes we have to watch the guys clean the pool first, and that’s even more wonderful.

Mm, lobster rolls for second breakfast. Yum! Viktor, sometimes you startle me, appearing out of nowhere like that. Yes please to the coffee. I’ll have berry cobbler for elevenses later. Looks like I’ll be spending most of the day at the cyberpool. It’s going to be hot, humid and horrible with late afternoon thunderstorms around the Charlotte area today. Same as yesterday, but I’m hoping for more rain than just .05 inches.
  • NavyCurls
    Options
    @ReenieHJ - it's never too early for what you want to eat. As I see it, food is food, no matter what time of day. :wink:

@Zzyyggy - come on out. There's always room for everyone on the terrace.

@LindaK125 - I'll take ColdStone Creamery vanilla with PB cups mixed in and caramel sauce drizzle.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi everyone, We had a really good rainy day here. A good soaking rain for all those farmers and gardners in the state.

Reneehj: Lindak and I get the emails from the Betty Crocker cookbook sights. In one of her latest ones it was all about ice cream dessert recipes.

Navycurls: enjoy your coffee

LindaK: I think thats why they clean the pool at the time for us to watch.

For dinner tonight I'm going to have a huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have that cookie brownie that Betty had on the email today. Francois said he made up a batch knowing we would want some, and an iced mocha.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hello everybody, Hmmm no one is in here yet. I'll take a seat on the terrace and see who comes in. For dinner tonight I'm going to have the fried seafood platter with french fries and lots of tarter sauce. A coca cola with that please. For dessert I'll have some chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with an iced mocha. Got my hair cut today and I'm pooped this afternoon. Also did three loads of laundry. Another perfect day out there. I could get use to this weather.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Sorry I’m late, Zzyyggy. I meant to post this morning. I’ve been getting Synvisc shots in my knees every Friday and didn’t take the time to visit the cybercafe. Next Friday I’ll have my last appointment. Yeah! Charlotte had one of those beautiful days the cybercafe is known for. The temperature is supposed to be up in the 90’s for the next week and we may even hit 100 degrees. Considering moving to Vermont for the summer or maybe (probably) moving to the cybercafe until the weather improves. Hopefully, that will be sometime before October.

Viktor, chocolate. Please.
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi Linda, come on up although Vermont will get hot and humid as well in July and August. Today though was perfect. Sat outside with my sister for a bit at her house. For dinner tonight I'm going to have a bacon cheeseburger with french fries and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have some brownies and an iced mocha. I think I'll go for a dip in the pool first though.
  • LindaK125
    Options
    Zzyyggy, great swim. As soon as I dry off a little I’ll order. The 14 day forecast in Charlotte says it’s going to be hot, hot, hot! I realize you have weather that can be just as hot and humid as mine, however our summer weather can last well into October, about five months, especially if there are late season hurricanes to pump the tropical air through our area. However, you have winter weather for a good five months. Our winter weather lasts anywhere from a day to three weeks. Hmm, it’s an even trade off, isn’t it?

Oh, Viktor, I’ll have my favorite burrito and an avocado and tomato salad. Another pitcher of iced tea and a pitcher of iced mochas, too, please. Betty had s’mores chocolate chip (mint) ice cream sandwiches in her email today. I want that! I never considered dipping the graham crackers in chocolate. How could I have missed that? 😳 Viktor, thanks so much for the tortilla chips and dips! 😋

It so nice to be able to sit here in the sun and relax by the cyberpool. Should we stay out here for Sunset Dessert? I’m planning to spend the rest of the evening finishing my book so I might move to the Club Room. Zzyyggy calls it the Lounge. Whatever. I think my cat, Useless, has taken up residence there because there’s always a lap to sit on and tuna treats.
  • ReenieHJ
    Options
    I'm in the mood for Guacamole and chips today. Lots of 'em for continuous munching. :) Then a Burrito Bowl, nothing too spicy though. Can I finish off with a bowl of peanut butter ice cream topped with that chocolate shell stuff? Please and thank you!

@LindaK125, thanks for the Mexican food inspiration :) Hope your knees feel better. :( It must be frustrating to deal with.

@Zzyyggy It was absolutely perfect outside yesterday! If we could order that weather for 360 days of the year........hey we(or maybe just I?) still need snow for Christmas. :)
  • Zzyyggy
    Options
    Hi ladies, Reneeihj, I too need a white Christmas. I guess it's something we're use to. Don't you remember as a kid getting that sled for Christmas and then going out to test drive it on the nearest hill before dinner?
    LindaK: Watching the sunset was fun last night. Lets continue with that tonight.

I'm starving tonight. For dinner I'm going to have the barbecued spareribs, potato salad, and a coca cola. For dessert I'll have the peanut butter S'mores cake Betty had on her email yestarday, and an iced mocha. Yikes I have no chocolate in the house and theres no near by store to pick any up. I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Until then I'll have some mini m&ms to munch on.