What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• jsjentz
    jsjentz Posts: 13 Member
    How easy it is to put it all back on... As a side note, great to see this post still going, considering the PO has been inactive since 2015 :hushed:

I am so glad you said this about "putting it back on." I became a bit lax over the winter months, not working out as regularly and eating more cheat meals than normal. The weight started coming back fast!!
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 533 Member
    No one had told me how much my self confidence would come back!! Or that I'd learn to like myself, and truly like myself. Both of these are the bonuses I never knew could happen. Also that a BFF would be so ANGRY at me for losing over 100 lbs. Her words were (A year ago, I had lost over 100 long before that) "I HATE THAT YOU DID THIS TO ME!! NOW I AM THE ONLY REALLY FAT ONE!" in the crowd we are around. I WAS STUNNED!! I did tell her "I didn't lose the weight to hurt you, I did lose the weight because I wanted to really enjoy life again, and I do." She retains that anger, in turn, I rarely have anything to do with her.

I’m sorry that happened to you. People are weird.

Congratulations on losing over 100lbs
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 231 Member
    I prefer no comments at all on my body or weight loss but I can accept them from my mum and sister and from people I've known for at least 6 months who are themselves fat or used to be fat. Everyone else is a hard no, it makes me feel awful. And it can't be "you look good" either. It can only be "hey, you look slimmer/thinner" and "I see the lines of your muscles now!".

"You look good" just tells me you're fatphobic because you didn't tell me I looked good when I was gaining weight and reached this number so you just hated the way I looked when I was fatter more than you hate the way I look now. I liked the way most of me looked at my heaviest and the one thing I didn't like was also there when I was only 5kg overweight.