Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• MPE_2022
    MPE_2022 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone 👋 I have been here before, and still have some contacts from that time! I’m ‘back’ cause I want some more insight in what I eat and I always loved using this app.
    Please feel free to add me, we can all use some support and motivation from time to time! Have a great start of the new week! Miranda
  • cholling66
    cholling66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. On the countdown to my 50 and determined to be fabulous at 50....not flabby! Ive also had the 'pre diabetes' warning and my blood pressure is higher than it should be. So lots of reasons to make changes. Im looking forward to getting started (I think 🤔 🤣)
  • kmariec142014
    kmariec142014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello, new to MFP plans, looking forward to finding inspiration to make new habits click and stick!
  • crystalsomo
    crystalsomo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiiii —I’m kind of a MYP yo yo user . It worked for me 5 years ago when I was tracking for 5 weeks and then I made some home made chili and it was really frustrating to log so I gave up. Tried a few times over the years but here we are again.

Also, I can’t tell if I’m making my own independent post or I’m replying to someone…sorry!
  • kmariec142014
    kmariec142014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Crystal, I to have a long on again, off again relationship w/ MFP - but I keep coming back. I agree, about tracking homemade meals. At this point I do the best I can with estimation - and look for a reasonable substitute that is already in the database. I also try to err on the side of higher calories. For instance, today I'm meeting up w/ a friend for lunch. I'm going to order a black bean patty over wild greens with a light lime chili dressing, so I entered the generic 1/2 avocado, black bean patty, mixed greens and chili lim dressing. It took me longer to type this than to enter those items. Anyway, here's to trying again for us both!
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hiiii —I’m kind of a MYP yo yo user . It worked for me 5 years ago when I was tracking for 5 weeks and then I made some home made chili and it was really frustrating to log so I gave up. Tried a few times over the years but here we are again.

Also, I can’t tell if I’m making my own independent post or I’m replying to someone…sorry!

Find the "Quote" button under the post you want to reply to if you want to reply to a specific post. Just go to the bottom of the feed and add a comment if you just want to add to the stream. As far as chili or anything else you put together from scratch, the first time is the worst because you have to find and enter every ingredient... but then save it as a meal, and the next time it's one click magic. You can even then go into your daily entries and edit an ingredient or delete and add as needed. Welcome back!
  • dimovskaliz
    dimovskaliz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heya, im mew to the community but have used myfitnesspal for years. It was a great help to lose 30kj about 4 years ago, especially tracking macros while i was doing keto. Now i mainly use it to build a recipe base for my favourite meals. At 5'2 i don't have a lot of room to move with my calorie intake so the app is great for tracking my intake so i don't blow out. Looking forward to some inspiration from the community on consistency and motivation especially now that i am less active and working predominantly from home.
  • Irene121961
    Irene121961 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello All - I am starting over with MFP. I really have never used the community part in the past. I am looking for some support. I have just over 20 pounds to lose. I have been a runner all my life but have not been consistent lately.

• Jack_mc
    Jack_mc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Back again...

sap0cuqvo1vt.png

As can see, I have had success with MFP. However, as life is life it didn't go to plan (deaths, breakups, depression, redundancy) and now feels like I am starting all over again... However, this time I know myself a bit better.
    Please Add on MFP, liking and commenting on each other's actions we are taking for our wellbeing! Let us help motivate each other.
  • sgal12345
    sgal12345 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5kg to lose. Hoping the community feature will help to hold me accountable and be a positive source of motivation. Let's do this 💪
  • SarahsLog2022
    SarahsLog2022 Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi all, I’m restarting with MFP and hoping to stick to it this time. I’m a 40 year old mom, teacher, wannabe runner. Hoping to lose 30lbs! I’d love some friends for accountability - but I’m not sure how to add people or find people, lol. Feel free to add me if you’re able/would like another accountability buddy. Best!
  • jarobinson615
    jarobinson615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I started MFP today, and I'm hoping to lose at least 15 pounds - more if possible. One of the meds I am taking unfortunately contributes to weight gain making this desire to lose weight even more challenging. I really don't like how I look right now. I want to eat healthy and exercise regularly with the goal of being much more toned and muscular. I definitely need accountability too. Cheers!
  • jarobinson615
    jarobinson615 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m restarting with MFP and hoping to stick to it this time. I’m a 40 year old mom, teacher, wannabe runner. Hoping to lose 30lbs! I’d love some friends for accountability - but I’m not sure how to add people or find people, lol. Feel free to add me if you’re able/would like another accountability buddy. Best!

It's nice to find another teacher! I work as an LD Special Education teacher in a middle school in Virginia. I'm curious to know what you teach. I would definitely like an accountability buddy if you don't mind. I'll invite you to be my friend.To do this, you just click on the link "Friends" under "More" (if you have an Android, that is.) Best wishes to you!
  • ItsAjourney2004
    ItsAjourney2004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone MFP was recommended to me by my dietician I am so excited to get started and lose some weight and feel healthy again I wish everyone much success and well being
  • klmcbride2554
    klmcbride2554 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have used MFP in the past alongside doing Slimming World.
    I'm on a mission to lose 70lbs, ideally losing 28lbs of that by Christmas 2022, so am aiming for slow and steady lose of 1lb a week.
    I'm a 36 married Mum of 2 from the UK, who doesn't do any exercise and works and office job, so a very sedentary lifestyle!
    I'm feeling excited and nervous.
    Happy to be added as a friend so we can motivate each other x
  • npauze
    npauze Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nate. I am a long-life procrastinator on getting healthy. I'm just signed up for premium. It's very overwhelming. Is anyone familiar enough to help me navigate this site?
  • Niteman3d
    Niteman3d Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    npauze wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Nate. I am a long-life procrastinator on getting healthy. I'm just signed up for premium. It's very overwhelming. Is anyone familiar enough to help me navigate this site?

Asking here is as good as any. What specific thing do you want to know? One thing at a time is easiest.
  • johnkanek777
    johnkanek777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m John ,hello
    Been into keeping fit for years always watching my weight and find map helps me to be honest about what I eat.
    Since February I’ve logged everything, gym time swimming and diet and have lost the covid 20 pounds and happy to be back to 168 pounds
  • RoddyJPiper
    RoddyJPiper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's great to be back here. Looking for some fitness friends. HMU.
  • smh9317
    smh9317 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've tried eating healthier off and on for a while but honestly I need people going through the same things without pushing mlm products (I've gotten duped a couple of times 😓) I decided to do more than just "eat healthier" so I sat down with a dietitian and during that appointment I realized I did not know much about food except that I love the unhealthy stuff. She recommended MFP as it is what she personally used and it helped her. So, here I am. We set goals and though I want to lose weight I decided to start with implementing healthier meals before aiming to lose weight. If anyone wants to be friends I'm for it. I know from past experience that I need encouragement and for someone to push me. I have some mental things to overcome (like accountability, stop making excuses, quit procrastinating, etc) but having a community of support will help me along my path and I hope I can help others as well!