Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,104 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    https://www.ifm.org/find-a-practitioner/ For those who are interested. A way to find a functional doctor.

RvRita
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Geez Kim how traumatic! Lucky it turned out okay. And kudos to the brave fire fighters who made it turn out okay.

Annie in Delaware, having a quiet day doing laundry
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Kim - thank you for spoiling the ending, my heart was still in my throat, even knowing you're OK and so glad that you are.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Kim, I’ve been near (on foot and evacuating picnickers and campers )so know first hand what you went through. So glad you are home safe. I really admire the firefighters, plane and helicopter fire retardant droppers, and all involved or near fires. I freak out now every time I see a propane fire pit or any contained fire. The consequences of even a spark are devastating!

RvRita
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Worked today. This is the first time ever that when I go in early, I was told to wait about ½ hour before clocking in. But I did want to get to the soup kitchen, so I just started working even tho I wasn’t on the clock. Went to the soup kitchen and evidently she texted me but I leave my pocketbook in my trunk when I go to work so I didn’t see the text. She said that she had enough help but I had to go to the Humane Society (a friend gave me some cat food to donate) and I know they have a thrift store in Newton, so I took that there. While there I found a pair of clippers for the cats. We always talked about putting a pair down at the condo so I got them. When I brought them home, Vince had forgotten that we talked about putting a pair at the condo. I don’t know if it was a good price or not, but it helped the kitties so it was worth it. I may be able to go for a walk around the block after being here and going in the pool. We shall see. If not, I’ll go after dinner

Before my father passed, his MD wanted him to go on dialysis. He flatly refused. His feeling was “when God wants me, I’m going dialysis or no dialysis. If God doesn’t want me, then I’m not going”. He lived for about 2 more years but was comfortable with his decision. When he was in the hospital dying, the MD wanted me to put him on dialysis, but I knew his wishes and didn’t do it.

Kim – so glad you are safe.

When I got to work today Jerry looked terrible so I asked him twice if he was OK. Then he walked away and the manager told me “he’s drunk”. On the way home he told me he’d gotten drunk last night and the next day he feels terrible. I don’t know if he was drunk or just had a bad hangover, but at least I didn’t get the rolling eyes whenever I asked him to do something. I tried hard not to. When he said to me "I'll go to work drunk if I want to, they know I'll do the work" I just let it go in one ear and out the other.

I mentioned to one lady that I'd take Jerry home and she said "oh, they know you will"

Michele NC
    who is off to the pool
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Kim))) — I am sorry that fire is a frightening situation for so many and very happy that you are okay. I know the risks for firefighters and hope they stay safe enough as they work to put the fires out.
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Kim- Jiminy Crickets i would have been scared to death to go through that,so so glad your ok..
    Machka- I was diagnosed with PKD - poly cystic kidney disease when i was 36,my mom went into renal failure that year and had to go on dialysis.
    I to have to stay away from caffine and salt.. and potassium and all sorts of other stuff.. depending on what they find with all this bloodwork.who knows what will happen..I just have to put my faith in the good Lord.. he has gotten me this far..
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    OMG Kim!!! Home and Levi must have never seemed so sweet...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 51sec, 53elev, 3.12ap, 84ahr, 97mhr, 6.33mi= 540c
    Strava app = 722c
    Walk home to gym- 11.03min, .52mi= 54c
    Strava app = 60c
    Treadmill jog- 9.55min, 6-7sp, 9.55min mi, 107ahr, 139mhr, 1mi= 100c
    Elliptical machine- 20min, 120ahr, 146mhr, 5incl, 5resist, 2936strides, 1.68mi= 194c
    Walk gym to store then home- 20.12min, .88mi= 104c
    Strava app = 101c

Total cal 992

Did a one mile run, yup, shoulder hurts afterwards, even more so on the next day. I must like pain
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim — I am thankful that you are safe now. In recent years fires have been a huge problem In Oregon, California and other places. We don’t have a fire problem that I know of right now, but it is always a worry. Covid is a worry everywhere. I hope we will all be safe and healthy. 🙏🏻
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,104 Member
    Options
    Kim: So glad you’re safely home with Levi.

☘️ Terri